Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: [061]: Sept 29 2012 - Rock Vegas - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA

twiggyvguitar solo
    lol, from pistol whipped or something like that?)

Marilyn Manson took it to another level with his new record and now is taking it to another level with the current tour. The theatrics are amazing, the colours are amazing and the band seems to be having a fucking great time onstage. Glad to know they filmed the great show I attended this year in Milan. After seeing this production I've decided to fly again to see a Twins of Evil show in Europe. Just have to decide the venue now.

Quote Originally Posted by sp1nat View Post
    lol, from pistol whipped or something like that?)
    lol, the pistol whipped solo is from manson. so no, nothing like that

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Slo-Mo-Tion in great qua-li-ty!

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Hey, Cruel World...

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Seeing the religious outfit he's wearing is interesting, as it's not the same popularised during Guns, God & Government, this one is red. It's not currently tradition for bishops to wear a red mitre, the Pope's - to my knowledge - is always white with gold fringe, and lower echelons of the clergy would be wearing less grandiose variations of the same design.

With that in mind, Manson's is specific to him it seems. Even the stole he's wearing is uniform, a red and gold one is worn by the Pope, but only to choral ceremonies. Perhaps as Manson is the singer, this is what he is representing, but the entire ensemble is still incongruous with regular Papal and clergy dress. The natural conclusion is to see this as an extension of the 'Red Devil', Antichrist figure we've become accustomed to with Manson onstage.

Consider the mitre's 'Horns':-

And then of course Manson himself as the 'Red Devil' (notably during an album era that saw him don the robes and mitre in another music video...):-

I don't think this is actually it, but I'd like to say it anyway:

There's a Dutch holiday centering around a man named Sinterklaas, who is much like Santa Claus (it's even where the word came from). He comes around once a year to 'give all the children presents' with a whole lot of stuff around it (now that I think of it I think Manson if he'd care to look into it would find the concept of his black helpers (who are usually actually white guys covered in make-up) dressed in silly suits quite interesting).... But anyway, this guy always wears a red mitre and a red cape:
    "Doing interviews is just as important as writing a song. A lot of people just don't take things like that as seriously, but in the end it has to be." - Marilyn Manson, Metal Edge, July 1999.
    What happened, Manson?

Foreverteatime.deviantart.com

^That;s the first thing my girlfriend said when I showd the pic of Manson, lol