Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: [064]: Oct 04 2012 - Topeka Expo Center - Topeka, Kansas, USA

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Default [064]: Oct 04 2012 - Topeka Expo Center - Topeka, Kansas, USA

04 October 2012
    Venue: Topeka Expo Center

http://marilynmanson.com - http://robzombie.com

Members Attending:
    • Lauren

On sale July 28th.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Here's a ticket link through the venue's website: http://ksexpo.com/index.php?option=c...457&Itemid=232

I'm going to this show! I just decided today that I wanted to go and, hey, tickets were still available so why not?

I plan on taking photos if I'm not too far away. I'm not sure what the seating arrangement will be like as I've never been to this venue before so I can't guarantee if I'll have anything decent enough quality to share. I'm in the front row of the reserved seating so I should be able to get at least something. Anyway, I'm pretty excited to see both bands~

I just got back! I think the setlist was the same as the other shows (I'm bad with remembering setlists) except they played Coma White instead of Tourniquet. It was really amazing. I'll give a better summary of the show later, I need to settle and look through photos first.

Holy shit Coma White in full?!

YES!

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

The venue was small, Rob Zombie said it was the smallest show of the tour. I'm sure they were wondering where the fuck they were because it felt like the middle of nowhere and barely anybody seemed to be there. Topeka was pretty gross in general and the venue was literally minutes away from Westboro. There was one woman handing out cards for a local church but it wasn't for them. I had okay seats but was right next to the aisles so there were people constantly in the way going to get beer. It was annoying though I still had an amazing time. Oh, and I had no idea there was an opening act? It's some Slipknot member playing weird experimental (?) music with NIN samples or something. It was awkward.

Marilyn Manson came on and all of the setups and props were really cool. They were very punctual and organized. I loved all of the outfit changes, even if they were minor. The ones I don't think he's done yet so far (unless I overlooked something in another thread) are balloons for Personal Jesus, a dog leash (according to my mom, it was hard for me to tell) and feather collar for Rock is Dead, the coat and hat for Coma White and maybe a few others. There were no long arms since they didn't perform Tourniquet. I was much happier to see Coma White than Tourniquet, it was really amazing and stunning. I freaked out when they started playing it and thought I was going to cry. I'm never that emotionally affected at concerts. It was the full song, the video above doesn't show all of it. I just double checked the timestamps on my photos, haha.

The other songs were just as wonderful musically. They were in full form. There were a few iffy moments with the audio beyond their control but they seemed so in the zone that they didn't care. I loved seeing King Kill 33 live with Twiggy singing. He sang at most of the end of mOBSCENE as well. The Beautiful People was the best out of the other times I've seen it performed, Manson was in a great mood for it and was friendly to the audience. I don't remember too much of what he said then. Earlier he said he had slept with a stripper named Kansas or something like that. Before playing Slo-Mo-Tion, he referred to Twiggy as Twiggeth Ramireth. It was cute. John 5 and Ginger Fish were really cute too, they out shined Rob Zombie. Everyone was in such a great mood and it showed in the performances except I think Rob Zombie's vocals were awful and he focused too much on fan interaction.

I'll try to post the photos I took tomorrow, I'm very tired now but I thought I'd summarize for anyone going to the next show. I hope they play Coma White for the upcoming shows!

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Nice review, Lauren!

Intro/Hey, Cruel World...

No Reflection

The Dope Show/Slo-Mo-Tion

Coma White/Coma Black