Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: [072]: Oct 15 2012 - Coelli Center - Youngstown, Ohio, USA

I agree. It's only 10 minutes.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

LOL
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

It's not that I don't care, just that I really don't think those 10 minutes is what is ruining the set list - the set list for this tour has been the worst yet in his entire career. This blaming Rob Zombie game is pretty juvenile. It takes a monumental amount of organisation to put together a world tour, especially one with co-headliners and none of us would know the first thing about what goes on behind the scenes. It is annoying, yes, but fucking hell... Marilyn Manson knew well in advanced that he was going to be playing BEFORE a guy that was going to be setting up massive screens, pyrotechnics and robotics. I'm sure it at least crossed his mind once that these things take time to put together and that things often don't work out in real life and there are fuck ups

EDIT: Furthermore, you knew you were buying tickets to see him play before Rob Zombie. Guys that play first don't get the last word. They get fucked. It's how it is. At a pub gig or in a stadium.
    Last edited by 1984; 10-16-2012 at 06:46 AM.

Marilyn Manson is a troll. Get used to it. Deal with it.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

^

Yes - that and the whole thing is staged, anyway. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Kollaps View Post
    ^

Yes - that and the whole thing is staged, anyway. lol!
    "My shame's not afraid to repeat itself. I do this because I hate of all of you" lol
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

Wait wait. 10 minutes difference WITHOUT any setlist cuts. If for whatever reason Manson's set gets cut 1 or 2 songs, then we're already talking about 3 or 4 songs.

And this is not the worst setlist, there's a perfect balance between new songs, hits (every review mentions Personal Jesus for example, there's a reason why it's still in the setlist) and songs that weren't hits, but are awesome live (Antichrist Superstar, The Love Song, Coma White, The Reflecting God,...) and each of those songs with great props and show effects that add to the show.

All these conversations and arguments get way too technical in my opinion though. I for my part enjoy this throwback to exciting rock 'n' roll days. Where else do you find a massive world tour that brings trouble and chaos like this one? But I guess even then people find something to complain about, even if it's about an artist whose discussion boards they visit every single day lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NapalmHeart View Post
    ^Who said that? Let me guess... a Zombie fan?
    Nope.

They said that Manson had the attitude he didn't wanna be there and if his time is getting cut short, wouldn't you have that attitude too?

Well, I'm not here to bitch. Yesterday at this show was the greatest day of my life. We were standing right ion the barrier in front of Twiggy. Although Manson's setlist was short, he killed it out there! He was VERY into it and put his all into the performance. He stabbed a beer with his knife-mic and told us not to do drugs. Then he continued to pour "cocaine" out of a little tube onto the stage. I have no idea what it really was but it was hilarious. He told us how he got crabs here and was talking a lot between songs. It was really fun! His voice was extremely strong tonight. Also, Teena Byrd was in attendance. She squeezed in next to me and me and my boyfriend totally did a double take on her. We started talking to her and also complaining about this one kid who was trying to get up to the barrier and touching my friend's boobs. She said she loved me and kissed me on the cheek. That was a definite wtf moment seeing as I am also a girl, who is straight, and I had only known her for about 20 minutes. Only a little creepy, especially since her lipstick was on my face.

Oh and the opener was pure shit. Sounded like a confused computer. It sounded like if my computer had an error and kept occasionally trying to pull up songs from my itunes. I couldn't even find a beat in that shit if I tried (and I did try).

Anyway, Rob Zombie put on a great show too. I'm a huge John5 fan and he kept waving at me and pointing to me. He eventually threw his pick to me and I almost cried of joy. I held it up and thanked him for it and he winked at me and nodded his head. Manson's right, he is an extremely nice guy. Me and my group also got to help hold up Rob while he walked along the barrier while singing.

The "after-party" couldn't have been more worth it. I shook both Manson and Twiggy's hands and they signed my mask. Twiggy did that weird finger wiggling thing on my wrist when he shook my hand. So I did the old "hey I'm pulse" and made my hand throb when I shook his hand. We both acted really serious while doing this for about 10 seconds, then we laughed and I walked away after thanking Manson for everything he's done. Both Manson and Twiggy were making Communism jokes to my boyfriend and friend because they are both from Russia. The whole thing was just very laid back and fun. There was a ton of A Christmas Story leg-lamps everywhere back there too. Most of them written on by people. It was pretty funny.
    Then once we made our way up for the pictures Manson grabbed my leg and pulled it up and Twiggy stood next to me doing who-knows-what. I'll find out tomorrow. But then they took another picture and for some reason my tongue just came out of my mouth. I was like "haha my tongue was out in the second picture. I don't even know how or why that happened." Manson told me something along the lines of "It's okay to have your tongue out... like a cat. Cats stick their tongues out." That made my night (as if my night hadn't already been made a million times).

Great show, great energy, best day ever.

Anyone got videos of Manson/Zombie at this show?

Thank you TH15x15xMYxOMeGA for actually contributing something to this thread.

I would LOVE it if everyone who did the VIP meet & greet wrote up really detailed descriptions of their experiences and then all those anecdotes were combined into a book or pdf or something. It would be great to be able to go back and read all about how Manson interacted with his fans like ten years from now. And also now, but you know what I mean. A compilation would be fab.

Also, of course I'm one of the first people to care deeply if I don't get to see Manson play Coma White or TRG, but I also feel like knowing that he was touring with zombie, we all should have expected this. We should expect that his set would be shorter than it would be if he had toured alone, like HCW tour. Yeah it's supposed to be 50/50 but be realistic guys, we all knew he was going to be going on stage before zombie, and we all knew this would end up being more of a "zombie as the main event" thing. So let's get over it, yeah?