Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [073]: Oct 16 2012 - Armory - Rochester, New York, USA

the performance was great, definitely exceeded my expectations. i mean, just seeing jeordie in the dress and the podium for antichrist? i fucking lost it. i'm pretty sure the entire manson-based audience lost it. and the pope outfit for the love song and the confetti during coma white, perfect. his voice sounded top notch and the entire show was just a+ across the board. i thought i might be biased but my boyfriend came along and he's pretty apathetic towards manson, and even he agreed he put on a great show.

that being said, zombie blew us fucking away. but they put on two completely different types of performances. manson's setlist has a lot to do with the lyrics and the vocals of the songs, you know, like the atmosphere and all. whereas zombie is just pure theatrics and energy. so there's no use comparing them, they were both spectacular in their own way.

also, there were two lonely bible thumpers outside the armory as we (very slowly, very very slowly) made our way inside. that was pretty cool. i always felt a little deprived as a manson fan because no one ever offered to save my soul.
    Last edited by zlatna.; 10-17-2012 at 05:37 PM.
    “Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now.
    We will never be here again.” —Homer, The Iliad.

Manson:
    Hey, Cruel World
    Disposable Teens
    The Love Song
    No Reflection
    mOBSCENE
    The Dope Show
    Slo-Mo-Tion
    Rock Is Dead
    Personal Jesus
    Sweet Dreams
    Coma White
    King Kill 33°
    Antichrist Superstar
    The Beautiful People

Zombie:

Jesus Frankenstein
    Superbeast
    Meet the Creeper
    Living Dead Girl
    More Human Than Human (White Zombie song)
    Mars Needs Women
    Never Gonna Stop
    Sick Bubble-Gum
    Scum of the Earth
    Pussy Liquor
    Thunder Kiss '65
    School's Out
    Dragula

With an impressive drum solo from Ginger, and the usual yet always awesome guitar solo from John.

Manson did fantastic, his voice was perfect, he looked great, the usual trapping were all there: the cardinal outfit, the confetti during coma white, the podium. Yet everything Manson did, zombie did better. Including a bigger podium during Dragula. Manson is the best he's been since 2004, but Zombie is just so awesome and intense live that there really wasn't anything MM could do to top it, minus free hookers for the audience of course.
    Last edited by iggy; 10-18-2012 at 01:45 AM.

It's amazing that EVERY review says Zombie blows him off the stage every night.

I disagree abut that having to be the case. I'm not sure that 100 percent effort is there - performances were even better without all the production this year. Trying to compete against Zombie's show on a production level if the performance isn't there isn't going to cut it. I'm not going to argue with people who don't agree with me, but if you took the earlier stripped down performance energy and vocals and added the theatrics on top, Manson would blow him off the stage. I'm not sure it's the size of the podium that counts.

Zombie's show is precision and it is incredibly impressive, but he's not a rock star like Manson is - he can't even compete on that level. If Manson upped his precision and got in shape and took it as seriously, he would blow him off the stage. It would be like trying to follow Jim Morrison. Add the stage show and it would make following him impossible.

^Thing is, Manson is doing absolutely amazing, he's added more theatrics over the previous leg of the tour, his energy was fantastic, this is the single best MM performance I've been to since the AAG tour. This was MM at his finest...Zombie just wiped the floor with him. Also: LMAO @ "Zombie isn't a rockstar".

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Seeing Iggy telling people Manson is absolutely amazing makes me wanna die (no pun intended about Pretty Reckless) because he won't come to Brazil. I feel empty.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy View Post
    ^Also: LMAO @ "Zombie isn't a rockstar".
    You can LYAO all you want, but Rob Zombie is NOT a rock star the way Manson is. I love both of them, but MM is the same guy offstage as he is onstage - in the vein of Jim Morrison, etc - where RZ is putting on monster makeup and has big robots. If you don't see the difference, I'm not going to waste time explaining it to you.

Quote Originally Posted by celebricontrarian View Post
    You can LYAO all you want, but Rob Zombie is NOT a rock star the way Manson is. I love both of them, but MM is the same guy offstage as he is onstage - in the vein of Jim Morrison, etc - where RZ is putting on monster makeup and has big robots. If you don't see the difference, I'm not going to waste time explaining it to you.

I think you don't quite understand the definition of the term "rock star".

Is there a definitive definition of "rock star"?

I know the difference between a rock star and a rock act.