Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: [074]: Oct 17 2012 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, New York, USA

Quote Originally Posted by omgsamantha View Post
    That's cool. It'll be worth it! I hope he comes back to tour next year though. I heard there were negotiations...
    Yep I heard too. That's what I'm going to try to find out from him at the meet and greet!!

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicalshdws View Post
    Yep I heard too. That's what I'm going to try to find out from him at the meet and greet!!
    Great idea! Please do!

Follow Lillith On Twitter Follow Lillith on Tumblr Visit Lillith's Instagram Channel

Last edited by Lillith; 10-14-2012 at 09:15 PM.
    I gave Marilyn Manson AIDS.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

altered this for fun-

Been waiting in line since the morning with FeedYourHead & Lilith and already ran into redtastessweet, Gina, and a buncha other cool cats and distributed a ton of flyers, so that's been lotsa fun. Kinda dissappointed with the venue's management of the line, though. All afternoon it's been MOVE-HERE-NOW-MOVE-THERE-NOW-MOVE-BACK- HERE musical chairs bullshit and shuffling us in such a way as to all but ENSURE that people who got here last get in ahead of everyone who's been shivering outside all day. Plus, if your tix or passes are at Will Call you have to wait in the MAIN line before THEN waiting in the Will Call line afterward while everyone else goes and grabs the rail before you. FUCKING BULLSHIT. You'd THINK such a prestigious venue on a major street of one of the biggest cities of the world would have gotten their shit together about this SIMPLEST of issues LONG ago. And you would be DEAD WRONG. Like me. :-/

ended up going at the last minute and got there early enough to see Starscream's set (which was great). bailed a bit early on Zombie's set to beat the rush out the door. as for Manson, it was the same 14-song setlist that's been posted a bunch:

(this isn't the correct order - I just grouped them by album)

Hey Cruel World
    No Reflection
    Slo-Mo-Tion
    Personal Jesus
    Mobscene
    Disposable Teens
    The Love Song
    King Kill 33
    The Dope Show
    Rock is Dead
    Coma White
    Antichrist Superstar
    The Beautiful People
    Sweet Dreams

I mean, they sounded pretty good but there are moments where Marilyn Manson sounds a whole lot like a bunch of guys covering Marilyn Manson songs. And what shocked me was how Zombie completely blew them off the stage. Not even in the same league...and I'm not a fan of Rob Zombie, but they've got a power and energy now that Manson used to have - have to feel Ginger and John have a lot to do with that. One thing I will say in Manson's defense is that his set was balanced terribly, something that has been known to happen at Hammerstein. Sadly, Manson isn't in good shape and he's now resorted to babbling during songs, too. Most of the time I had no idea what he was talking about and didn't feel like I was missing anything. So, yeah, meh.

Also, I hate to be this guy but the older material smokes the newer stuff.

^ Three months makes such a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Manichaeist View Post

I mean, they sounded pretty good but there are moments where Marilyn Manson sounds a whole lot like a bunch of guys covering Marilyn Manson songs. And what shocked me was how Zombie completely blew them off the stage. Not even in the same league...and I'm not a fan of Rob Zombie, but they've got a power and energy now that Manson used to have - have to feel Ginger and John have a lot to do with that. One thing I will say in Manson's defense is that his set was balanced terribly, something that has been known to happen at Hammerstein. Sadly, Manson isn't in good shape and he's now resorted to babbling during songs, too. Most of the time I had no idea what he was talking about and didn't feel like I was missing anything. So, yeah, meh.

Also, I hate to be this guy but the older material smokes the newer stuff.

Just wanted to make some comments in defense of Rob Zombie (even though I know you were speaking good things about him)

I've been going to every single Zombie show that hits my town since 2001 (and on a few occasions, have traveled to see him in different states as well) and I even have bootlegs from stuff before 2001 and White Zombie. I've been a fan for a long long time. I can say 100% that he has ALWAYS had an amazing energy and power and it has nothing to do with John 5 or Ginger Fish. I've been seeing him long before they entered the band. It's really all about Rob. He just commands the audience's attention and dominates the stage. Always has.

And the other thing I wanted to say was that if any of you have been watching Zombie's tweets today, apparently the NY stage wasn't even big enough to hold most of his shit, so he said he would unfortunately have to do a stripped down set with about 50% of his normal theatrics.

So, what you said about Rob should be thought of as a HUGE compliment, as you didn't even get the full show, and apparently, as you put it, he still blew Manson away.

I went to a couple Twins of Evil shows and I can't really comment on that. I'm a huge fan of both bands and I think they just brought completely different weapons. They were both highly entertaining and were very different from each other. This has been Manson's best stage show since the Grotesk Burlesk. It seems like Manson is just having more fun with his shows these days and not taking it as seriously....but on the other hand, Zombie really has fun with it and doesn't really take himself too seriously either...he likes to make it like a big zombie party....so, that really cannot be used as an example of one being superior to another.

Wish I could have seen Manson in the 90s, but all I have is footage to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    I can say 100% that he has ALWAYS had an amazing energy and power and it has nothing to do with John 5 or Ginger Fish. I've been seeing him long before they entered the band. It's really all about Rob. He just commands the audience's attention and dominates the stage. Always has.
    hey, what I was trying to say (and perhaps did a poor job of expressing) was that the lack of Ginger and John in Manson accounted for the relative thinness of their sound this evening. when you hear what those guys bring to Rob Zombie's band and put them up against Twiggy and Jason Whathisface, it's almost like pros taking on minor leaguers.

These last few posts should get to Manson, get him to set some fire into his veins. He can't do these shows in relaxed mode.
    This is a rock show!