Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112

Thread: [085]: Oct 31 2012 - Verizon Wireless Theatre - Dallas, Texas, USA

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Great videos Haz! Thanks for sharing them.

Hopefully I will get my videos and clips up soon for the AZ show at the start of the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    ^I don't know why you insist on that huge font thing you do, but cool shots. I know these are teasers, so looking forward to more.

Btw, It's still doing that right-sided panning thing discussed in the other thread. The left-side is completely muffled out.
    Likewise, I don't know why some people insist on even mentioning "that huge font thing" I do, but thanks for the the feedback.

I'd think it's fairly obvious that I just like keeping my posts neat and tidy and presented clearly, and that includes the formatting of the post as well as its actual content, of course. I've been trolled pretty hard for it on another message board before and I just don't see how it's such a bother. To my eyes and mind, there's just something very pleasing about an embedded video being centered in the middle of a page above a centered signature image and below a centered bit of "headline" information which is boldfaced and presented in a larger font to catch the casual viewer's eye and to indicate quickly and effectively exactly what's being presented below.

As stylistic choices go, it's a rational, sensible, well-considered and well-intentioned approach at least, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Pretty sure there's some damned fine audio which has yet to surface from this show, btw.
    So...as Terrapin reiterated and Dorothy helpfully pointed out elsewhere, it turns out that there IS some kind of technical difficulty with the audio in some of my most recent recordings. While some people just hear a bit of muddiness in an otherwise perfectly listenable Left Speaker Channel of my stereo audio for the videos, others are reporting that there's basically NO Left Speaker Channel whatsoever.

I've done some troubleshooting and it doesn't seem to be a problem with the RCA camcorder outputs, the DVD burner inputs or settings, or the DVD ripping/uploading process, so I'm pretty much left to conclude that my stereo mic's Left Channel got screwed up somewhere along the way throughout my many wayward travels in the past month. Hard to believe considering the plush luxuries and relaxed comforts of a million Greyhound buses and mosh pits, lol.

But anyway...another one bites the dust! Thankfully, the audio it DID capture for the last few shows I filmed before my mic (half-) broke is still eminently listenable. At some point I'll go back and just scrap the left channel and double the right to make it a better mono recording or something but in the meantime I hope it doesn't detract from the listening experience too much. It IS all about the music, after all! Just crank your speakers or tweak your balance or do whatever you've gotta do and ROCK THE FUCK OUT, right?

PERSONAL JESUS
    Live in Dallas, TX
    10/31/12

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Great vids Haz! Thanks for sharing, always dig your from the trenches reporting

Muddy Knees

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Likewise, I don't know why some people insist on even mentioning "that huge font thing" I do, but thanks for the the feedback.

I'd think it's fairly obvious that I just like keeping my posts neat and tidy and presented clearly, and that includes the formatting of the post as well as its actual content, of course. I've been trolled pretty hard for it on another message board before and I just don't see how it's such a bother. To my eyes and mind, there's just something very pleasing about an embedded video being centered in the middle of a page above a centered signature image and below a centered bit of "headline" information which is boldfaced and presented in a larger font to catch the casual viewer's eye and to indicate quickly and effectively exactly what's being presented below.

As stylistic choices go, it's a rational, sensible, well-considered and well-intentioned approach at least, I'd say.
    Figured I'd mention it because I have been curious about it in the past. Now that I have an answer, I can see a little more of where you're coming from. I agree with centering everything and labeling it with a heading to look nice and orderly, but find it humorous to be going through a thread and come upon this "OMG LOOK HERE GUYS! CHECK IT OUT! \m/-_-\m/" thing that doesn't make much stylistic sense to me. I've always written it off as just a Hazekiah thing, but figured I'd throw it out there anyway to get your approach. Nice to have more of an idea now. I don't want to make the thread about something so inane, so I'll chalk it up as a differing preferences and me spending too much time online lately.

Nice tip for counteracting that channel-effect in the meantime. A shame the mic is half-broken. As usual, thanks for the work you put into these.

Coma White

I know I'm pretty fucking late here but a lot of shit happened in the days following this concert so I really am only able to get back online long enough to reply, now. The show was amazing. Slo-Mo-Tion and MM playing guitar on it was the huge highlight for me, it was absolutely filthy. Amazing. I think that song fits fucking perfectly. Rob Zombie was great to experience, for sure. My camera died as he came out so I really only got a few pictures. It just left a sour taste in my mouth as he made that remark about how there is no curfew so they could do whatever the fuck they wanted tonight.

Meeting MM and Twiggy was fucking epic. Man, I arrived to the venue from the airport with my luggage in toe and the venue was cool enough to allow me to lock my shit up in their security room. Needless to say, I had very little sleep the 2 days prior but as soon as it was my turn to enter that dark room to meet them, I woke the fuck up. I told Manson how I planned to bus but the "hurricane fucked my plans" and MM then went right into "it fucked you? did it make you say sir or ma'am?" I told him it was my 13th show, he shook my hand and thanked me for coming to all those shows. He asked my name, I said "Dan" and he was like "hurricane dan! No wait, I am re-naming you hurricane dandy! Boom" So, he signed my artbook as "to hurricane dandy..." xD He also thought it was really cool I had the artbook and thanked me for that. Poor Twiggy, I didn't mean to totally ignore him but MM was talking so much it was hard to turn to Twiggy and say anything really. I then told MM I had a little something for him, just something funny. He put his hands out like a little kid and said "is it drugs? Is it candy? Is it drugs that taste like candy?" When I handed him a little Tigger figure, he loved it! He put it into the light so he could see it and was like "tigga!" then I gave Twiggy his and they put them together going "tigguhhh! tigguh!" I forget what I said to Twiggy but he was like "cool" and thanked me for coming out.

It wasn't rushed at all, it was great. Then back in line waiting for pics and when I went back up, MM was like "its hurricane dandy!" Then he was like "this is the guy that comes to all the shows!" Which I was thinking...I haven't been to that many. I told him it was my 13th 'cause it was and because the whole unlucky factor. Anyway, we were taking the pics and MM just talks the whole time so its hard to concentrate. He's one funny bastard. I was talking to him after the pics, he shook my hand a few more times. Then, I said "you should do more shows...just less with Zombie" and he was like "YES!! YES! YES!! I love how you said that, BOOM! I will of course. I agree!" I was like "see, I said it and you just agreed so you can't get in trouble." And he was like "yes, I will definitely be doing that." then he shook my hand a few more times because he liked what I said, then I was on my way.

BTW.,

Did anyone else see the new double cross MM hat? Manson has all his ring crew wearing them. Anyway, I went up to the merch booth right when I got there, saw the hat, bought it immediately. The merch guy was like "I think this is the only one" but then he found a medium, so I bought that. I bring it up now because after the show, after meeting MM, one of his crew members...Ryan I think? He was like "hey dude, where did you get that hat from?" And I said I bought it at merch and he's like "shit, they are sellling them? They're not supposed to be...at least I don't think they are. Thanks, I'll look into that."

So, does anyone know if they are still selling the hats? Would be cool if it was some sort of mistake. Its a sweet military hat and says "Marilyn Manson" on the back.

=)

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Muddy Knees

Ha sounds like an kickass experience, Tigger. This was a great read. Glad you had a blast. This is the first time I've heard about these helmets, so hopefully you came away with a rarity. Show pics, please. Thanks for sharing.

^ They're not helmets, just military-style caps similar to the ones NIN and Manson have sold in the past. If you look closely, he's talking about the exact same caps worn by crewmembers standing beside the podium during "Antichrist Superstar," if that helps.

And, no, I haven't seen those sold at any of the Twins of Evil shows yet, btw. Ryan's on top of that stuff so it was probably just a mix-up between the freight boxes for the shipping of band merch. and crew wardrobe since both sets are made by Bravado, I believe. Teh Tiggz = LUCKY!!!

Speaking of which, it was awesome to see you again, Tigger...be it ever so briefly. Sorry I didn't get to socialize more but between negotiating various tiers of security, affixing my mask, and distributing PM flyers I was pretty damned busy during the GT line-up, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    I agree with centering everything and labeling it with a heading to look nice and orderly, but find it humorous to be going through a thread and come upon this "OMG LOOK HERE GUYS! CHECK IT OUT! \m/-_-\m/" thing that doesn't make much stylistic sense to me. I've always written it off as just a Hazekiah thing, but figured I'd throw it out there anyway to get your approach. Nice to have more of an idea now. I don't want to make the thread about something so inane, so I'll chalk it up as a differing preferences and me spending too much time online lately.

Nice tip for counteracting that channel-effect in the meantime. A shame the mic is half-broken. As usual, thanks for the work you put into these.
    Well, YEAH. If you put it in quotation marks it just looks silly...far be it from ME to do such a thing!

;)

Also, if anyone's got a BURNING desire to hear my videos-with-imbalanced-audio in headphones then it might also be worth buying a stereo-to-mono headphone jack adapter at Radio Shack or wherever to make it a less annoying experience.

They're just a buck or two and look like this:

It's the single black band at the tip which indicates MONO output (as opposed to two bands for stereo) and it pretty much solves everything. I'll try and get things sorted by duping the Right Channel in place of the so-so Left Channel eventually, but in the meantime it's a cheap and easy solution for anyone who cares to bother with it.

Plus, they're just handy to have around the house anyway if you're an audiophile and/or gearhead.

:)
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 11-16-2012 at 09:12 AM.