Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [093]: Nov 27 2012 - M E N Arena - Manchester, England, UK

He seems to like the venue; when I met him in 2001 he said the Manchester show was one of the best he'd ever done. Probably is at least partly due to the layout of the place.

You'd think with all that jumping around every night he'd lose some weight... No offense intended.
    On a good note, his vocals are amazing, his performance is amazing... It's a shame nobody's interested in bootlegs of quality anymore. Remember when people would bring a tape recorder with a microphone or something to shows? When bootlegs actually sounded good? Now everybody brings their cell phones... I really want to see Manson live when he comes to the West Coast or when I get enough money to fly somewhere else and bring a fantastic microphone and a fantastic recording device... I guess the artists get more money for live releases they put out, but Manson hasn't put out one of those for what, 12 years?

EDIT: Wow, I really use "..." to much, don't I...
    Last edited by The Wax Gentleman; 11-28-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

/\
    Do it, bro. I want. You have my emotional support.

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

FUCKING. AMAZING. SHOW. I screamed my lungs out during every song and jumped like a retarded, I even lost my voice hahaha, but it was all worth

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Sorry for the double post. The only picture I took and it turned out pretty cool!

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

^ that's a fucking brilliant photo! Thanks for sharing that.

I've put some pics on our FB. Will be putting up some Birmingham stuff tomorrow.
    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...2339770&type=1

Muddy Knees

Hey, Cruel World/Disposable Teens

Disposable Teens

Love Song

mOBSCENE

Dope Show

Slo-Mo-Tion

Rock Is Dead

Personal Jesus

The Beautiful People

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Here's a good review from Manchester. I thought he interacted with the crowd more at this show, they totally didn't mention about him spending a good amount of time reaching for people's phones through Personal Jesus and then getting one, walking round the stage with it and then tossing it back.

Having spent many years complaining about being public scapegoat number one for a wide range of random atrocities, it ought to make a nice change to be a family favourite. And there was always something endearingly vulnerable about him, the white face and eyestripe not the mark of a monster but rather the sign of the perpetual outsider – condemned to unjust vilification for the crimes of others. You’d think he’d be pleased.

He didn’t look pleased however and there was precious little of the vulnerable Manson on show at the MEN. He seemed to be taking the ‘Twins of Evil’ tag pretty literally and the set list was packed with his loudest and most abrasive material, opening with “Hey Cruel World”, “Disposable Teens” and “Love Song” and closing with “Antichrist Superstar” and “Beautiful People”, taking in “mOBSCENE” and “Rock Is Dead” along the way. Each song was dispatched with relish, allowed to scream for a while before being finished off with a stake through its heart; Manson’s voice was in fine fettle, hysterical one moment, menacing the next. There were, of course, lots of costume changes, several feather boas in a variety of colours and some fantastic light effects but Manson himself seemed somewhat distant; he engaged only occasionally with the audience, throwing a few angular shapes with the microphone stand and issuing a few booming obscenities.

The audience screamed and punched the air during the rocking out numbers but their biggest reaction was reserved for the two cover versions that made up the middle part of the show, Depeche Mode’s “Personal Jesus: and the Eurhythmics’ “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)”. For these songs Manson allowed the decibel level to drop just a little and it was here that he made best use of the deeper end of his vocal range, the sly and insinuatingly wicked vocal stylings which have always been a feature of his recordings, but which feature less in his live performances. He ruthlessly dissected these small innocent songs and reassembled their still quivering parts into gothic inversions of themselves, teasing dark nuances from the lyric with irresistible relish, investing them with a menace that their authors surely never envisaged.

Manson has always been a master of image manipulation and there was plenty of that in evidence on stage – his guitar is equipped with a laser rifle sight which he played on the audience during “Slo-Mo-Tion”, inverted American flags featured widely, the stars replaced by a jagged fascistic arrow, and during “Sweet Dreams” a single lamp in a circular shade was lowered from the roof to hang just above Manson’s head evoking countless movie scenes of torture and interrogation, but at times the whole symbolic edifice seemed somewhat random and top heavy – particularly when two crew members manhandled a distinctly wobbly looking barbed wire tinseled pulpit onto the stage for Manson to mount and declaim “King Kill 33” Nuremberg Rally-style. One began to suspect that perhaps Manson had taken his reputation for evil just a little too seriously – and recent events in the U.K. have shown that we can create plenty of evil of our own thank you, and it is more likely to be wearing a track suit and smoking a big cigar than sporting a gimp mask and red leather elbow gloves.
    http://www.qromag.com/reviews/concer...arilyn-manson/

The part at the end about our own evil in the UK is that we had a guy here called Jimmy Savile who did TV shows and had access to lots of kids. He died last year, and now it's all coming out like 30 years later or something that all these kids were touched up by him etc. and he had been getting away with it for years.

It's nice to see a favourable review, there aren't a lot of those swimming around right now.

"...at times the whole symbolic edifice seemed somewhat random and top heavy..."

^ Hahaha, good thing Rob Zombie's props and costumes and sets all had deep meaning to them and weren't random or didn't make any sense.