Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: [093]: Nov 27 2012 - M E N Arena - Manchester, England, UK

Muddy Knees

Well-written review. I don't agree with all of the reviewer's points, seeing as Manson's set seems much more cohesive now than when he started off, but I also don't expect them to look too far into these things either. The reviewer invoked a lot of imagery which works well with what Manson is trying to do here. Good read.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Here's my video of Hey, Cruel World... audio didn't come out that great on it. Sounds ok, but it's nothing like being there. Be sure to select HD because the picture quality is quite good.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Finally had some time to sit down and finish writing about this show...

Went for VIP at this show, was a bit of a bastard it changed to after show, but we stayed and just drove straight home, 30 mins sleep and then off to work. But all fucking worth it!!

Met up with Tinuviel (also now known as Heidi, because that's what my sister called her and it just stuck all night) who was also doing the VIP, so we hung around with her waiting for the early entry. Got talking to some other MM fans who aren't members of the module, maybe they might join. Forgot my quick mini flyer/cards I made to hand out to some people, but then I found I had some in the back of my wallet, so I was able to give some out, my sister randomly went to people in VIP and handed them cards too for the site.

Managed to say hello to Dave 303 after the show, he was on his way out at the end. It's always great to meet up with regular/long term members of the online MM community.

Some people there were dressed really cool, some people as Manson, a pair as Manson and Twiggy ACSS era, they looked great!

Went in early, although the early entry was at the scheduled time of doors to open anyway, but they let wrist bands in first so for those wanting to get to the front, they managed to do that.

Checked out the MM merch and grabbed to the ACSS shock logo shirt.

Daniel P Carter did his DJ set to open the show, never seen a DJ open a show like that before so it was a bit random to me but I thought it was good. I listen to his rock show on Radio 1, and at the VIP after the show he was just hanging around there so I went and said a quick hello to him as well. Total bonus to be able to meet him.

So MARILYN MANSON!
    From start to finish it was a solid performance all round, like I said on the other page his vocals sounded really strong to me! Who know's how it will sound on digital camera's and stuff, but I was fucking there and I thought it was great. I did record some videos, but haven't checked out how the sound came out on it (since I wrote this I uploaded HCW, see above). The whole band put on a great performance, can't really fault anything.

Noticed that his stage helpers before Personal Jesus with the wobbly mirror had caps on which looked like red double crosses on the front... made me wonder why they're not available on the merch stands. I would totally buy one!

Manson tried his hardest to get someone's phone during Personal Jesus, he was reaching, pointing and reaching and making gestures to pass him the phone, in the end he just stuck his finger up at them and moved across the stage, but then went back and picked out someone else who did pass him their phone and he walked around the stage singing with the phone up to his head, pretty funny stuff, then he tossed it back from the looks of it... lol. I have that all on video.

I think the guitar Manson had for Slo-Mo-Tion had a gun lazer thing on the end of it. He's been pointing the guitar out like a gun for a while now, but seeing him do it at London in July and Arizona in September, never noticed that on the end before.

I thought the stage looked great when the curtain dropped with the double cross already hanging down. When I saw the show in Arizona, the cross only came down at the start of The Love Song. I prefer having it down for longer, especially that first reveal of the stage.

The stage lighting was better/different at this show than Arizona too, just some slight differences I think, but a big difference was No Reflection. I think I posted in the AZ thread that the stage was really dark for NR and you couldn't see much going on, so much better to see some better lights going for that song.

He wore the three headed mask for Sweet Dreams, not sure if that's the first time I've seen him use that at a show I've been too, thought it was great anyway.

Coma White was really good, so pleased they performed that in the way they have been doing. Probably my favourite part of the show.

To compare last nights show with the very first TOE show, it's just gotten even better as it's developed over the shows.

Rob Zombie put on a good show too, was pleased they added Sick Bubblegum to their set list which was absent when I saw them in AZ.

The Meet and Greet was awesome, so pleased I stayed for that and we met back up with Tinuviel whilst in the queue. I took my Mechanical Animals original LP sleeve to be signed, I started talking to Manson and then he noticed a tie I designed for wearing to these shows. You've probably seen it already now in the meet and greet photos. As soon as he saw it he wanted the tie from me and said he would wear it every night, I told him he could have it and took it off and handed it to him which he then wore for the rest of the night. He said he wanted to fight me for it because he never thought of it lol.

I was going to get my MA vinyl signed to me, but with MM seeing the tie the conversation just totally changed to that, so he signed it AIDS with a shock logo S the same as my tie.
    He then called me "Captain Aids" when it came to taking the photographs. So it was a really great experience, getting such a cool reaction out of MM was awesome. I enjoy the music he puts out, I enjoy the shows, interviews or whatever it might be, so for him to enjoy something I made even if it was just something simple, it was great!

Muddy Knees

Full-size versions of these photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/fishlogic/

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

wow, awesome photos! I love the big red double cross, such a great thing to see when that curtain drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Here's my video of Hey, Cruel World... audio didn't come out that great on it. Sounds ok, but it's nothing like being there. Be sure to select HD because the picture quality is quite good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsQFod-5P2w
    You were really far away from the stage...

Anyway - I've posted briefly about it, but here goes (more of the same). It was a fucking great show. Whether it was because Manson likes Manchester, or the audience was closer to the stage, the place had the right amount of space/crowd, which helps when Manson is in good shape.

I met Heatherquick at the entrance of the show, which was great, but I lost her as soon as the doors opened...
    In any case, this was probably the best of the 3shows of Manson in England (and this, despite the show in London being equally great), as his performance was just awesome.

Btw, I remember that situation of the phone. He was asking it to the guy almost next to me, but he was really insisting. Since the dude didn't send him the phone, he showed him the finger. He then went and managed to get another one from someone else later in the show, and he just threw it in the end to the crowd...

Btw, and this wasn't my imagination - Manson was telling plenty of times to the camera guy to record the audience/audience reaction to the show. I haven't noticed that guy really filming a lot of the audience, but Manson really seemed to want him to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    The Meet and Greet was awesome, so pleased I stayed for that and we met back up with Tinuviel whilst in the queue. I took my Mechanical Animals original LP sleeve to be signed, I started talking to Manson and then he noticed a tie I designed for wearing to these shows. You've probably seen it already now in the meet and greet photos. As soon as he saw it he wanted the tie from me and said he would wear it every night, I told him he could have it and took it off and handed it to him which he then wore for the rest of the night. He said he wanted to fight me for it because he never thought of it lol.

I was going to get my MA vinyl signed to me, but with MM seeing the tie the conversation just totally changed to that, so he signed it AIDS with a shock logo S the same as my tie.
    He then called me "Captain Aids" when it came to taking the photographs. So it was a really great experience, getting such a cool reaction out of MM was awesome. I enjoy the music he puts out, I enjoy the shows, interviews or whatever it might be, so for him to enjoy something I made even if it was just something simple, it was great!
    OMG, that was totally awesome. So that was the tie used by him during PJ in Birmingham... Nice one
    (I now wish I had that idea before as well...)

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Full video of this show is now available in the Provider Module Theatre.

http://www.providermodule.com/marily...news&fn_id=503

http://www.providermodule.com/theatre/