Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [099]: Dec 05 2012 - Hovet - Stockholm, Sweden

Hey who is attending! PM me, I am gonna be there with my lil sis, we could meet, would be fun!

And maybe someone knows whats the best/quickest way to get from/to Stockholm center to the venue?

I sent you a pm. For everyone else who doesn't know how to get to the venue from the central station: Find the subway! Then take the green line to Hagsätra. The station you have to get off is called Globen. That's like a 10 minutes long ride. Hovet is right next to the Globen-arena so just ask people for the right way. It's really easy to find!! (check att sl.se for subway-times, it goes every 10 or every 5 minutes, depending if it's rush hour or not).

Thank you very much indeed! Will check my pm box

I'm so excited! I can't believe that I'm going to meet Marilyn Manson and that he's finally playing in Stockholm again. Tomorrow, woooohoooo! By the way, all of you coming from outside Stockholm (or even Sweden), we have a weather-warning (class 2) here (for the Stockholm area): it's going to snow heavely with about 50 cm new snow and it's going to storm. So try to get on the road early. Last time we had this no subways or busses were going for a few days. So be prepared. Class 2 means that there will be major disruptions of the infrastructure (highways and public transport). Of course this is happening on the day Manson is playing. It's going to be really cold too. But whatever, we are going to see Manson. yeah!

We had a freaking blizzard in Stockholm yesterday! It was terrible, almost all public transportation was down, highways were closed, all flights and trains were cancelled. It was thell! But many people still made it to the show which was quite surprising. Rob Zombie called us "dedicated motherfuckers". Haha. They had actually considered cancelling the concet. I'm glad they didn't.

Well, my boyfriend and I got stuck on the highway on the way to the venue. That was so stressfull because we had VIP-tickets. We basically arrived two hours late. But they had already counted in that many people would be late so they waited a bit with the meet and greet. We had just arrived and two minutes later we were standing in line for getting our things signed by Manson. He was quiet but friendly. I got the MA-cover and a photo of him and me from 2002 signed. He looked at the picture and said: "That's us!". We chatted a bit about our last meeting and then he shook my hand. Then we had to stand in line for getting the picture taken. Everything happened really quickly but it didn't feel rushed. We were around 40 people. After that we were allowed to stay in the backstage area (again: blizzard outside!) and wait for being let to the venue. It was a long wait (like two hours) but we got water and frequent updates on what was going to happen. I have already received my photos with Manson, I'll post them in the appropriate thread.

We were allowed in the venue about 20 minutes before everyone else. So I stood in the first row, right in front of Manson. The music played before the show was really lame and made time almost go slower. Manson came on stage at around 8 p.m.. There were no changes in the setlist so I don't really need to list all the songs. I was surprised that Manson's voice was so good, he hasn't sounded that good since the HW-era. He was his typical arrogant self and seemed a bit pissed off. I don't know how many times he angrily threw the microphone on the ground (poor guy that had to run around in the dark to look for the mic). There wasn't much interaction between Manson and Twiggy. Twiggy was actually really withdrawn and didn't show much enthusiasm. The crowd of course mostly reacted to the "big hits" but I loved "Coma White" the most (although the fake snow (hadn't we had enough snow already!?!) messed up my hair and make-up). I also loved the table with the naked woman during "No reflection", he touched her vagina, he tried to stab her with his mic and strangled her. It was a powerful show and I felt like the crowd was really having a good time (lots of teenage girls screaming though). I just would have loved the show to be longer. Oh, and I wish Manson would drop thatt "I have Stockholm Syndrome"-thing, it's really getting old.

After Manson I went out for a smoke and then we sat down (there were a few empty seats, I guess people didn't make it due to the weather). Rob Zombie was really great. I'm not a fan of his music but his show is fantastic. Even as a Marilyn Manson-fan I must admit that Rob Zombie gave more that night, he was interacting with the crowd and seemed to have a really good time. And wow, John 5 was amazing, he really fits that band. I loved the show and especially all the props.

So it was worth getting out in that freaking blizzard. I hope everyone else had a great time as well. I have taken some picture, with a shitty camera. Some photos turned out okay though so I'll post them here later.

Oh, and by the way, Manson was out partying the night before, at Pub Anchor (a rock/metal pub) and he actually did some karaoke :P

edit: just saw that it was already posted in the news section .. oh well ... sorry

Full show : )

Add Swede on Facebook

That's amazing. Thanx for recording it.

Oh my ... I didn't know that you could upload 1 hour long videos on youtube! Thank you so much mechanim! Amazing!
    (I'll still post my photos later ..)