Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Departure and Return of Twiggy - Your feelings.

Around the time of LWF, my dad was a fan and took me to my first concert. He bought me Lest We Forget and would always let me play Manson in the car. I didn't really care about the other members of the band, but I was fond of Twiggy because I loved his style. The dress and dreads were pretty awesome. I didn't truly care about his absence from the band until Eat Me, Drink Me came out. It felt less like a band, just Skold and Manson. I felt like I missed out on Marilyn Manson the band because my favorite line-up was the MA-HW one.

When I read that Twiggy was back in the band, I was so happy to be a Marilyn Manson fan. No one thought that would ever seriously happen, and it was hard for me to believe it. I finally did when I saw them live on ROTW tour in '08, which was the best Manson concert I've ever been to so far (5 total). With Twiggy back, I was expecting a lot more than what we got (THEOL), but Born Villain is great and I'm really happy Twiggy and Manson are making music together again. The current line-up is amazing too.
    Last edited by sayyosin; 07-24-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Twiggy coming back was the greatest thing that I got to witness as a Manson fan. I loved the band and music just as much as I do now, but having Twiggy back just feels like it was the right call to make. No offense to Skold, but I'd rather have Twigs. 100%.

I read "Departure and rectum of twiggy"...

And well I like every album from Portrait to Born Villain, but all in different ways so... I have no certain feelings, really. It's nice I guess.

I like Twiggy and I like some of his contributions. I prefer him on bass though. As far as him returning to the band - it didn't magically make the "band" as awesome as they once were in 90's (which some people seemed to think it would). It sort of proved that every member of the band Marilyn Manson was important. It's not just about Twiggy and Manson. The drums, keyboard, guitar, all of it played a huge part in the band's sound.

When I listen to MA I hear a bad ass band that is creative and not afraid to take risks. When I listen to BV I hear an okay duo that is more interested in nostalgia and sounding heavy than they are in making something new and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    I like Twiggy and I like some of his contributions. I prefer him on bass though. As far as him returning to the band - it didn't magically make the "band" as awesome as they once were in 90's (which some people seemed to think it would). It sort of proved that every member of the band Marilyn Manson was important. It's not just about Twiggy and Manson. The drums, keyboard, guitar, all of it played a huge part in the band's sound.

When I listen to MA I hear a bad ass band that is creative and not afraid to take risks. When I listen to BV I hear an okay duo that is more interested in nostalgia and sounding heavy than they are in making something new and exciting.
    Interesting point. I was actually one of those people who thought the band would sound magically awesome again with Twiggy return. I agree with your sentiments on Born Villain aside from the fact that the album sounds heavy - 'Hey. Cruel World' and 'Murderers' are the only real heavy tracks on the album in my opinion. The honeymoon period I had with 'Born Villain' is well over and I'm not overly fond of the album but I definitely think it was a step in the right direction.

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar
    Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

I didn't become a fan until 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge Inferno View Post
    ... Is there anything else you'd like to say on the topic, Dirge?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirge Inferno View Post
    Still earlier than me. 2010.

I was six years old, learning how to fucking write, when you became a fan.

Omniscient Iniquitous Dirge Inferno's Avatar
    Follow Dirge Inferno On Twitter Add Dirge Inferno on Facebook Follow Dirge Inferno on Tumblr Visit Dirge Inferno's Youtube Channel Visit Dirge Inferno's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kollaps View Post
    ... Is there anything else you'd like to say on the topic, Dirge?
    No, I have nothing else to say. I just saw that people were talking about when they first became fans, so I told them.

Original AIDS provider.

When people talk about the whole guitar or bass thing, just remember that on ACSS, MA and HW a good chunk of the guitars you hear on each album is actually Twiggy playing.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna