Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 'The Flowers Of Evil'

Has anyone ever read "The Shack" ? When I read that book, a couple years ago, and then when I heard this album, songs like "The Gardener" and "The Flowers of Evil".. in the book, there is references to gardening, when this guy was looking for this little girl who was killed by drowning in a lake after being pushed out of a boat by her sister. (If I'm recalling right.) Anyway, when he gets a note in the mailbox from the mysterious, he goes on a trip into the woods in the winter, and comes to a shack that transformed into a perfect cabin, 3 people were inside- who were these people? God, Jesus, and someone else (a fat black lady to be exact), well, he goes out and helps Jesus with gardening and the whole time, he's asking a lot of questions. Jesus says things like "I'm not a christian, are you?" ...when I was reading this book, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself.
    It was a really good read if anything. The thing I'm trying to say, it almost sounds as if Manson had read this book at one point in time, and the book is really fucking popular, and it seems as if he took some inspirations from it in his spare time- but then took all of his old roots from the 90's and threw it in as well. (putting his own spin on it). I mean, I know this would be the most random kind of shit- but the thought crossed my mind- on a deeper level actually. I'm not a religious nut myself, as I am living just fine without it. I've already felt my mind in space, (and not just from smokin weed either..god that's been over a fucking year now.../ahem.) But uh, yeah.. if any of you get a chance, give that book a read...you'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueEyeLens View Post
    Has anyone ever read "The Shack" ? When I read that book, a couple years ago, and then when I heard this album, songs like "The Gardener" and "The Flowers of Evil".. in the book, there is references to gardening, when this guy was looking for this little girl who was killed by drowning in a lake after being pushed out of a boat by her sister. (If I'm recalling right.) Anyway, when he gets a note in the mailbox from the mysterious, he goes on a trip into the woods in the winter, and comes to a shack that transformed into a perfect cabin, 3 people were inside- who were these people? God, Jesus, and someone else (a fat black lady to be exact), well, he goes out and helps Jesus with gardening and the whole time, he's asking a lot of questions. Jesus says things like "I'm not a christian, are you?" ...when I was reading this book, I couldn't help but chuckle to myself.
    It was a really good read if anything. The thing I'm trying to say, it almost sounds as if Manson had read this book at one point in time, and the book is really fucking popular, and it seems as if he took some inspirations from it in his spare time- but then took all of his old roots from the 90's and threw it in as well. (putting his own spin on it). I mean, I know this would be the most random kind of shit- but the thought crossed my mind- on a deeper level actually. I'm not a religious nut myself, as I am living just fine without it. I've already felt my mind in space, (and not just from smokin weed either..god that's been over a fucking year now.../ahem.) But uh, yeah.. if any of you get a chance, give that book a read...you'll see what I mean.
    What?

Quote Originally Posted by brian219 View Post
    What?
    Get the book. Then read the lyrics to the songs. Just check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wax Gentleman View Post
    I've read a lot of the poems from "Le Fleurs Du Mal" after Manson started talking about Baudelaire. There are certainly some very moving pieces, I like it a lot.
    I can certainly see Manson in this moving work of art. Now I wonder when he first read it.
    I owe Manson for the gift of having read this. It is everything!

Hallelujah motherfuckers thatrussianman's Avatar

To preface this and all other Born Villain lyrics discussions, the infamous Steve Coy has publicy said that both he and Manson had poured hours into the lyrics on the website, and they are there as he intended them to be.
    So, regarding the lyrics to Flowers of Evil:

"Your BODY'S on me
    like sleepless spiders.
    Your touch is so empty
    Your touch is so empty
    Your BODIES on me like
    sleepless spiders.
    Your touch is so empty"
    Your touch is so empty
    Your touch is so empty
    Your touch is so empty

I have read every Manson lyric (ever) and I have never found an instance where Manson used the wrong spelling of a word to be "witty." What do you think this means?

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

First one is singular, and it's not a possessive but the combined "body is" where the second is plural (multiple subjects?).

Hallelujah motherfuckers thatrussianman's Avatar

Well a body on top of a person would imply sex ... but bodies on top of a person would imply being buried under corpses ... huh, interesting wordplay.

Hi, friend BreakingYourMomsOldMound's Avatar

Default Rape? Sure.

"Call me necro-feel-ya."

Shakespeare used the word "die" to mean climax sexually. "I will live in thine heart/die in thine lap/be buried in thine eyes." Manson has the same idea here. It ties in with, "Wanna fight, wanna fuck, wanna die, try your luck." He's pollinating and picking them as they bloom.