Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Ideal Manson Tour Setlist

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Cooking Vinyl distributed BV - they are not in control of the band.

Edit: I've always said I'd always love to see a setlist with tons of lesser known songs, but this setlist is about half bigger radio hits, and the other newer songs or older deep cuts. Also, not everyone really know songs like Love Song, King Kill, ACSS and Coma White. Most of MM's songs that have gone to radio or had music videos just happen to be really iconic songs and proven staples for a live environment. Fans who hang out on a fansite, talking with other fans can go on and dream up our own setlists - but it doesn't mean it would go over any better with a general live crowd. We are not the majority, although I'm always excited but new songs, or rarer songs being brushed off life. I just think at a certain point you can't become fixed on some idea of what you think it should versus what it is. You just need to go and rock the fuck out.

So lap it up even if it sucks, Cringeon?

The setlist is shit and it isn't an absurd idea that Cooking Viny may have had something to do with it although if that were the case you'd think there would be a lot more Born Villain songs played because that is what would benefit Cooking Vinyl, not the oldhits which the previous label still has rights over.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Shows have been fucking awesome, fans on both sides having a blast - and even a song I've heard live before doesn't suddenly make it a bad song. Being a jaded bedroom critic doesn't change the fact that people are having fun, and even long time MM fans who haven't been into the last few years are enjoying the show. CV was a partner for BV's release, not a controlling partner in MM as a band - random speculation is just misplaced.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

The set list and the show is perfect for the Twins of Evil tour, because it's a co-headlining tour you've got people going to these shows who maybe aren't fans of Manson, only listen to his hits etc, so it's a good mix to please a mixed up crowd.
    I think MM pointed it out in the Metal Hammer feature that it showcases his career. I've been hearing lots of positive comments from the Zombie fans at the show about the actual performance, the stage design and the songs being played. They're quick to bitch before the show, but afterwards they're having a change of opinion, which is good to hear.
    So from the two shows I went to and the people I was surrounded by it was nothing by good.

It would be good to see some new BV songs get played for the 2013 US tour, but right now I think the set list is great for TOE.

Sorry Cringeon, but a few of the things you said are fairly irrelevant. No one is insinuating that Cooking Vinyl are apart of Marilyn Manson's band and none of us have any idea (as far as I know) as to what was in the contractual agreement between CV and MM so as far as I'm concerned speculating is simply just conversation. I think a good 90% of the shows played post the show where Manson played with The Doors have been really solid, my only qualm is with the set list, I don't see how that is the opinion of someone who is "jaded".

I have to admit that I haven't actually gone to a show since Soundwave although the Vienna show is in a few days. It's just that I thought Lest We Forget was supposed to "sum up his career" - Born Villain is the new album and conciquently it's my opinion that songs should be played live to support it. We all know it's important to have well known songs played but I just think a few less would make the show a lot better, by which I mean one or two more.

At the end of the day, it's Marilyn Manson and his band but I'm really curious to know how Marilyn Manson actually feels about playing the same songs night after night for as long as he has been doing it now because there must be a point where you stop feeling like an artist and more like a show pony for people like Cringeon.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

You see, you can't even hold a conversation without resorting to insults. I've made it plenty clear that I'm all for a changed up setlist, but I'm not turned off by the current one either. There's probably a good half of the current set I'd be perfectly happy with being dropped live and replaced with older cuts and newer songs, but I don't let my opinion on what I would do with a setlist effect my experience of the show that MM the singer and band prepare and perform. This is their beautiful show.

All I've said is that current setlist makes for an amazing concert, not only expressed by me but by the countless others who've been going to these shows. Of course, if you are going to remain focused on that one aspect, you are probably going to have your opinion made up before you get in the door - but that still doesn't make the shows any less awesome because you want the artist to do something else. I call it jaded because you feel so strongly with your opinion of what YOU would do, that whatever the artist does is going to be less and labeled as "phoning it in" because it's the reasons you've created in your head.

As for CV, I'm just stating what I actually do know about that working relationship. They partnered with MM (and more specifically Hell ETC) to release BV. They are not part of the MM management team, nor the TOE tour. They do not have control over how the live shows go, or what markets they play in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    You see, you can't even hold a conversation without resorting to insults. I've made it plenty clear that I'm all for a changed up setlist, but I'm not turned off by the current one either. There's probably a good half of the current set I'd be perfectly happy with being dropped live and replaced with older cuts and newer songs, but I don't let my opinion on what I would do with a setlist effect my experience of the show that MM the singer and band prepare and perform. This is their beautiful show.

All I've said is that current setlist makes for an amazing concert, not only expressed by me but by the countless others who've been going to these shows. Of course, if you are going to remain focused on that one aspect, you are probably going to have your opinion made up before you get in the door - but that still doesn't make the shows any less awesome because you want the artist to do something else. I call it jaded because you feel so strongly with your opinion of what YOU would do, that whatever the artist does is going to be less and labeled as "phoning it in" because it's the reasons you've created in your head.

As for CV, I'm just stating what I actually do know about that working relationship. They partnered with MM (and more specifically Hell ETC) to release BV. They are not part of the MM management team, nor the TOE tour. They do not have control over how the live shows go, or what markets they play in.
    I didn't mean to insult you man but I found the jaded remark to be very unfair. I haven't said the show sucks or that they aren't amazing so you can just calm down. In my opinion the setlist isn't very exciting when the band has such a great back catalogue, it's a bit of a waste. As far as I know, management don't organise setlists where as labels can actually have a say into what is played (so many hits are to be played on the night, etc). To be clear, I am not saying this is happening but it is certainly a possibility.

I feel that you blow up some of the small things that I say and make them out to be something they are not (i.e, Manson bashing) and reply with a bunch of presumptious accusations of being me being delusional. Like I said in the last post, I'm genuinely curious as to why the setlist is the same night after night because it's coming up to a year now that he has been playing the same songs in the same order night after night and you at least have to admit it is a little strange that he would choose to do that when in every tour beforehand the setlist hasn't been so set in stone. It's never been enormously varied but it's the first time it shows have been so relentlessly routine.
    Last edited by 1984; 12-03-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

The current set is from TOE which started two months ago. Though its only been about 7 months if you count the HCW dates. The beginning AUS/Asian dates had a different set. Plus he has a new tour after TOE, so things will keep changing as they always have on his solo shows.

I messaged Twiggy on Facebook about shaking up the setlist a bit. He doesn't seem the type to answer to suggestions put out by fans like that, though. Could somebody ask Manson about the setlist during the Meet and Greets?

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

I thought the Twins of Evil setlist was perfect for this tour. Ideal combination of new songs (Hey, Cruel World..., Slo-Mo-Tion, No Reflection), hit singles, covers and songs that just work well live. The show was to the point and varied and it was obvious why certain songs are still being played live, so he can't just stop playing them.

Now on the 2013 tour, where there's no Rob Zombie crowd and since the shows are smaller with less tickets sold, most of the people are gonna be true Manson fans there, so there's potential to change it up. I think he knows he can't tour the same country a third time with the same setlist.