Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Freaky things on Antichrist Superstar (PLEASE READ)

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

^ *Drops book and stares. HOL EE FUCK.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

What format are you listening to Angel with the Scabbed Wings on? Perhaps your CD is scratched or your mp3 file corrupted.

The first copy of ACSS I owned, I listened to so much that it eventually began to skip in certain places.

Or you could... you know... have the schizophrenia.

In b4 "Empty Sounds of Hate," lulz.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Dv5 View Post
    Another freaky thing about ACSS is that the transition from Hate Anthem to Beautiful People is time travel.
    Even MORE fascinating, I think, is the transition between "Misery Machine," the last song on the band's 1st album, and "Irresponsible Hate Anthem," the 1st song on their 2nd album.

Manson's last non-repeated lyric on Portrait of an American Family is "FUCK IT!!!" and it isn't even in the lyric sheet. And then lo and behold, they build the start of the next album around that very lyric. Pretty cool.

Something ELSE that's SUPERAWESOME that no one ever notices/mentions about this album is that in the middle of "Irresponsible Hate Anthem," Manson actually hocks a loogie!!!

Check it out:

MANSON LOOGIE
    HOCKING/SPITTING
    @ 2:17-19

Which is ALMOST CERTAINLY a holdover from the old SLC-era shows where he debuted the very same song by introducing it with a request that the audience SPIT on him, such as:

Corresponding neatly with the fact that "Irresponsible Hate Anthem" was likewise introduced on the album with the "We hate love, we love hate" chant they probably recorded at a SLC-era show as the intro for "Dogma," such as:

Pretty cool stuff.

Last edited by Hazekiah; 09-01-2012 at 12:59 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow kalim123 On Twitter Follow kalim123 on Tumblr

^ Thanks!

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by kalim123 View Post
    OK, I just want you to tell me if this happens to you too.
    When I first bought the album ACCS and listened to Angel With the Scabbed Wings it would be fine. But when I started listening to it more & more, at the start of the song after "wanna powder his nose" it would be silent. Normally you could faintly hear the bass playing. And then after "rock n roll sores" silence. "rock n roll sores" silence. And then he would say it again and it would go into the chorus and that was fine. The second time he started singing the first part it was fine too. So I just ignored it and thought I must be imagining things and now whenever I listen to that song now sometimes you can hear the bass faintly sometimes you can't. Weird, right? I don't think it's just my ears or my speakers.
    When I listen to it on my iPod you can always hear the bass faintly.
    Anyway, onto another song. This only happens sometimes but its creepy. The song ACCS has an outro, normally where some people are saying "you might as well kill yourself, your already dead" repeatedly. But sometimes, it's some people saying " When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you".

Please tell me if this happens to you and if you know please tell me why. Thanks
    After opening the file in audio editing software, you can see that the left channel during the part of Angel With The Scabbed Wings that you're referring to is actually completely silent between bars (lyric lines/sentences); the right channel contains vocals and bass. So, as some one mentioned already in the thread, odds are that during the times when you don't notice the bass you're most likely either focusing on the left side/ignoring the right, not close enough to speakers/volume isn't high enough to hear it from one channel, or you're wearing ear buds with only the left ear in

Marilyn Manson is an incredibly talented artist, but unfortunately he doesn't have the power to occasionally fuck with your audio source and alter particular aspects of it on the fly. Neither does Satan, and if God does then he's probably not spending his time giving you a super-creepy listening experience when playing Antichrist Svperstar.

On another note, holy hell it's Hazekiah!
    You may not remember me but I used to post on Heirophant (mainly in interpretations/analysis [under the username Stalkz]) and you were always my favorite member to converse with about this subject. I actually joined this board today after reminiscing to my girlfriend about when I was really into heirophant and the eventual completion of NK and the impact it had on my switching habits of discussing these things on a forum to reading them in a more indexed setting; it struck me that I miss being directly involved in the conversation rather than just consuming information on references and reasons in Manson's art and hoped that there was still a community out there with people who were as interested and aware of the subject as Hazekiah; After seeing Babalon closed it dawned on me that ProviderModule is an excellent Manson presence on the web and they more than likely have a forum. I joined, and Lo and behold, here you are! If I was any more of a jockbro I'd totally high five you.

Also, the music video and live performance of the song Antichrist Svperstar always end with "You might as well kill yourself, you're already dead"; the album version (cd, casette, and lp) all end with "When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you" (which is of course repeated during Empty Sounds of Hate and the beginning of Irresponsible Hate Anthem)
    Last edited by LSDXM; 09-01-2012 at 12:25 AM.

10. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Don't be silly, I totally remember you as Stalkz from back when you were a n00b on the 'Phant but jumped right in and started hashing it out with everyone and kicking ass, which I always thought was awesome. And maybe I'm just mixed-up here but wasn't your avatar Eddie Munster for a long time? I LOVE the new name, btw! I've enjoyed both together many times and actually investigated your profile before you even posted after I saw your username was the forum's newest member, lol.

But I haven't posted much in the interpretive subforums lately since I've been focusing on my own Manson stuff in that vein and don't want to inadvertently plagiarize anyone, plus there's a bunch of cool shit I just don't want to share yet. All in good time! And I was also present in the other forums at Babalon a bit but mostly concentrated my efforts here instead and couldn't keep up with either in any case, lol.

But, yeah, Marilyn Manson is my main motherfucking man and I'm in this shit for the long haul.

He's always been there for me so I aim to return the favor.

Nice to see you around again, man! Let's get to it.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Don't be silly, I totally remember you as Stalkz from back when you were a n00b on the 'Phant but jumped right in and started hashing it out with everyone and kicking ass, which I always thought was awesome. And maybe I'm just mixed-up here but wasn't your avatar Eddie Munster for a long time? I LOVE the new name, btw! I've enjoyed both together many times and actually investigated your profile before you even posted after I saw your username was the forum's newest member, lol.

But I haven't posted much in the interpretive subforums lately since I've been focusing on my own Manson stuff in that vein and don't want to inadvertently plagiarize anyone, plus there's a bunch of cool shit I just don't want to share yet. All in good time! And I was also present in the other forums at Babalon a bit but mostly concentrated my efforts here instead and couldn't keep up with either in any case, lol.

But, yeah, Marilyn Manson is my main motherfucking man and I'm in this shit for the long haul.

He's always been there for me so I aim to return the favor.

Nice to see you around again, man! Let's get to it.

haha, it was actually me but yes it did look a lot like Eddie Munster when it was small; here's the full version

The first time I said LSDXM out loud as a name for myself I had the same experience Manson describes in that A&E biography where it feels like you're saying magic words. In my anything but humble opinion, combining acid and dex is the perfect, most immediate way to plunge head-first into the "white light" state of pure being available on psychedelics, in dream states, and so on <3

As far as the long haul, yes. I go through phases where I've just listened so exclusively to Marilyn Manson albums for so long that I *must* switch to something else for a bit, but as soon as that wears off I'm immediately brought right back and it feels as fresh and captivating as it ever did. Even with the only other two bands I can think of that have similar effect on me, TOOL and Black Sabbath, it's still not as... life consuming as Manson can be.
    It's good to hear you're working on your own interpretations! Definitely can't wait for that.

/high five

I'm guessing this is the "This is my lowest point of vulnerability" backmask?

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Yeah, but includes another phrase that I didn't hear until I examined the vocal track solo'ed from the multitracks.