Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: So?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

56 60.22%
  • No

37 39.78%
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you pay for Manson meet and greet?

Why is it vain to have meet and greet packages? It's certainly more generous to your fans to have them. You don't have to buy them. Also, I think it's this golden ticket company doing it but whatever. The package for Zombie is AWESOME, I'm seriously considering doing it even though I already have a ticket. You get a bag, a shirt, early entry, a photograph with Zombie AND an autograph for just $140 roughly over the ticket price. It's a fucking steal in my opinion. I bought an autographed TOOL poster with artwork from Adam for $400. So, I guess it comes down to personal preference but in my opinion it is very generous of the artist to meet with the fans. Like Manson OR Zombie are hurting for cash anyways?!

Quote Originally Posted by rusty shackleford View Post
    Why is it vain to have meet and greet packages? It's certainly more generous to your fans to have them. You don't have to buy them. Also, I think it's this golden ticket company doing it but whatever. The package for Zombie is AWESOME, I'm seriously considering doing it even though I already have a ticket. You get a bag, a shirt, early entry, a photograph with Zombie AND an autograph for just $140 roughly over the ticket price. It's a fucking steal in my opinion. I bought an autographed TOOL poster with artwork from Adam for $400. So, I guess it comes down to personal preference but in my opinion it is very generous of the artist to meet with the fans. Like Manson OR Zombie are hurting for cash anyways?!
    I like your reasoning, you're looking at it for what it is and actual "Package" as the title states. Now if it was that $ just to shake someone's hand and say "Hi", that would be a much less attractive deal. Personally, I don't think anyone would really like that idea, but still some dedicated fans (like me and some others) would still do it if the funds at hand allowed. -Why? Because there may never be another chance to meet the person you idolize, especially of people starting to get older. Heck age really doesn't matter these days with all the young celebs dying from overdoses and random acts of life (sad but true -anyway life is precious and might as well live it to the fullest and make yourself happy, whatever it takes to do that. As long as it doesn't hurt anyone else, or yourself why the heck not?).

No, because I get a feeling it'd be like the feeling you get when you pay for sex. I'm not sure how that feels but I know it looks desperate. I'm too proud for that.

Prostitution is wrong!

Well, considering that the previous signings, where in order to get a wristband, you had to buy a copy of the album, which runs like $10 to $17 bucks, considering which version of the album you decide to own. Other than that, nope. Chuck Testa.

Mmmmmnope. He wouldn't want to meet me, he'd want the money. I doubt it would be a very nice meeting if it, you know, doesn't come from the heart. If I somehow did something that made him want to meet me then sure, why not.

When I listen to this guy's music I am enjoying his art. When it comes to in real life and him in person, I wouldn't pay more to meet him than I would to meet any other person.

Right now, I would actually rather meet Voltaire in real life because he actually connects with his fans. He makes vlogs and he responds on youtube. I myself have even gotten a response from him. He's less of a stranger to me than manson is.

This sounds rude but I'd rather meet Twiggy or John 5 or Ginger over Manson, Just my preference. Manson doesn't seem like he really likes his fans knowadays which is quite sad. I've bought VIP once and have another VIP coming up and have met several band members of other bands and they're quite down to earth mostly shy than anything.

I've never paid for a meet and greet but I don't think Zombie's prices are bad, like the other person pointed out, after the ticket price you aren't really paying that much more for the package.

I think having to meet your fans because they paid for it is awkward for both, plus they usually just usher you in and out of a room and that's it, there are others waiting so it's not like you can sit there and talk about life.
    If that's good enough for you then do it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedAsses View Post
    I like your reasoning, you're looking at it for what it is and actual "Package" as the title states. Now if it was that $ just to shake someone's hand and say "Hi", that would be a much less attractive deal. Personally, I don't think anyone would really like that idea
    How about the Bon Jovi fans that pay $1,750 for a VIP package that doesn't even include a meet and greet with the band. BJ should truly be ashamed of themselves, or their fans should be for paying it.

Cool article about VIP packages
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/23/ar...ic/23VIP.html/

Muddy Knees

I'd rather try to find my own way to meet the band. If opportunity presents itself, then fuck yeah I'd be ecstatic. If it doesn't, then whatever. Not going to pay extra for something like a meet and greet, though, because I'm already surviving currently without having met famous people. I go to concerts see a kickass rock show, first and foremost, and everything else exists as an afterthought. This is whether I'm a huge fanatic of the band or not.

This package for Zombie is decently priced. I'm not for all that extra stuff and never been a huge merch guy myself, so it's not all that attractive of a deal to me. For those more into that stuff, and I know there's a lot out there, they could get plenty out of paying a little extra.

I couldn't do it, I'm old school and still buy actual albums and don't torrent my shit and over the years if you were to get the total sum between albums, concerts, t-shirts and other merchandise I've bought from Rob/Manson others etc....then I've spent well over the package price Rob is offering. I get that they don't see every penny from those sales, but I've been supporting them for years.

I'd rather meet John 5 and Ginger more so than Rob himself, I think I'd have a better time with them because they seem more down to earth. As far as Manson is concerned I'd rather meet him than Rob if given the choice. Rob just seems to have a shitty attitude in the more recent years concerning past band mates and etc....saying things like "Once you leave our group, you're pretty much dead to us, so we're fine." If Manson had that same train of thought then the Twins of Evil tour wouldn't even be possible.

Manson normally does have that train of thought but John and Ginger moved on to arguably bigger and better things so he can't really diss him. I remember him calling Tim "that Swedish guy" or some shit when EMDM was almost completely him and he has been known to treat current band members like shit.
    I'm not saying that's bad though I love the rock n' roll feel of Manson. He's the last rock star left so I can't complain about his antics lol.