Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: So?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

56 60.22%
  • No

37 39.78%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you pay for Manson meet and greet?

Quote Originally Posted by rusty shackleford View Post
    Manson normally does have that train of thought but John and Ginger moved on to arguably bigger and better things so he can't really diss him.
    The same could be said for Tommy Clufetos, he left Rob after he got a call from Ozzy-fucking-Osbourne. So historically speaking, who's the pinnacle here? Rob Zombie or Ozzy? And Zombie dissed him....so.

I don't know about you, but between the two I'd rather have Ozzy Osbourne on my résumé....and this guy has Zombie, Osbourne, Cooper and Nugent on his.
    Last edited by Ulysses Black; 08-08-2012 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JT_ View Post
    How about the Bon Jovi fans that pay $1,750 for a VIP package that doesn't even include a meet and greet with the band. BJ should truly be ashamed of themselves, or their fans should be for paying it.

Cool article about VIP packages
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/23/ar...ic/23VIP.html/
    That isn't much of a "package" then is it? Lol. What wasincluded then? -Interesting article by the way.

People who hang with fans and don't charge em' for it are automatically more liked than artist who don't that is obvious. -A couple years ago I went to Comic Con, and got to meet one of the main actors from the Heroes series, Milo Ventimiglia he's in a few films too. But yeah he was really nice I got to hang out with him, take pictures, and I got his autograph. -The only thing Ispent money on was a copy of his book, which I got from a nearby store lol.

Alumni

I'd just like to point out, the Golden Ticket package for RZ, is not just the ticket and the meet and greet but a whole bundle of goodies too and it is not just an usher into a room, sign and leave. Alot of bands are doing this to try and get some proper time with their fans. Julien K had a good write up on their facebook about this which I thinks sums it well:

First of all, you are NOT PAYING to meet the band.
    JK would NEVER do this.
    You are getting the concert ticket, an exclusive shirt, a poster, a lanyard, a toad bag, an aftershow/backstage pass with it...
    Its not expensive - its a ...freaking bargain.

Why do we do this at all?
    Some of our biggest fans are very shy and some of you aren't.
    Personally (and I'm not even in the band) I feel sad when an überfans does not get his or her autograph because any big shoulder, show off dude is stealing all the attention.
    We wanted to spend REAL time with those fans and came up with this idea. This will give equal time to everybody who wants to meet up with the band...
    This is also why we limited it to 20 people for each show.
    We want this to be quality time for everybody, fans AND the band.

Then - and most important:
    This will NOT be a simple "we sit on the opposite side of the table, sign something you bring and send you off" - this will be a hang out meet & greet we will have at every show, drinking some beers or sodas with you, handing and signing you some exclusive poster, having time for photos and so forth...
    Its an after-show party pass with a sh+tload of swag you won't get anywhere else...
    If you don't wanna join in - no problem... But if you want a real M&G and get to know the band - this is your chance...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses Black View Post
    The same could be said for Tommy Clufetos, he left Rob after he got a call from Ozzy-fucking-Osbourne. So historically speaking, who's the pinnacle here? Rob Zombie or Ozzy? And Zombie dissed him....so.

I don't know about you, but between the two I'd rather have Ozzy Osbourne on my résumé....and this guy has Zombie, Osbourne, Cooper and Nugent on his.
    RZ did not diss Ozzy - this was something that the media took out of context: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=144149

Tommy's move is no different to a lot of musicians nowadays, and as it worked out, everyone is happy with the way things are now.

Regarding John and Ginger. John left Manson two and a half years before he joined Zombie. Ginger went to work with RZ to help out initially and all with the approval of Manson. When he left Manson this was not, even with the timing, to do with moving to RZ. If there were real big issues this tour would not be happening.
    Last edited by Emma; 08-08-2012 at 02:51 AM.
    Nineteen76Designs: Clients are; Rob Zombie, Sheri Moon Zombie, John 5

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    RZ did not diss Ozzy - this was something that the media took out of context: http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.asp...sitemID=144149
    You misunderstood, I wasn't implying Rob dissed Ozzy....what I was saying is that Rob dissed Tommy and practically all other former band-mates as mentioned in my first post to this topic on page 4. :)

But it's good to see that they seemed to have worked past it.
    Last edited by Ulysses Black; 08-08-2012 at 03:03 AM.

Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses Black View Post
    You misunderstood, I wasn't implying Rob dissed Ozzy....what I was saying is that Rob dissed Tommy and practically all other former band-mates as mentioned in my first post to this topic on page 4. :)

But it's good to see that they have seemed to work past it.
    Okay I misunderstood the directionality, but regarding Rob dissing ex members - its less dissing, its more he moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I'd just like to point out, the Golden Ticket package for RZ, is not just the ticket and the meet and greet but a whole bundle of goodies too and it is not just an usher into a room, sign and leave. Alot of bands are doing this to try and get some proper time with their fans. Julien K had a good write up on their facebook about this which I thinks sums it well:
    I guess it depends on the band then, most are ushered in and out, but Julien K is small potatoes, I'd be surprised if they sold 20 VIP packages a show, hanging out and having beers with their fans is the least they could do.
    I also don't buy that justification that you aren't "paying to meet the band" ... yeah you are! that's just sleazy salesman antics.

Alumni

I guess it depends on the band then, most are ushered in and out, but Julien K is small potatoes, I'd be surprised if they sold 20 VIP packages a show, hanging out and having beers with their fans is the least they could do.
    I also don't buy that justification that you aren't "paying to meet the band" ... yeah you are! that's just sleazy salesman antics.
    The payment is for the tickets, and a package and of course in some ways the meet and greet but people are claiming all you are paying for is the M&G but thats not what is happening, there is a full package which includes the tickets, concierge service, priority entry, goody (customized) bags which are not available elsewhere and the guaranteed chance to hang with your idol. So there is a lot you are paying for.

Also can I point out it is the VIP service that sets the prices adding all these factors into the final price.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Well you're getting extra stuff so you're also paying for that. But I think it comes down to a point where they're offering a package and some fans will just see "meet the band" and get it. Because that's probably the biggest selling point of that package, I'l bet some fans wont even care about the extras they just want to meet a band.

flyflyflyflyflyflyflyflyf

It's not like they are extorting money or anything. You have a chance to meet the band and get a whole bunch of cool stuff if you choose to pay a certain amount. It's a fair deal, and a great business model. There probably are many folks out there who can afford these prices and want to meet the band, but couldn't because of some reason or the other. It's a chance for these fans to spend the money they have earned by their hard work on something they are passionate about. It's an awesome deal for them, and a good opportunity for the bands to make some money for their own hard work. It's not easy to instill that kind of passion in people, right?

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

YES,100% yes and I would be more than happy if he considered it for real.