Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [065]: Oct 05 2012 - Verizon Wireless Amphitheater - St. Louis, Missouri, USA

(part 5)

After the intermission, the giant screens next to the stage displayed an unending stream of text messages from concertgoers ("marlyn mansin rokcs!!!!!!.!!!" "mary me kathleen ur so beautful baby i lu v u" "does n e 1 hav rub zombies phone # LOL"). Once I finished shooting myself in the head, Rob Zombie took the stage. I have to say he put on one of the best stage shows I've ever seen. It was unbelievable. Lots of songs, new and old. I was particularly impressed with his performance, because a seemingly endless parade of hell robots from outer space kept wandering onstage and interrupting his show, and he never missed a beat. Why, he even let one give him a piggy back ride! That Rob Zombie is a pretty good sport. I know I would've been annoyed if people kept walking onto my stage mid-performance. John 5 and Ginger Fish were also there, which means we got to see the best lineup ever of Marilyn Manson, just spread out over two bands. Near the end of the show, John 5 performed a truly amazing guitar solo, amazing in and of itself considering that guitar solos are rarely ever amazing anymore. During his 45-minute solo, the stage was bathed in trippy red pentagrams and upside down crosses . . . it was like being magically whisked away to the 70s, when everyone was mellower and worshipped Satan.

During the encore, we were treated to a trailer for a movie called "Lords of Salem," which coincidentally was also directed by someone named Rob Zombie. I think it's really cool that these Robs Zombies are able to coordinate their efforts like this. Rob's stage banter was admittedly a little weird, consisting largely of things like "Are you ready to party, St. Louis?! I can't hear you!", which just made him look like an insane homeless preacher on acid trying to get into a strip club. (He should have been at the Pointergeist nine years ago. Boom!). They also had some technical issues during the show, ironically with the pyro, which was by far the most needed element at that particular point, given how cold it was. We did feel the lameness of our seats moreso with Zombie's show, because there were a significant amount of cool things happening onstage that we simply could not see at all. But all in all it was a fantastic time.

When the show ended, none of us could feel our feet, and I'm fairly certain some type of brain damage had set in. But we'd been rocked hard, like your mom did to that guy last night. Was it worth all the trouble? I don't know. I'm going to mostly say yes, but with reservations. Things didn't quite go smoothly, and the new tire we had to get the next morning really negated our partial financial recovery. In fact, we wound up spending about as much on all this as we would have at the Bloomington show, so I'm not exactly sure what was saved. But my friend had a great time and was very happy, so that feels like pay off enough, though I still feel guilty that he missed the first three Manson songs. Oh, and we never did run into the psycho, which is good, as my gloves wouldn't have been afraid to molest/fight that person.

Okay, that's it. Are you still reading? Jesus Christ, I'm so sorry. Here's my Nine Inch Nails story from what was then the Riverport Amphitheater:

Summer of 2000. NIN is touring for "The Fragile". I've never seen them live before and can't wait to go, but I have no money. My cousin offers to buy us both tickets. Thank you, cousin! While buying the tickets, we have to choose between seats or the lawn. I want seats, she wants the lawn. I complain. She tells me that she doesn't like NIN enough to justify paying for seats, and that I am being unreasonable and have no right to complain as she's the one paying for the tickets. I have to grumpily concede that she's right. I mostly get over it. We go to the concert. Some of my friends are there, who I never get to see because one of their girlfriends doesn't like me because she thinks I don't like her. It's stupid. Tonight an exception is being made and I am allowed to hang out with them. But my cousin doesn't want to hang out with my friends. She doesn't like them. She wants to hang out with people from the restaurant where she works. I don't like them. But mostly because my cousin is dating a good friend of mine, but is cheating on him with this guy she works with. She wants to spend the concert with aforementioned guy. We are at an impasse. She reminds me that she bought my ticket, so I should be spending time with her. I tell my friends I'll try to catch up with them later. We meet up with her work people. They suck. She keeps kissing and flirting with that guy. I asked her not to do that in front of me. A Perfect Circle starts playing. She's bored, and asks me to go with her while she gets a beer. I tell her I don't want to miss the band. She reminds me that we're supposed to be hanging out together. I go with her. While at the concession stand, a huge apocalyptic storm blows in. Everyone takes shelter. When we return to the lawn post-storm, we can't find my friends. No choice but to spend the rest of the evening with her people. NIN performs and it's a lot of fun. My cousin leaves to get beer during all the songs she doesn't know or like. After the show, we find my friends in the parking lot. They tell me that during the storm, the crowd rushed to the empty chairs, so they actually wound up with center seats for the NIN performance. They ask if I want to hang out for a while. My cousin tells me she wants to go to Denny's with her friends, and reminds me yet again that I owe her. Even though I'm the one driving, I swallow my rage and concede. I give her friends a lift and they misquote the whole retarded "I had a dream last night" speech from "Last Tour On Earth", because THEY LOVE DRUGS. At Denny's, one of her work friends who hates black people and calls his girlfriend "cum dumpster" is rude and demanding to our waitress the whole time. I am embarrassed. We finally leave. She makes out in front of me with the guy with whom she's cheating on my friend. Again, I asked her not to do this. Finally, we're on the way home. I am ready to strangle her. She looks over at me and goes "I had the best time tonight. Next time, I'm definitely getting seats!" I almost drove us into the fucking Missouri River.

The end.
    Last edited by Gloominatus; 10-08-2012 at 10:14 AM.

Manson's interaction with the deaf interpreter was pretty adorable.

"If you were deaf you wouldn't have heard me say that...stop it"

Does anyone know the story with the openers? I thought both DJ Starscream and Powerman 5000 were supposed to open, therefore Manson wouldn't be taking the stage until at least 8:30 or 9:00...but we got there a little late (8:15-ish) and Manson was already finishing The Love Song by the time we found our seats. Disappointing!

MURDERERS ARE GETTING PRETTIER EVERY DAY

THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE

Haha I love him with the interpreter for the deaf fans. Quite hilarious. The whole band sounds great here! Very cool how Jason gave away his cymbals and sticks (I'm actually really surprised how well that cymbal flew). I didn't really like Manson's outfit by the end of the show because it makes him look a little chunkier. But the sound and performance are really all that matters in the end so it seemed like a great show
    Last edited by TH15x15xMYxOMeGA; 10-09-2012 at 02:44 PM.

^ I know everyone keeps saying this but he seems to be enjoying himself much more these days, in all aspects of his life, and it comes through on stage.

*Just a minor point, but she isn't a "deaf interpreter." She's an interpreter for the deaf.
    Last edited by AssetReign; 10-09-2012 at 10:17 AM.

Yeah I totally agree. If him and the guys are enjoying themselves, that's the best show I could ask for.
    And sorry about that. I have a deaf friend so I definitely didn't mean to be offensive. I'll correct it.

Quote Originally Posted by AssetReign View Post
    ^ I know everyone keeps saying this but he seems to be enjoying himself much more these days, in all aspects of his life, and it comes through on stage.

Yeah, this is definitely the most fun I've ever seen him having onstage. Both shows we saw this year were Manson at his happiest.

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey Fish View Post
    Manson's interaction with the deaf interpreter was pretty adorable.

"If you were deaf you wouldn't have heard me say that...stop it"

Does anyone know the story with the openers? I thought both DJ Starscream and Powerman 5000 were supposed to open, therefore Manson wouldn't be taking the stage until at least 8:30 or 9:00...but we got there a little late (8:15-ish) and Manson was already finishing The Love Song by the time we found our seats. Disappointing!
    Maybe their way of being evil was starting the show too early.

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

Haz, thanks a lot for these videos!
    Great songs done greatly... but... Seriously, Manson? Fuck you for messing up the lyrics for Murderers all the 3~4 times you played it this year. -_-

He sounded great though (when he knew the FUCKING lyrics to the song that is on his NEW RECORD that came out THIS YEAR).
    Last edited by Scorpion; 10-09-2012 at 04:44 PM.