Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BILL MAHER: Politically Incorrect, Real Time..., HBO, etc.

Default BILL MAHER: Politically Incorrect, Real Time..., HBO, etc.

BE MORE CYNICAL

VICTORY BEGINS AT HOME

I'M SWISS

THE DECIDER

YAHOO! SPECIAL

Muddy Knees

And here's Bill Maher animated:

Seriously, I've never gotten the appeal of this guy. Could he be any more of an unmitigated liberal douche? Even Religulous was cringe-worthy.

^ I CALL 100%
    BULLSHIT

Muddy Knees

Bullshit on what exactly? Make a sensible claim for yourself. I'll assume you meant my choice of video, which yeah was supposed to be some random person from San Francisco. I felt it depicted Maher rather nicely.

There are plenty of topics I agree with Maher on, like your video above, but that doesn't change this man's overly-inflated ego over what he's actually accomplished in life. He's a douche. His extreme liberal views are just icing on the cake for me.

Saw this thread and had to chime in since Maher is just one of those celebrities that aggravate the fuck out of me. No intention to derail your topic further.

The context of your video-choice was understood.

And I ALSO called bullshit about Maher not being able to be more of an "unmitigated liberal douche" and Religulous being "cringe-worthy" -- unless you meant regarding his interview subjects, which I strongly doubt yet in which case emphatically agree.

Otherwise, it's all bullshit.

100%

You see, Maher makes a concerted effort to book as many opposing, right-wing panelists as possible AND to allow them time to express their viewpoints and to promote their projects. So obviously he COULD be more of an unmitigated liberal douche.

And we've already covered the degree to which Religulous WASN'T really cringe-worthy.

And your video-critique admittedly has nothing to do with the subject at hand beyond depicting an unrelated joke from people HE supports, and who most likely support HIM, while suggesting that MY post makes no sensible claim, ffs!

I LOL AT THEE, my good sir.

:-\

Muddy Knees

He books these panelists to try and overshadow them with his pseudo-intellectual liberal viewpoints in an attempt to corral his followers behind his words even further. In turn, strengthening their liberal agenda. I don't see how that's any different than what I pointed out. Why not take a more center of the road approach? I can't respect anyone who is one-sided on every issue.

Him supporting Matt and Trey has nothing to do with why I picked that clip. The clip portrayed a smug liberal douche smelling his own farts, essentially our very own Bill Maher. There's really not much more to think about it beyond that.

And yes, Religulous is cringe-worthy. It would be a great film without Maher at the helm. As a simple example, I think back to that interview within with him and his mom and sister. It's atrocious. The only thing the movie has going for it is the last 5 minutes, but until then sitting through this film is a chore. Which is unfortunate because I really wanted a documentary like that to be decent.

These are merely opinions for why Maher just doesn't do it for me, but have your fun.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    NewYorkRipperQUACK MisanthroPope's Avatar
    Add MisanthroPope on Facebook

I find Maher funny and he tends to echo plenty of my views but he certainly comes off as a smug asshole while doing so.

This really is only tangentially connected to this topic, but I'm always surprised at the high percentage of conservatives in the Manson fan base. They have liberal attitudes towards their own lifestyles, but are rigidly politically conservative. It's one of those "hmm" things. Just an observation and, of course, just my opinion.

Hallelujah motherfuckers thatrussianman's Avatar

People who think Bill Maher is smug always come off to me as people who cannot face the truth of some things he says, so they attack his cadence. Bill Maher raises awareness of the extreme stupidity located in america, and regardless of his delivery, I'd say that's 1 point for Team Reality.

Hallelujah motherfuckers thatrussianman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    ^ I CALL 100%
    BULLSHIT

Yes.