Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: BILL MAHER: Politically Incorrect, Real Time..., HBO, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Seriously, I've never gotten the appeal of this guy. Could he be any more of an unmitigated liberal douche? Even Religulous was cringe-worthy.
    I don't like Bill Maher because he dumbs down America's national discourse just like Bill O'Reilly. Same douchebag, different "side".

I used to watch his show when I cared more about politics and I thought Religulous was entertaining enough (although, it stopped being as entertaining when I stopped being such a hardcore anti-theist douchebag.) I agree with plenty of things he says, but if you don't think dude is smug as all fuck, you're delusional.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Telling people they're "delusional" because they don't agree with your opinion is also smug as all fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by AssetReign View Post
    Telling people they're "delusional" because they don't agree with your opinion is also smug as all fuck.
    I don't think the fact that I'm smug was ever up for debate.
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

He's almost as funny as Doug Stanhope.

-_-

I liked the discussions on his show, liked Religulous (at first), but don't find his stand-up all that funny. He's way too arrogant for me to really enjoy though. After every single one of his little jabs he makes this face like, "Yeah, that got them!" and it makes me want to smack him.

He's also helped spread misinformation and bullshit regarding vaccines.

EDIT: Doug Stanhope is fucking hilarious... although I'm not sure what Doug Stanhope has to do with Bill Maher.

Shut up, Atom. Jeez.

We share a lot of the same views, but I think Terrapin's South Park video accurately describes how I view him as a person.

I enjoyed Religulous when it came out because of the subject matter, but looking back I can agree that it could have been much better.

Visit kleiner352's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by thatrussianman View Post
    People who think Bill Maher is smug always come off to me as people who cannot face the truth of some things he says, so they attack his cadence. Bill Maher raises awareness of the extreme stupidity located in america, and regardless of his delivery, I'd say that's 1 point for Team Reality.
    Now you see this is completely awful as far as arguments are considered. You don't point out how he isn't somehow smug, you just claim that those who think he is don't like the actual points he makes. I like a lot of points he's made, but I still think he's arrogant as all fuck and acts like he's really some voice of insight in the world when he tends to just say very general things and has a hardcore far-left agenda, and I'm sorry but it's just as bad as a hardcore far-right agenda, just in different ways. Insulting people doesn't really negate anything they say, it just devalues your points and the only people who will actually like what you have to say are those ignorant enough to find insults as a genuine response to a point you disagree with.

OT: I like some of his comedy but do find him really arrogant, I enjoy Religulious but agree it was not as good as it could have been. It went about things with a very aggressively smug attitude and he singled out extremists of the faiths he tackled, not really focusing on what is the actual norm for a lot of it and just had this "I'm right and you're all wrong because I think you're dumb" kind of air to him that was douchey as all get-out.
    Last edited by kleiner352; 09-06-2012 at 12:42 PM.
    Kleiner352 liked this post

EvilDead, in all of his glory:

Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Insulting people doesn't really negate anything they say, it just devalues your points and the only people who will actually like what you have to say are those ignorant enough to find insults as a genuine response to a point you disagree with..
    I agree 100% with that philosophy. It's a shame people who profess to follow it don't always practice what they preach. :(