Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertising PM at Twins of Evil Shows?

Default Advertising PM at Twins of Evil Shows?

So the lack of traffic here kinda sucks, and there's lots of reasons for that, but I think one of the BIGGEST reasons is that people frankly just don't know Provider Module even exists. I ask around at LOTS of shows and even various internet circles and fans online aren't even aware in most cases that the main site resources or the forums are here in the first place.

Anyway, we've still got a couple weeks before the Twins of Evil Tour gets started up.

Considering the larger capacity of the venues AND the fact that there's PLENTY of crossover interest between Manson's and Zombie's fanbases, I think it's a good opportunity to get out there and spread the word.

Furthermore, I also have ready access to office materials like a photocopier, paper, and a bigass paper-cutter.

AND I'm intending to hit the bulk of the tour.

If you guys would like, I'd personally LOVE it if you could whip up some kind of "Hey, if you're a Manson fan give PM and its forums a shot, here's the address" sort of thing for me to hand out at each show while I'm surrounded by potential new members anyway. Just crank something out that can be cut into 4/8/6/however-many separate flyers from a standard 8x10 sheet and I can print it out, churn out a couple hundred photocopies, and turn THAT into a couple thousand flyers and we're good to go.

Obviously, black & white, and using less-rather-than-more black would be best but that's just on MY end. And double-sided is a possibility to consider. Maybe someone else could do color or we could do color tape-up flyers with tear-off strips or something, too.

Just spitballing.

But in the absence of ANY official forums or even any real english-speaking forum competition at all -- and of course the aforementioned general deadness here lately -- it seems like a good opportunity for a bit of a targeted membership drive while it wouldn't really be stepping on any toes or anything like that.

So.

Whatcha say?

:)

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Abso-fucking-lutely. On break at work, but let's definitely get some ideas snow balling. I also kind of want to make some easy as shit template that people could whip up maybe some shirts or something if they are into screen printing. Anything we can do to rep PM on tour and get some more people here is a win-win :D

It would be really super if we could somehow get the ball rolling before the ToE tour. I'd love to be able to see more of who's going to which show, see if anyone needs a ride between specific shows, has or needs an extra ticket, etc. I'd also hate for people to come and check out the forum and not give it a fair chance because they see how little traffic it's been getting.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    It would be really super if we could somehow get the ball rolling before the ToE tour. I'd love to be able to see more of who's going to which show, see if anyone needs a ride between specific shows, has or needs an extra ticket, etc. I'd also hate for people to come and check out the forum and not give it a fair chance because they see how little traffic it's been getting.
    Yeah, once we have something made up - people should hand it out wherever. Friends, people at other shows/clubs, bars, wherever. The ToE shows will be the easiest way to meet MM fans, as it tends to be a pretty wide spectrum of people that you really only get together at shows. It'll just be hard with the shows starting this month.

I'll try to come up with an idea, maybe Norsefire can do something cool graphic wise? ;)
    I like the idea of something we can get multiple copies of on a page, like small flyers or even like an oversized business card.
    The shirt idea is just something I want to make up, but if I can come up with a cool template I'll just post it if people want to do their own.

The more people share the site, the more people will find it. So I dig the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Abso-fucking-lutely. On break at work, but let's definitely get some ideas snow balling. I also kind of want to make some easy as shit template that people could whip up maybe some shirts or something if they are into screen printing. Anything we can do to rep PM on tour and get some more people here is a win-win :D
    Agreed!

And don't forget graphics for iron-on printer paper, too...perhaps a little more convenient, accessible, and practical for the layman than screenprinting.

Maybe you guys can work something out with the site's hosts so we can put up some snowballing content like you mentioned. That'll DEFINITELY put asses in seats, lol.

;)

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Great point.

Hopefully, that will happen naturally anyway as the tour dates get closer and people drop in to check in on show-threads and get organized, but while we're on the subject of things to streamline BEFORE the tour gets going for both the pre-existing members AND as part of the "pitch" for acquiring new members...

THE PROVIDER MODULE MOBILE SITE.

The PM mobile site is...plagued with extremely limited functionality, to say the least. Clearly, it's not necessary for it to be able to do EVERYTHING the full site does, but goddamn, you can't even see past the first page of a thread!

For obvious reasons, it would be exceedingly beneficial to have the PM mobile site overhauled or at least smoothed out a little by the time the band's fans are back on the road.

Not to mention the rather poor first impression it leaves in the minds of anyone unfortunate enough to have THAT be their first window into the world of PM. I mean, theoretically, at least a handful of the people who get these flyers are gonna check out the mobile site on their phones first.

I weep for those people.

:'(

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Yeah, once we have something made up - people should hand it out wherever. Friends, people at other shows/clubs, bars, wherever. The ToE shows will be the easiest way to meet MM fans, as it tends to be a pretty wide spectrum of people that you really only get together at shows. It'll just be hard with the shows starting this month.

I'll try to come up with an idea, maybe Norsefire can do something cool graphic wise? ;)
    I like the idea of something we can get multiple copies of on a page, like small flyers or even like an oversized business card.
    The shirt idea is just something I want to make up, but if I can come up with a cool template I'll just post it if people want to do their own.

The more people share the site, the more people will find it. So I dig the idea.
    Awesomeness!

But, yeah, I personally have about 20 days or so before I hit the road which is plenty of time for me to mass produce the flyers. But the site's not MY baby so I thought I'd see what you guys thought of the idea and whether or not you could whip up something to better represent it than simply a billion slips of paper with nothing but the web address on it. It really doesn't need to be much more than that to be effective, though.

I'm thinking something along the lines of a normal quarter-sheet flyer that just has a quick rundown of the sites resources and purpose on one side and more about the forums on the other, all in the appropriate fonts with maybe a graphic somewhere. List the web address, give an overview of the features accessible to registered members (media section, fb-style networking, etc.) and that's that.

It really just needs to get them here and registered, the rest is pretty self-explanatory.

But if this gets overplanned and isn't ready by the time the tour starts then a HUGE opportunity will be missed.

I just thought I'd throw it out there before I HAVE to just give up and hand out nothing-but-web-address flyers. You guys are pretty good with sharp, clean graphics to make it more visually appealing and representative of the site design so I wanted to bring it up while there's still a LITTLE time to do something like that.

So, TL;DR...screenprints, t-shirts, business cards, yadda-yadda-yadda. Hell, even the mobile-overhaul. Let's not bite off more than we can chew in less than three weeks.

One simple, easily reproduced, b&w flyer design that would look good on about 1/4 of a sheet of paper, max.

With a deadline of, say, roughly 15 days from now.

Whatcha got?

:)

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"

Great ideas Haz!

I know S.D. has been keen to do flyers in the past as well, so I do have some designs from when we started working on some before. Might be a bit old now but I will dig out the files and see what's there and what might've might be able to still use.

I've also recently had the idea to make guitar picks to hand out at shows. Just some simple graphics with our URL on them... so I want to look into how much that costs and stuff.

Id be up for help. Id be a bit busy at the London show, but Id be getting down to Manchester early if anyone wanted to meet up and do a bit of promo stuff around at places

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    I've also recently had the idea to make guitar picks to hand out at shows. Just some simple graphics with our URL on them... so I want to look into how much that costs and stuff.
    If you do that I am insisting that they also somehow make their way to the states because I need one. Or five.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

I'm down to do guitar picks too, so there will be some here in the states I can send out. That will come 2nd to getting a flyer made up which we hopefully can get done this week.Norsefire mentioned having limited time before he needs to get ready to come over here to the US, but don't think it'll be too hard to get something cool.

speed bump mannequin Golden Eel's Avatar

Someone should make cryptic posters with a QR-code to scan that leads you here.

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye