Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson & In This Moment

Add gunz on Facebook Follow gunz on Tumblr

interesting....I'm going to see In this moment live and see what else may possibly be similar

Original AIDS provider.

Bringing this topic back with an update on some new findings.

In early 2013, singer Maria Brink began using a 'smoke gun' on stage, which you can see in this shot:

clearly comparable to Manson's smoke gun used throughout 2012:

April 2013, the band debuts the video for the song Adrenalize, which is apparently rife with Manson references. The video can be seen here:

Firstly, starting at the 1:55 mark, Maria can be seen in several shots exhaling smoke, reminiscent of the shot starting at the 2:00 mark in the video for Slo-Mo-Tion:

Next up, we come to shots first seen around the 2:13 mark, showing Maria walking down a hallway on stilts. Of course, the history of Manson and stilts should be apparent to every one here, but also take a look at the long, twig-like extensions on her fingers and compare them to those seen on Manson in The Nobodies, best seen at 1:32:

What's more, later in the song at the 3:37 mark, the twig-arms are suddenly replaced with a set of unfurling wings, bringing to mind Antichrist Superstar's repeated references to the Worm 'getting his wings'.

References to the ACSS era also come in the second chorus of the song, where Maria is seen singing in a dirty room, the wall covered with scrawled writing, not too distant in its aesthetics to Manson's room at the end of the video for Tourniquet:

While lastly (for now, at least), we must make mention of the people in animal masks throughout the video. While there are a variety of masks, perhaps the most common that we see are rabbits. It's not the first time the band has utilized rabbit masks, the booklet for their 2008 album The Dream contained an image of a man in a rabbit mask. Masks, of course, being used to obscure identity, we would be forced to enquire of people: "Are You The Rabbit?"
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Come on.

Some people can never leave the hungry spiral that is generic American metal.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

The part of the video with her on the stilts reminded me more of The Beautiful People video, obviously the part where Manson had 2 people on the stilts.

Seen them last night and truth be told, it is way similar to his stage show in the early 2000's. I have been to all kinds of rock/metal/punk shows but this one definately had everything the same as his. She did connect with the audience as the fans beneath her blew her hair around and she danced around in nothing more than a thong and tight t-shirt. haha And the pit had that one redneck hillbilly hitting chicks so he got a Gunz elbow to the face..needless to say he stopped that shit right quick. Any who the show is indeed that of which has been mentioned in this thread, had to witness it live to believe any of it ...the band is still gorgeous to look at though even in a pit of sweaty, slobbering lesbians and hillbillies <3

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    The part of the video with her on the stilts reminded me more of The Beautiful People video, obviously the part where Manson had 2 people on the stilts.
    I went a bit of a different way with it, but there's that too. Just anything Manson has done utilizing stilts, really.

gunz, you just triggered my memory for something I was meant to include in that update post and forgot. I'm not sure if they're doing this as part of their show currently as I spotted this last year and have been sitting on it, but check out this early MM footage and compare the use of the sheet to ITM.

As for people wishing to use this thread to bash on bands, a reminder that this is not the place to do it. This thread is for the discussion of similarities between the two bands, of which there are more than enough for it to be a valid topic, if you don't have something to useful to say on the matter, then don't post. If you hate ITM so much then there are places to talk about that - this thread here will do - but any further posts of that nature in here will be regarded as a deliberate attempt to troll or derail the thread and will be acted on accordingly.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

People complaining about rip off artists ripping off a rip off artist. Classic.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

yes they are still doing that..I knew there was something else that struck me as being at a similar show...their energy is very present though..the connection and gratitude for having their fans is definately worth checking out the show. It brings back the old element of old shows..raising lighters and not being too cocky in not thanking the crowd for being there. I say go see them at least once just to see a scandally clad woman belt out notes that are unbelievably coming from that body.

Quote Originally Posted by Dv5 View Post
    People complaining about rip off artists ripping off a rip off artist. Classic.
    Did anyone actually complain about that? I just said they were average and nothing special, which obviously tantalised Empirical into "I'm a fuckin' big cop!! raaaarrgghhh!!" mode.
    Last edited by 1984; 04-14-2013 at 08:36 AM.