Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Provider Module Flyer (help us spread the word)

I don't think the flyers worked.

:(

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

102 new registrations this month so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    102 new registrations this month so far.

ULYSSES BLACK LIVES! (Hehe)
    Last edited by Mugwump; 10-23-2012 at 11:46 AM.

Honestly, my flyering was kinda stymied by the excessive Greyhound travel times and the HORRIBLE mismanagement of the lines outside so many venues. Basically, I kept arriving either super-early and having to defend my spot in line all day (semi-uselessly) or else getting there kinda late and having to run straight in. And Will Call was a bitch for my tickets and held things up a lot by keeping me waiting around when I could have been distributing flyers, too.

That said, I made a point of trying to get flyers to as many Golden Ticket Manson fans as possible (pretty sure I got 'em ALL on Halloween and MOST of 'em from Camden) or otherwise just giving a pile to each person I gave ANY to and asking them to spread the word to any webgeek Manson fans they might know. And a couple times when I was stuck at the front of a line I just passed a bigass bag of 'em behind me and told everyone to grab a couple and keep passing it back to the end of the line.

Anyway, I still have several hundred left for later use but I definitely got several thousand out there in the past month.

:)
    Last edited by Hazekiah; 01-06-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Thanks for all the work Haz! That pile of flyers you poured out was huge, so any number getting out there is appreciated! We should dubbed you the official MM fan Ambassador ;)

Can we take a moment just to emphasize Haz's devotion to this cause.

Example: There was a family with two younger children coming out of the meet & greet at the Camden show. Haz walks up to them and goes "Hi, are these your children? I'm not trying to cause any trouble, I just wanted to give you this flyer for this website..."

Typical conversation while waiting in line: "Hey, nice to meet you! Have you been to this website? *gives flyer* *goes on about website*"

Every time he opened his luggage, we were attacked by a swarm of stray PM flyers.

I downloaded a few different sizes. I will make copies and leave them here and there around Arkansas but I don't anticipate much of a response as it is the most closed minded state I have ever lived in.

^ Thanks!

I got to hand some out in Little Rock already but only about a hundred or so that I had in my pocket so Arkansas could DEFINITELY use another dose. And I kinda anticipated more harassment from the locals in certain areas but if you target appropriate areas don't really get in anyone's face about it I've found people are generally pretty receptive wherever you go. Definitely a good way to meet some like-minded neighbors, too.

Good luck!

:)

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    Can we take a moment just to emphasize Haz's devotion to this cause.

Example: There was a family with two younger children coming out of the meet & greet at the Camden show. Haz walks up to them and goes "Hi, are these your children? I'm not trying to cause any trouble, I just wanted to give you this flyer for this website..."

Typical conversation while waiting in line: "Hey, nice to meet you! Have you been to this website? *gives flyer* *goes on about website*"

Every time he opened his luggage, we were attacked by a swarm of stray PM flyers.
    Dawwww.

:')

Much appreciated! Sorry you had to overhear basically the same conversation over and over again about a billion times, btw.

And that family was hilarious but the kids were so cute and the parents were so supportive (FOUR Golden Tickets, ffs!), I really couldn't resist and just HAD to get 'em flyers. But yeah, even without them being aware of my...erm, reputation, I knew it had to look shady as fuck to see some guy handing out website addresses to elementary school girls, lol.

And ZOMFG, my luggage from two separate trips is STILL a swarm of those flyers! It started out all nice and neat in a couple ziplocks but once I ran out of those and had to start cutting the sheets in between shows it quickly devolved into absolute anarchy.

I could never find ANYTHING in my luggage without sifting through piles of them and seriously couldn't get rid of 'em fast enough. Kind of a self-inflicted hell since it seemed like a good idea at the time but they pretty much became the bane of my existence eventually, lol.

Pretty handy to have around sometimes, though...

;)

Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

I just know I'm going to mention Provider Module ASAP as soon as I find somebody that happens to like Marilyn Manson. I just hope they don't miss the actual forum too. It's unfortunate that I don't know any MM fans in real life as of now though, and I also tried promoting PM on ETS too.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-09-2013 at 08:05 PM.

The great thing about this forum is that you don't have to be a long time or hardcore fan of Manson at all. You just need to have an open mind and some time to read other peoples opinions on life, the universe and everything. I love the fact that people outside the US, and in different environments, post here. Also the fairly significant spread of ages and life experiences. If you want to think, or just read some of the funniest bullshit ever written, come to Provider Module. Hopefully your appreciation of Marilyn Mansons music and art will grow. We'll definitely try and show you there are good reasons to enjoy it.
    "Even smiling makes my face ache."