Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: [089]: Nov 08 2012 - Maquinaria Fest - Estadio Malvinas Argentinas - Buenos Aires, AR

That's pretty much it. gabrieltoxic's Avatar

I enjoyed this show a lot more than the last time I saw MM back in 2007. Good setlist and decent sound. Judging from the festival shows earlier this year, and tonight's performance, it seems to me that the band doesn't really shine as much as they do on their own gigs. Might be the festival crews, time restrictions, or just the general vibe they get when half the audience isn't there to see MM. I'm not sure what it is, and it's just an opinion. I'm not stating this as fact.

Jason really delivered tonight. I enjoyed the little arrangements he threw on some of the classics, and how he performs the BV tracks. Really solid player, same with Fred (on a side-note, Fred didn't play any Thunderbird basses, not sure what that was about). Both of them had tons of attitude on-stage, and are looking more comfortable as part of the band. Fred did get abused by Manson a few times, though. It's fun to watch, looks like they're just fucking around. At some point MM kinda ran towards Fred, pulled his hair, and Fred did a little spin in the direction he was being pulled... it looked stupidly funny.
    Twiggy rocked out the entire show. Seriously, the guy is all over the stage. I like his version of some of the old songs, and even though the playing was sloppy at times (or raw, whatever you wanna call it), I didn't feel it fucked the show up in any way. I guess that goes with personal tastes.
    Manson is a lot of fun on stage these days, and it always looks like he's enjoying himself, even when he's more in character and acting out the song in some way, or playing it serious... he just looks like he's enjoying it. The screaming voice sounds pretty awesome (definetely better than it did on the 2007 show), and the rest was fine. He was off-key sometimes, but I kinda already expected that. Let's face it, sometimes he hits 'em, sometimes he doesn't. Same goes for Twiggy... but that dude can play the shit out of a guitar riff while headbanging, so it evens out :P

The podium. Always a welcome prop. I kinda hate that they keep cutting parts out of the songs, though. I don't really see the point in that. It really shows on Coma White.

The backing track was a bit of a bummer for me. I'm not against it, and I don't think it ruins the show, but it sounded kinda odd.

Manson took the kick drum during the last part of TBP, before leaving the stage, but Jason pulled off what was left of the song with the remaining drums he had.

I gotta say, the audience sucked for the most part. Not a lot of enthusiasm, mostly girls screaming and way more make up and leather than bearable, given the exhausting fucking heat we were exposed to this week over here. Seriously, not ideal weather for goths and the like.

EDIT: Scorpion, thanks for the audio! It still amazes me that I can get home from a gig, and already have a decent recording uploaded. Listening to it, it sound pretty much the same as I witnessed at the venue. Same highs, same lows. Still think it was a fun gig. Wish there was some pro-shot video of it.
    Last edited by gabrieltoxic; 11-09-2012 at 02:12 AM.

DOUBLE POST! BAN!

Personal Jesus (not my video, I didn't bring a camera)

I want to thank scorpion aswell, so thank you for recording and uploading the stream!

Follow Scorpion On Twitter Add Scorpion on Facebook Visit Scorpion's Youtube Channel Visit Scorpion's Instagram Channel

mOBSCENE

He sounds great. The audience, on the other hand, should have all been checked for a pulse. Damn.

After watching the videos, I can understand why he seemed so pissed off. Lighting problems, equipment issues, and the audience sucked.
    Last edited by AssetReign; 11-09-2012 at 11:44 AM.

yeah, even the ones that were dressed up and in full make-up were kinda tame. granted, it was way too fucking hot (first manson show i watched from a distance as to avoid the moshpit)

also, half the audience was there for slayer, so they kinda didn't give a shit about manson.

Coma White

King Kill 33/Antichrist Superstar

Terrible performance of Antichrist Superstar...

One thing I left out of my review: the festival's organization was terrible. Seriously, the only good thing about the whole event was the bands. They charged 30 pesos for water bottles that cost between 5 and 8 pesos anywhere else. 25 for a small plastic cup of Coke, 30 for a shitty burger, 20 for a somewhat decent cone of fries. Not only that, but they would also deny water to people who were dehydrating, and believe me, this was one of the hottest days we had since summer ended back in March.