Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: Charles Manson Writes Postcard to Marilyn Manson

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    Unless Charles Manson doesn't know how to spell the name 'Marilyn', I'd wager this was written for someone else.

Although, he couldn't spell 'Helter Skelter' either, so maybe he's just stupid.
    I'm pretty sure he's just stupid. He didn't really have much in the way of schooling, I imagine. He may have had some 'out-there' ideas that people have read into and he may have been talented artistically in some people's minds, but has it ever really been in dispute that he's pretty stupid? Do people consider him to be a traditionally 'smart' man?
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Mephisto on Facebook Visit Mephisto's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MixMastahTee View Post
    I'm pretty sure he's just stupid. He didn't really have much in the way of schooling, I imagine. He may have had some 'out-there' ideas that people have read into and he may have been talented artistically in some people's minds, but has it ever really been in dispute that he's pretty stupid? Do people consider him to be a traditionally 'smart' man?
    Well,he's definetely smarter than you...
    Chillin' Killin'

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

He's actually a fairly bright and interesting guy considering his background, lack of formal education, nearly a lifetime of incarceration, etc.

That's kind of the point of MARILYN MANSON himself.

Beyond the surface-level, mutual-celebrity-for-different-reasons stuff and all that, there's also the shared dichotomy of MARILYN having the world at her fingertips yet nothing much to say before killing herself (presumably, that is, HELLO, Kennedy Conspiracy!) while MANSON languished in prison most of his life through to old age and had LOTS to say yet never really got his message through except WOW, HE SURE DID, even despite himself and his circumstances.

Sure, he's a QUITE a bit batty here and there...but dismissing him ENTIRELY based on a typo and poor sentence structure when he's lived in and out of primitive incarceration since THE 1940s, when he was barely a teenager, is a bit out of line. Yeah, he's a fucked-up guy to be sure but there's a LOT of room for the whole victim-of-circumstance thing, too. Jeezus, just look at his life history since birth. He may have expressed himself EXTREMELY poorly in terms of social constructs but a lot of what he's had to say since his imprisonment and effective nullification as a physical threat has had at least SOME merit to it that any Marilyn Manson fan especially would be remiss to discount and ignore.

There's a lot more to intelligence and being "smart" than mere behavior and book learnin'.

It is to Marilyn Manson's undying credit that he's recognized that atop the world stage.

Not to mention the fact that he's fucking thrown it back in its face so successfully.

6. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post

There's a lot more to intelligence and being "smart" than mere behavior and book learnin'.
    True, even Albert Einstein couldn't spell.

According to today's knowledge, then we have nine types of intelligence: http://www.learning-mind.com/types-of-intelligence/

Charles Manson and Marilyn Manson have a lot in common really. They have both been blamed for inciting murders they did not commit and are both seen as evil with a multitude of rumours surrounding them. They both use a sarcastic way of communicating how fucked up the world is. I'd imagine they would probably have very interesting conversations with each other if they ever talked about the state of the world.

9. Like 3 Member(s) liked this post

I still doubt that the 'Manson Family' was actually a thing.

That's not to say that I think it was a CIA CONSPEERACY or anything of the sort. Rather, I've read enough on the case - and not simply Bugliosi's self-serving novel - to convince me that Charlie was more-or-less a hanger-on at Spahn, and that the killings were not only executed by but also actively planned at the behest of Tex Watson. Then, after the fact, the girls and Watson decided to pin the blame on Uncle Chucky to try to escape the gas chamber.

And it's also not to say that Manson is innocent, even of murder. He almost certainly had a hand in the death of Shorty Shea, and he certainly cut off Gary Hinman's ear. But I'm convinced that the latter was part of an attempt to ingratiate himself with the much younger crowd at Spahn, and that he had no active role in the Tate-LaBianca murders.

Charles Manson was an old wannabe beatnik, and not at all culturally relatable to the flower children at Spahn. And that itself was almost certainly a pose - anyone who's watched the documentary Manson is very aware that there are serious differences between typical counterculture types of the late 1960s and Squeaky Fromme and the rest. It was basically a drug gang that adopted the trappings of hippies as a cover. What better disguise for a seriously-minded criminal organization than that of a group of idealistic, empty-headed children? Leno LaBianca was in thick with the mafia. I wouldn't be surprised to find that that killing had been contracted out to Tex Watson.

I'm also positive that it was a fortuitous turn of events for the pro-Vietnam establishment, not that I think they orchestrated it. Richard Nixon had been a New York lawyer before running for President again. He knew damn well that "'MANSON GUILTY', NIXON DECLARES" would be on the front page of every newspaper in the nation, and that in a legitimate trial it would call for an immediate mistrial. He simply didn't care, because the trial was more-or-less a sham and the propaganda value of a "murderous hippie cult" was too good to pass up.

There are people who believe that the Tate murders were completely fake, citing as 'evidence' the fact that Sharon Tate's father had been in Naval Intelligence and that the Tates lived in very close proximity to a government propaganda studio. I think that the truth is more prosaic, but still simultaneously less and more than the official story - that Manson, while a bad guy and a racist fuck , is basically innocent of what he was actually convicted of; that the State knew this, and used him in an opportunistic fashion anyway. He's guilty of murder, but not of the Tate-LaBianca murders.

It puts me in mind of Henry Lee Lucas, who very likely killed nobody but his mother (and, if people are capable of deserving to be murdered, it'd be her), but who confessed to over a hundred killings after being bribed by the Texas Rangers with McDonald's. They just wanted to clear their cold case files. He just wanted something decent to eat.
    Last edited by The Overman; 02-18-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    To revenge the misdeeds of the ruling class, there existed in the middle ages, in Germany, a secret tribunal, called the “Vehmgericht.” If a red cross was seen marked on a house, people knew that its owner was doomed by the “Vehm.”

All the houses of Europe are now marked with the mysterious red cross.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Charles Manson is about to die. Or as he would put it, "about to be born." He's in the hospital in grave condition.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Marsmind View Post
    Or as he would put it, "about to be born."
    Or as everyone else would put it, "about to die."

Good publicity for Heaven Upside Down if Charlie goes to Hell whilst it's being promoted, though.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Or as everyone else would put it, "about to die."

Good publicity for Heaven Upside Down if Charlie goes to Hell whilst it's being promoted, though.
    John Lennon was asked what he thought about CM and it struck me that he saw what he was in reality, a child of the state made by us. (society). I feel that he isn't a cruel person at all. I don't think his death will be promoting anything except his freedom to come back as a bee or something of that nature.

Unless Charles Manson doesn't know how to spell the name 'Marilyn', I'd wager this was written for someone else.

Although, he couldn't spell 'Helter Skelter' either, so maybe he's just stupid.
    In my opinion, I think there are different levels of intelligence but I don't believe illiteracy makes one stupid, though.
    He sure as shit was smart enough to conflict the minds of a lot of folks and invoking people who probably, to a degree, were pretty intelligent in their own ways.

I do know that insanity doesn't necessarily mean intelligent and that there can be a fine line, but spelling isn't always all forms of knowledge.
    I'm not by any means defending a (pretty much) murderer, but I have seen his interviews and he seems to be somewhat smart in a certain way
    A lot believe it's a fake and an act he pursues but I think he really believes what he says.
    But hey! That's just MY opinion!

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post