Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: [115]: Jan 25 2013 - The Oakdale Theatre - Wallingford, CT

Thanks for sharing those great videos, Hazekiah.

As far as the show goes, the last half of it was alright.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Much obliged! I actually thought the whole show was pretty strong, though...especially considering that you can tell Manson was officially starting to get sick at this show.

He's gone pretty much the whole tour this past year without blowing his voice out but if you compare this show to the ones before you can tell right away that his voice was quite rough all of a sudden. Which makes the fact that he didn't seem to be holding back much and still sounded great all the more impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Awesome as always HAZ!
    Just had a quick flick through and it's great! Can't wait to sit down and watch this later.

Love the Psycho Killer intro to No Reflection!
    It also has Irresponsible Hate Anthem on at the end!
    Thanks for adding that, btw! I've been SUPER busy getting ready to get back on the road and was just posting from memory without actually double-checking the setlist first.

And HELL, YEAH...I just LOVE that Manson's been working in a bit of "Psycho Killer" as a lead-in to "No Reflection." Perfect choice! And of course I love that some people thought it was "Row, Row, Row Your Boat" instead too, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by divikernes View Post
    Ho Ho nice, my evening is ready.
    Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    Amazing video Haz! Your new camera really ups the quality on your shoots :D
    Yeah, I've been wanting to go Hi-Def for a long while now. I always thought it was annoying that no one would use my NIN footage on their multi-angle fan-edits since they wanted them to be 100% HD. Personally, I'd rather see well-shot footage that's a little lower-res than a static angle from a billion feet away in HD but w/e.

I don't think this is really the right camera for me, though. I just bought it on the road in a pinch when my old cam died along the way and decided to keep it since it's great for what it is, but the zoom being digital instead of optical really bugs me...all it does is blow up the pixels instead of actually zooming! WTF's the point of filming in HD if the zoom sucks so bad that it just destroys the resolution? Not to mention this $200 camera MADE for HD field recording runs on two AA batteries. Are you fucking kidding me? My goddamned $20 cellphone has a better battery than this thing! So it dies in about an hour-and-a-half. Ugh.

Anyway, the audio's great and as long as I'm close enough not to have to zoom then it's all good. Someday I'll get a REAL upgrade and buy an HD camcorder with an OPTICAL zoom but HOLY SHIT they're crazy expensive.

So in the meantime this was a good entry-level HD starter kit for the price and I can always use it for back-up audio and a second-angle later so I'm happy enough with it for now.

And sorry it's so shaky too but I was sick and filming with my arms up as high as I could reach the whole time so it was kinda tricky to even see what I was capturing. I've been thinking of using YT's stabilization effect to steady it a bit but as far as I can tell it seems to make the zoomed-in resolution even worse than it already is, with a cumulative result something along the lines of watching a show through cataracts, lol. So maybe later.

Glad to hear all the good feedback, though! I'm just being my own worst critic and kinda annoyed with the equipment's limitations but I'll still watch the hell out of this bootleg and I love my new toy anyway.

Thanks again, guys! Plenty more and better to come.

:)

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

I've been thinking of using YT's stabilization effect
    Don't do it Haz!
    I accidently did it to one of the videos I uploaded, not only did it take about 2 hrs to upload the fucker, I applied the stabilization and all it did was blur the fuck out of the video! So instead of the camera jerking when you move, it just blurs it all so it's like you're drunk or something and wrecks it. I'm never using YT effects again.

I mean, I've done it before...specifically for my video of Manson with The Doors. Sometime's it's superawesome but then that video was EXREMELY shakey sometimes so it kinda looked EXTRA cool and woozy and drugged out when it blurred in different directions to compensate, but then it was Manson with The Doors so it probably worked better for that than anything else, lol.

Don't worry, though. I won't use it until one of my new videos is clear but shakey enough that YT's stabilization effect HELPS people read the badass AIDS necktie you made for him!

I won't consider it tr00 Hi-Def until that's clear.

\m/

^ Gahhh, typo/word repitition I can't edit out on PM Mobile! D:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    SUSPIRIA/MACBETH INTRO
    HEY, CRUEL WORLD
    DISPOSABLE TEENS
    THE LOVE SONG
    PSYCHO KILLER/NO REFLECTION
    mOBSCENE
    HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN/THE DOPE SHOW
    SLO-MO-TION
    ROCK IS DEAD
    PERSONAL JESUS
    SWEET DREAMS (ARE MADE OF THIS)
    COMA WHITE
    KING KILL 33/ANTICHRIST SUPERSTAR
    THE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE
    IRRESPONSIBLE HATE ANTHEM
    STABILIZED
    MOTHERFUCKERS
    \m/ -____- \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Don't do it Haz!
    I accidently did it to one of the videos I uploaded, not only did it take about 2 hrs to upload the fucker, I applied the stabilization and all it did was blur the fuck out of the video! So instead of the camera jerking when you move, it just blurs it all so it's like you're drunk or something and wrecks it. I'm never using YT effects again.
    WaitWAT...you don't LIKE that drunken-blur effect?!?

I FUCKING LIVE FOR THAT SHIT.

:D