Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Favorite Marilyn Manson Concert Moments

Last edited by AssetReign; 12-28-2012 at 12:55 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

This awesome opening in Amsterdam. Love the point of view of this video, really makes you re-live the experience

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

So before I passed out last night, "Tourniquet" not only came up in our chat-window discussion here on PM but also over in the MM thread on ets. Someone was looking for footage of Manson's Mayhem '09 show in Virginia and that was that.

I knew I'd filmed that show so I hooked 'em up and realized I'd never posted anything else but "Tourniquet," because it was HANDS DOWN my favorite footage I'd shot from that whole show. For a couple awesome reasons I'll explain momentarily when I cut'n'paste my response below.

I was WASTED last night and had JUST hooked-up some new PC speakers-with-a-subwoofer so, needless to say, I think I've watched it at maximum volume about a hundred more times since last night, lol.

So, without further ado...

IT'S THREAD
    REVIVAL
    TIME
    \m/

The Virginia show of the Mayhem '09 dates just so happened to be the last show I could make it to on that tour. So I decided to film it from as close as I could get, got ready to fight and sweat my balls off, then rail-hopped into the pit and ate my last couple hits of ACID just for the fuck of it. You only live ONCE, right? Haha.

Idk...personally? I think it turned out pretty fucking awesome.

Manson was ON POINT and I was fucking IN THE ZONE.

Seriously.

JMFC. Watch my shot compositions. All the little moments I caught. The opening bassline. Twiggy's solos. Manson's "butterfly" hands. His "virgin stitch" hands down his pants. Twiggy's fade-out at the end. EXTREME close-ups tempered by with wider shots and quick pans to give every single band member his moment to shine. Jeeeezus, the list goes on. Not bragging...I'm just sayin'!

Plus, OMFG, check out the comments on the YT page for the video!

Some dude not only crowdsurfed RIGHT over me and KICKED ME IN THE HEAD from behind...during the final "make your victim MY HEAD" part no less, LOLZ.

But I also -- utterly undaunted -- still managed to catch his every-fan's-dream moment with Manson just a couple seconds later!

My head was fucking spinning with ACID.

My mind was blown by the footage I was getting.

And my ears were ringing from the head-on collision.

BUT GODDAMNIT...I STILL GOT THE SHOT ANYWAY.

Annnnd, holy fuck, we even found each other through my YT video, ffs!

o_O

SOME OF MY VERY BEST FOOTAGE.

6. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

The entire Saint Louis show from the Rape of the World tour was baller, and I'm so happy with it as my first Manson show. This performance of "mOBSCENE" stands out to me from that night. I love the hypno-swirl background: it suits the mood of the song so well.

Great energy, a great performance, and Manson seemed very happy that night. Easily comparable to the GGG videos I've seen. And the crowd was insane, as I understand Saint Louis crowds usually are for Manson.
    Last edited by The Overman; 12-08-2014 at 08:41 PM.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post