Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: "No Reflection" Nominated for 2013 Grammy Awards

Catholic Girls with UZIs johncraze's Avatar

Default "No Reflection" Nominated for 2013 Grammy Awards

"No Reflection" has been nominated for the 2013 Grammy Awards, on the "Best Hard Rock/Metal Performance" category. Not a big deal, but I'm glad for the band and for BV, that the single has been recognized.

http://www.billboard.com/news/grammy...08040612.story

That's pretty cool nonetheless.

=)

When did being nominated for a Grammy become "not a big deal"?

Original AIDS provider.

Not the first nomination, but always cool nonetheless. Maybe this year can be the first win, although he's up against some solid names there. With old timers like Iron Maiden who'll likely get an automatic healthy percentage of the board's vote, plus more modern heavyweights like Lamb of God, it might be a push. Even though it's been hyped to death, I'm surprised to see Halestorm breaking through to the levels of Grammy nomination.
    I'll say this, though - whoever wins, at least the Grammys are generally somewhat respectable in their nominations, unlike the ARIAS (Australian music awards) which has rapidly turned this category in to a complete and utter farce.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Nick Cave's response/speech to winning an ARIA a few years back was one of the coolest things I have ever seen at a music award thingy.

Follow Heather Quick On Twitter Add Heather Quick on Facebook Visit Heather Quick's Instagram Channel

Yay! \o/

Cool! I hope he wins.

Catholic Girls with UZIs johncraze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AssetReign View Post
    When did being nominated for a Grammy become "not a big deal"?
    When the whole american mainstream industry fell into the big creative abyss in which it inhabits right now. To be honest they're not exactly a beacon for "artistic integrity". Never the less, I'm glad Manson is getting some appreciation for them.

I'm happy to see that Manson is getting public recognition that does not:
    a) involve comparing him to Rob Zombie
    b) focus on his weight
    c) refer to him as the "anti-christ shock rocker"

I've always seen The Grammies and other forms of "artistic recognition" like this as basically bullshit, but I have to say that I'm really excited to hear this news. I guess that for nothing else, it proves that apparently Manson wasn't kidding when he said that this record was his comeback. Holy Wood didn't even get a Grammy Nomination! (Which was criminal, but nonetheless...) "No Reflection" certainly wasn't my favourite song from the album, but in my opinion it's a lot better than what it's up against, and I'm just happy to see that Manson did pretty well with this song/video. Whether he wins or loses (honestly I doubt he'll win, but that's just because of the fact that other, more recently popular bands like Halestorm and other seasoned bands like Iron Maiden are up against him) this is pretty cool news.