Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [126]: Feb 11 2013 - Queen Elizabeth Theatre - Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

our meet and greet got changed for after the show i really hope twiggy will be there

I'm also hoping he says something about today being the very first Family Day in B.C.

For all non-Canadians, Family Day is holiday in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakob Synn View Post
    I'm also hoping he says something about today being the very first Family Day in B.C.

For all non-Canadians, Family Day is holiday in Canada.
    Been Following your tweets and are you sure the song right before Antichrist was not King Kill??? The last 2 show were amazing. Its to bad you did not get a song after Beautiful People.

I'm not sure. Tigger told me on Twitter it was it, but I couldn't tell. It was played a very fast pace and was just Twiggy singing. I couldn't hear what he was singing. His mic wasn't very loud.

All in all it was a good show. Manson looked like he was just loving life. Always dancing around. During Disposable Teens he was doing leg stretches.

Though it seemed a lot of times he was off with his vocals, like coming in late or not really singing the right words. Like during Antichrist Superstar. It wasn't bad, but just annoying.

The crowd in the balcony was lame. I was about 8 rows in from the edge of the balcony and everybody was sitting. This girl beside me sat through the whole show. I'm pretty sure she was there with her father, but still. You don't go to a Manson show to sit and watch. That's what buying the Gods, Guns and Government dvd is for.

The crowd was really dead for No Reflection and Slo-mo-tion.

My favorite part of the show was when Manson said earlier in the tour he caught Canadian aids (referring to the flu) and how he wasn't going to be like whiney Eddie Vedder and say he can't sing.

Overall, I'd rate it a 7 out of 10 show. Not the best Manson show I've seen, but definitly not the worst. And I was really upset they didn't play Hate Anthem. I would have loved for the show to have ended on a hard note.

it's too bad you never got to be at the Edmonton show.. it was fucking insane. I was at the Calgary show and it was good but the crowd in Edmonton was the craziest concert I have been to in a long time. Manson's vocals might not be at the best from the flu but I still thought he did amazing. My wife was at the 2009 shows with me and she did not think they were great. She LOVED the Calgary and Edmonton shows. The crowd for me was the weakest during Coma White out of all songs. The concerts I went to everyone went crazy for No Reflection and my favorite song was Slo-Mo-Tion in Calgary and Edmonton. Well.. one of..

Glad to hear he is still at it, and seemingly having a good time at least.

Just curious...I saw someone mention that the meet and greet was pushed to after the show. Are they still giving golden ticket holders early entrance to the show though if this happens? Just want to make sure that if mine gets pushed I won't have to fight for a spot on the floor hahaha
    "When all of your wishes are granted, many of your dreams will be destroyed."
    Hey Cruel World Tour 2/19/13 - San Francisco, CA
    Masters of Madness Tour 6/6/13 - Los Angeles, CA
    End Times Tour 7/7/15 - Concord, CA
    Hell Not Hallelujah Tour 10/23/15 - Paso Robles, CA

yes we still did get in early i think it was around 6:30 we got let in.

http://bc.ctvnews.ca/marilyn-manson-...uver-1.1153490

Style over content is hardly the crime certain breeds of music enthusiasts will say it is. So although only Marilyn Manson’s most devout fans will tell you that he’s either a genius songwriter or a great singer, there’s no denying that after last night’s performance at Vancouver’s Queen Elizabeth Theatre, he can still crank out a dazzling shock rock spectacle.

After a theatrical but relatively sedate opening of “Hey Cruel World,” (guitarist Twiggy Ramirez’s colossal post-gothic snood an obvious visual highlight), Manson immediately upped the ante and the room’s energy with a fiery blast through radio hit “Disposable Teens”. The first of multiple costume changes followed, Manson emerging in a timely red Pope’s outfit, firing a handheld fire extinguisher into the crowd for good measure.

With the question of Manson’s health plunging his name back into the headlines following his recent on-stage collapse and pukeathon in Saskatoon, he chose to address the matter with ultra-dark humour during one of his rare mid-song chats.
    Related Links

“So I was dying of Canadian AIDS,” he announced, “but in the words of Eddie Vedder… No, I’m not going to sing it!”

“mOBSCENE” took the place of the unspoken reference to Pearl Jam’s “Alive,” Manson taking the opportunity to mime fellatio on a fortunately placed piece of tubing. After another change into a white dinner jacket and fur stole, along with a few crooned bars of The Beatles’ “Happiness is a Warm Gun”, the band ripped into a brooding, restrained rendition of “The Dope Show.”

The Bowie-influenced “Slo-Mo-Tion” saw Manson demonstrate guitar skills that would be generously described as rudimentary. It was followed by the obligatory cover section, “Personal Jesus” and “Sweet Dreams,” both performed in front of inverted American flags and introduced by a sequence of samples from political speeches by luminaries including Ronald Reagan and Martin Luther King Jr.

Even though irritating Conservative America is one of Manson’s primary joys in life, he clearly puts time and effort into being an equal opportunities troublemaker. With Marilyn Manson, there’s something to offend everyone. If mocking religion or paeans to drugs don’t do it for you, how about projecting anagrams of the word ‘rape’ behind the band?

A podium was rolled on stage for the finale of the martial “Antichrist Superstar,” its insignia and colour scheme leaving no doubt of the implied Nazi reference. Not that anyone paying attention to the message behind the medium could accuse Manson of supporting or even condoning fascism. That’s not the point he’s making. It’s dark satire designed to strike emotional chords. It’s as much concept art as it is rock and roll. The decadent, nihilistic character of Marilyn Manson is the star, not the music. Do you love him? Hate him? Fear him? Even understand him? There wasn’t a simple answer.

Considering that Manson and his band have been playing the same set list for the best part of a year (so sadly, no “Fight Song” or “This Is The New Sh*t”), the commitment to the performance was unwavering. And although an 80-minute show didn’t exactly deliver value for money, the barrage of imagery and ideas ensured that the 44-year old Manson certainly left the desired impression.

He also managed to get through the encore of “The Beautiful People” without vomiting. In a way, that was the only disappointment of the night.

Follow NapalmHeart On Twitter Visit NapalmHeart's Youtube Channel Visit NapalmHeart's Instagram Channel

I don't care what anyone says, I just saw some of the most entertaining videos of this entire tour from that night and I would have loved to see it live!

http://www.youtube.com/user/ManBurning

I wonder if that's the same guy who bootlegged the last Manson show in Vancouver?