Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to Australia?!

Default Back to Australia?!

So, here's the thing, Marilyn Manson 'sort of' kicked off this tour with the Soundwave Festival and various Australian dates, but he was never here whilst Born Villain was released and available - that happened after he left. As such, the only new song he played on the Aussie dates earlier this year was 'No Reflection'.

Now, I was incredibly disappointed by the Soundwave show, but that's besides the point - Do we know if Mr. Manson will be returning to Australia to finally play some proper Born Villain gigs at all? I'd love to see him back here, especially as this tour is shaping up to be his best since 2003.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

I was at Soundwave Sydney and I was pretty upset about it. I felt embarrassed, if anything, that I'd told so many people how great he was for them to be left with that. Anyway, I hope he brings the new tour back here as well, because I think this stage set up is arguably the most exciting and jam packed he's had. I think it would be an absolute spectacle to see live.

However I don't think he did play No Reflection live down here, because the first time that was played was at the Revolver Awards and that was after the Australia/Oceania leg had ended. Realistically I don't think he'd come all the way back down here after having done a year's worth of touring: but then again, he is doing more US dates, many of which I understand are in the same locations he'd already played. We can only hope!

Follow Charles2012 On Twitter Visit Charles2012's Instagram Channel

A friend of mine who Soundwave followers may know as AJ has said he was the one who suggested the Twins of Evil tour and is doing 'everything in his power' to make it happen in Australia sometime in 2013.

AJ is a massive fan of Manson and has since attended some of Manson's 2012 European shows, so he'll be aware of the vast improvements and claimed their Rock Am Ring performance this year was one of the best shows he's ever seen.

Hopefully we get Manson back here soon!
    Instagram: @charliecheesman_

Quote Originally Posted by Charles2012 View Post
    A friend of mine who Soundwave followers may know as AJ has said he was the one who suggested the Twins of Evil tour and is doing 'everything in his power' to make it happen in Australia sometime in 2013.
    That would be so incredibly awesome, I would go to every show I could. :'D

I doubt I'd even bother going to see him again. What a fucking pile of dog shit the Soundwave brisbane show was. Like come on how many chances does one get? How embarrassing, not just for the band but AJ as well.

Original AIDS provider.

I was thinking about this the other day - Manson aside, a couple other of my favourite bands have come down here just prior to their new album coming out, leaving us missing out on the actual tour for the new stuff. Hopefully he'll be back - as to whether it's as part of ToE, I'm not really fussed.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Your loss really. If you've seen any of the recent shows, you'll understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by The Empirical Guy View Post
    I was thinking about this the other day - Manson aside, a couple other of my favourite bands have come down here just prior to their new album coming out, leaving us missing out on the actual tour for the new stuff. Hopefully he'll be back - as to whether it's as part of ToE, I'm not really fussed.
    Yeah, it's been happening a lot with bands I like, mostly the smaller ones as well.
    I'm really hoping it's not a Twins of Evil tour for the sake of just having the Manson fans surrounded by Manson fans. Everyone was so lovely at all the shows I went to on the Soundwave tour. That and the hopes that Manson would have longer on stage and not be rushed.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysmorphia View Post
    That would be so incredibly awesome, I would go to every show I could. :'D
    Do it! I went to 3 of the festivals and 1 Manson sidewave this year, hands down one of the best weeks of my life.

Hope to christ he'll come to Australia, preferably Melbourne, but I've gotta feeling he doesnt like us aussies, maybe 'cause of the "you're down under but I'm up over" thing, I dont know. I agree that the Soundwave tour was terrible (he sang with his back to us 50% of the time and wasted way too much water for my liking) but he may want to redeem himself and what better way?
    forever mirin, RIP

"Courtney Love and Marilyn Manson You're all fakes. Run to your mansions. Come around. We'll kick your ass in!"

Quote Originally Posted by mirror View Post
    I doubt I'd even bother going to see him again. What a fucking pile of dog shit the Soundwave brisbane show was. Like come on how many chances does one get? How embarrassing, not just for the band but AJ as well.
    I saw him on a Euro-date two nights ago and it was even worse then Soundwave. The stage was prettier though.