Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Marilyn Manson concert virgin

I went to my first 4 Manson shows by myself. Like, completely by myself not knowing a single other person who was going to be there, and it was fine. I've always been 100% sober (because I don't want anything to detract from or distort the show) and it was still fine. It's really easy to make friends in line because everyone is super friendly and excited, and you have at least some common ground. It's a really great experience, hanging out with some really interesting an generally cool people in line.

I probably shouldn't be giving advice on when to get to the venue to wait in line, because I'm that person who always wants to be one of the first five people to get there (omg that reminds me, Happy Birthday Tater!). So if doors are at 7pm, I personally would get there at 9 or 10am. Even that doesn't necessarily guarantee a spot on the barricade though because venue security can sometimes be weird about how they let people in, in that they let people in the front of the line in first but then everyone just sits inside another room in no particular reserved order and then then let everyone all at once into the actual venue/stage area. But typically it's whoever gets there first. There's really no need to get there in the AM though. I went to my second Manson show in Atlanta and got there at 4pm and was in the second row from the barricade. It also depends on how big the venue is. My actual non-rambling advice would be to get there at 1pm if you're dead set on being in the front row.

Chicks do still flash their tits at Manson, but I'm only thinking of my friends who do that and I don't think it's a common thing anymore. I just happen to be with those same friends at every show. <3

Quote Originally Posted by AssetReign View Post
    Thanks for that visual. :)
    Of course. Anything to brighten your day. HAHA

Well, I'll no longer be a 'concert virgin' as of January 30th. Assuming of course I get 1 ticket out of 2,193.

I do have one question. The venue in Hamilton (Ontario) is a theater so it's ALL numbered seating. So if I get one of the front row seats (which I'm aiming for), would it matter how early or late I arrive in line? I imagine people will be obliged to sit (stand) in their designated seat.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lecter View Post
    So if I get one of the front row seats (which I'm aiming for), would it matter how early or late I arrive in line?
    No

You've gotta be careful about that, though.

I've never personally been to the venue before so I wouldn't know about this specific case, but SOME venues have removable seating which is generally there but removed from the floor for certain events to make way for General Admission "mosh pit" floor space...yet they still sell the the tickets for "seats" so as to ensure they don't exceed the venue's maximum capacity.

If they're permanently bolted to the floor at the venue in question then obviously you're okay in this case, but it's still something to keep in mind as a general rule.

Just thought I'd mention it here to keep the thread a bit more broad-gauged in its usefulness.

Good luck and have fun!

:)

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    You've gotta be careful about that, though.
    I've never personally been to the venue before so I wouldn't know about this specific case, but SOME venues have removable seating which is generally there but removed from the floor for certain events to make way for General Admission "mosh pit" floor space...yet they still sell the the tickets for "seats" so as to ensure they don't exceed the venue's maximum capacity.
    If they're permanently bolted to the floor at the venue in question then obviously you're okay in this case, but it's still something to keep in mind as a general rule.
    Just thought I'd mention it here to keep the thread a bit more broad-gauged in its usefulness.
    Good luck and have fun!
    :)
    Thank you for the input! It makes complete sense.

Toxica is also going to this concert and her sister called the Theater, and apparently there is no standing room.

Toxica: Ugh, so apparently there is NO standing room at this venue. My sister called the place and that's what she was told. What a crappy place to have a concert!

I just hope that the lady didn't know what she was talking about and they CAN remove some seating!

How the heck do you get presale passwords? Apparently the Hamilton show has a presale tomorrow.. it says facebook presale. I 'liked' it, but there is no info there.

^ I'm posting in the show's thread now

Quote Originally Posted by thatrussianman View Post
    The concert at Anaheim will hopefully be my first MM concert. I know we have some concert virgins like me, I'd just like to know a couple things.

*About $60 per person? Is this right?
    *I assume everyone is standing, is there a way to get in the front row? Or is it a matter of showing up early?
    *Do chicks still flash manson their tits often or does that happen just on rare occasions now?
    Just enjoy yourself! Forget the girls.