Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golden Tickets Now Available!

Haha, no.

See u in CT

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I'll pay him any amount for him to allow me to be a guest (nobody) guitarist that night. lol
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post
    CT and Boston.

That's not really true at all. =/
    See u in CT

Are you going alone? Maybe i'll try the BOston show too..

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

^Are you going to be in Columbus so I can punch you in the face for double posting all of the time? :P
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by FeedYourHead View Post

Originally Posted by Cringeon
    it doesn't mean you have any better spot at a show.
    That's not really true at all. =/
    ^ What FYH said. The people bothering to buy the GT usually also want to be front row so it's pretty much a granted that you are getting a better spot. You can get good spots without GT but the very front row winds up being almost completely GT.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

A lot of GT people have seats, it's not for certain that everyone who has GT is also a pit ticket. I was on the rail with plenty of people who did not buy GT when I did. I think Haz also had no problem getting rail when he went for it. It comes down to just going after it. If early entrance is the only way you are going to be able to "see" from the pit, then you were taking a huge gamble buying pit without knowing the GT were even being offered.

If the early entrance is that important, go for it - but I don't want people thinking it's the only option if their only goal is for the show and not for a M&G. Also, it's GA - having a GT does not make anyone immune from the general mayhem that goes on down there. It's quite possible you could get a GT ticket, be in the pit and find yourself not in a desired spot. People just need to not get their hopes that the GT does anything more than the M&G in case shit gets wild.

That aside, having done the GT for the TOE - I'm skipping it for Vegas. Already got the merch, and since these are before the show I'd much rather save for any after parties going down in Vegas.

Quote Originally Posted by Cringeon View Post
    A lot of GT people have seats, it's not for certain that everyone who has GT is also a pit ticket.
    true, but most have GA tickets.

I was on the rail with plenty of people who did not buy GT when I did. I think Haz also had no problem getting rail when he went for it.
    Haz was never on the rail with the exception of the one show where I had an extra GT and gave it to him.

It comes down to just going after it.
    Only to a certain extent. After all the GT people had their spots on the rail, they let GA in and those people did their best to push in between us. Of course that worked for some people because there aren't enough GT people to make the first row completely packed tight, but the majority had to file in behind us. I wouldn't bank on there being a lot of availability after GT is let in.

If early entrance is the only way you are going to be able to "see" from the pit, then you were taking a huge gamble buying pit without knowing the GT were even being offered.
    I think you're confused. I can only see the show if I'm in the first row on the rail. I normally have no problem securing that by going about it the normal way - lining up in the AM and being one of the first five people there. I have never had a problem with that - ever. With GT, not only do I have to still be the first person there, I have to pay an extra $150 per show.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

GT sells equally for seats and GA since it's an addon. Maybe at the shows you went to, but it's not a given that a majority will be in the pit (especially with older fans). Maybe Haz didn't get right on the rail, but at the show we went together pretty sure he was damn near it because I saw his bible pages flying like a mother fucker during ACSS lol. Sounds like you've been to plenty of shows, so you know how pits can swell and shift, my point was just that having a GT ticket doesn't guarantee you will keep a spot on the rail - and not having a GT ticket doesn't mean there won't be a spot up front for you. Someone might get there first, but doesn't mean they stay there haha. That's a bummer if you can't see unless you are directly on the front rail, I would always go for a guaranteed good spot over a gamble. Either way GT or not, it's going to a great tour and excited to share a pit with purely some MM fans!