Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golden Tickets Now Available!

Yeah, the important information missing here is that FYH is like 3 feet tall...her eyes barely clearly the top of the rail, lol.

And I've had the OPTION of getting on the rail before but I just never really taken it since I'm generally busy doing lots of shit that will get me in trouble if security spots me doing it, and frankly I kinda prefer the push and pull and chaotic energy of being deeper in the pit anyway.

But then I can still see fine from wherever I wind up, regardless.

Some venues don't HAVE seats,such as the CT show I am attending. One has to take that into consideration.

The Manson/Zombie show I attended (Youngstown, OH) there were two rows of golden ticket people in GA when i was let in the venue. I was hoping they would mostly all have seats but it didn't happen that way but it did. It was a large venue too though.

The concert I'm going to is my one and only, so I'm going all out . . . . got my G.T.!

You guys are lucky, in Europe we had to pay 195 USDollars. I don't see why someone would find it "disgraceful" to get a GT (as Kollaps had put it.) I think it's a great opportunity to have an amazing day. Many people aren't 18-year-old hotties that can get backstage and meet the band that way. Waiting by the bus isn't that much of an option either, in Europe they didn't ride the tourbus often. I don't know, for the "average" fan this is a great opportunity to meet Marilyn Manson without a lot of hazzle. I rather have a calm meet and greet than getting backstage after having given a blowjob (been there) to a security-guy and then see Manson make out with his girlfriend and most people being annoyed because you are there. And honestly, unless you are a 18-year-old hottie, waiting in front of the hotel (which I did when I was a 20-year-old hottie haha) or the tourbus is really stalker-behaviour and pathetic. And you still don't know if you would meet the band or not. With an organized meet and greet you get the opportunity to talk to Manson, to get something signed and to get a photo taken. Kollaps, so if there had been a signing session at a record store you wouldn't think that was disgraceful too? They did that a lot during the 90s! Getting backstage and party with Manson is a thing of the past, really. You whine a lot about the recent performances and the meet and greets. Well, this is 2012. Manson is 43 years old. This is not the same kind of rock'n'roll as it was in the 90s.

About getting a place in the front row. I have been to 33 Marilyn Manson-shows. At more than half of them I have been in the front row. It was a pain in the ass to wait outside for hours and then run and fight for a spot in the front row. I'm a short girl and people tend to run me over :/ With the GT I had the possibility to get in the front row without any hazzle. We were in the venue 20 minutes before everyone else. You should have seen the angry faces of the general crowd when they entered the venue and they had to stand behind us. Haha. People tried to get in between us but that didn't work. The whole front row was GT people (Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie). I was even standing in the middle, right in front of Manson. Sure, people pushed and I was in pain for days but I could actally see something. (being a short girl and all). If you have a pit-ticket and you want to get into the front row, get a GT-ticket. Easy as that. At the show I have been to, we were around 50 people at the meet and greet. Three or four of them had seats. Having a GT-ticket really is the VIP-way to get into the front row.

Oh, and the meet and greets during the North America-tour seem to be pre-show. So you won't meet Twiggy because he tends to do the soundcheck while Manson is doing the meet and greet. So don't expect to meet Twiggy.
    Je suis un cimetiére abhorré de la lune

No one should expect Twiggy or anyone else but Manson anyway. Even when he came out at the U.S. Twins of Evil shows it was still just an extra treat that he was there as well. Manson is the only one who will DEFINITELY be there every time.

That said, it's still possible that he might show up. I sincerely doubt that the opening band for these dates will be given as much leeway for soundchecks on the tour's daily schedule as Rob Zombie was allotted so the Marilyn Manson soundcheck won't necessarily conflict with Manson's pre-show meat-and-greets the same way they did before. Which isn't to say it won't, of course...I'm just saying there's no official word on the matter yet. We'll just have to wait and see!

:)

Quote Originally Posted by MissZombilicious View Post
    You guys are lucky, in Europe we had to pay 195 USDollars. I don't see why someone would find it "disgraceful" to get a GT (as Kollaps had put it.) I think it's a great opportunity to have an amazing day. Many people aren't 18-year-old hotties that can get backstage and meet the band that way. Waiting by the bus isn't that much of an option either, in Europe they didn't ride the tourbus often. I don't know, for the "average" fan this is a great opportunity to meet Marilyn Manson without a lot of hazzle. I rather have a calm meet and greet than getting backstage after having given a blowjob (been there) to a security-guy and then see Manson make out with his girlfriend and most people being annoyed because you are there. And honestly, unless you are a 18-year-old hottie, waiting in front of the hotel (which I did when I was a 20-year-old hottie haha) or the tourbus is really stalker-behaviour and pathetic. And you still don't know if you would meet the band or not. With an organized meet and greet you get the opportunity to talk to Manson, to get something signed and to get a photo taken. Kollaps, so if there had been a signing session at a record store you wouldn't think that was disgraceful too? They did that a lot during the 90s! Getting backstage and party with Manson is a thing of the past, really. You whine a lot about the recent performances and the meet and greets. Well, this is 2012. Manson is 43 years old. This is not the same kind of rock'n'roll as it was in the 90s.

About getting a place in the front row. I have been to 33 Marilyn Manson-shows. At more than half of them I have been in the front row. It was a pain in the ass to wait outside for hours and then run and fight for a spot in the front row. I'm a short girl and people tend to run me over :/ With the GT I had the possibility to get in the front row without any hazzle. We were in the venue 20 minutes before everyone else. You should have seen the angry faces of the general crowd when they entered the venue and they had to stand behind us. Haha. People tried to get in between us but that didn't work. The whole front row was GT people (Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie). I was even standing in the middle, right in front of Manson. Sure, people pushed and I was in pain for days but I could actally see something. (being a short girl and all). If you have a pit-ticket and you want to get into the front row, get a GT-ticket. Easy as that. At the show I have been to, we were around 50 people at the meet and greet. Three or four of them had seats. Having a GT-ticket really is the VIP-way to get into the front row.

Oh, and the meet and greets during the North America-tour seem to be pre-show. So you won't meet Twiggy because he tends to do the soundcheck while Manson is doing the meet and greet. So don't expect to meet Twiggy.
    I never said that it is disgraceful for a person to buy a GT ticket. I think it is disgraceful that they are sold. It's also not great for the average Manson fan, it's only great for the Manson fan that has this kind of money leaving the Manson fan with the lower income bracket completely left out.

It's disgraceful that he is charging people money to meet him when they have bought his CD's, merch and tickets to his shows over the years. You have to remember how many bands have done this for FREE, or at least a LOT cheaper as a thank you to their fanbase for supporting them over the years. (Nick Cave, Swans, Tea Party, Neubauten). They need to can that early entry bullshit too.

EDIT: I just read the rest of your post, MissZomb. Since when is 43 old? There are so many bands that age and much older who are still at the height of their careers, releasing great albums and performing better then ever. I also don't care how many blowjobs you've given to security guards (... Classy).
    Last edited by 1984; 12-22-2012 at 05:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Lecter View Post
    The concert I'm going to is my one and only, so I'm going all out . . . . got my G.T.!
    YES! I'm so happy about this! If we're going to be ridiculous, we have to do it together at this point.. LOL!

I think this is awesome news. A friend of mine had to miss the show, thus the M &G and really wanted the opportunity for this again. Now just hope they don't sell out before I can buy a ticket to it...

:S

As for those complaining about "charging to meet him" or whatever. Its $150 which I won't say is cheap on its own but for what you get - its not expensive. You get a really awesome t-shirt, the mask, and a cool looking laminate plus a meet/photo with Manson. In a controlled environment, where you get one on one time, not rushed and crazy. Where its like 100 people. If MM did this as open concept, you know how many people would show up and then how many would leave disappointed and pissed off that they waited for x amount of time and didn't get to meet him? Plus, Manson seemed to be having A LOT of fun with this. So, why not do it again if the fans love it and MM loves it?

Win win as far as I can see.

=)

BTW.,

Early access is irrelevant for the show I am attending since its all seated anyway!

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I think the debate over whether or not the Golden Ticket offer is pathetic or not has been mulled over enough. If a thread like this exists, for those especially who missed out the last time, it should be just for people to discuss their excitement over their opportunity to say hello, get a picture and some other nice perks. It adds to the concert experience and so what if you have to pay for it? I am going to this show by myself and staying in a hotel by myself for the first time ever on a Manson trip so the Golden Ticket experience that I got fucked out of last time is something that is definitely going to make the trip and concert worthwhile. Hope everyone has fun.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM