Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Golden Tickets Now Available!

Going to gigs by yourself (especially festivals) is an awesome experience man and sometimes actually better then going with friends.

I have no idea what's going on in this thread anymore and I'm too lazy to read but
    Quote Originally Posted by Kollaps View Post
    Going to gigs by yourself (especially festivals) is an awesome experience man and sometimes actually better then going with friends.
    No one else ever seems to think this. Praise Jesus. I love you.
    Last edited by Tater; 12-22-2012 at 10:53 AM. Reason: No reason

Quote Originally Posted by Toxica View Post
    YES! I'm so happy about this! If we're going to be ridiculous, we have to do it together at this point.. LOL!
    Might as well! Same hotel, practically sitting beside each other during the concert, and now both at the M & G . . . I'm glad I sent you that first message asking about Hamilton. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    I think this is awesome news. A friend of mine had to miss the show, thus the M &G and really wanted the opportunity for this again. Now just hope they don't sell out before I can buy a ticket to it...
    :S
    As for those complaining about "charging to meet him" or whatever. Its $150 which I won't say is cheap on its own but for what you get - its not expensive. You get a really awesome t-shirt, the mask, and a cool looking laminate plus a meet/photo with Manson. In a controlled environment, where you get one on one time, not rushed and crazy. Where its like 100 people. If MM did this as open concept, you know how many people would show up and then how many would leave disappointed and pissed off that they waited for x amount of time and didn't get to meet him? Plus, Manson seemed to be having A LOT of fun with this. So, why not do it again if the fans love it and MM loves it?
    Win win as far as I can see.
    =)
    BTW.,
    Early access is irrelevant for the show I am attending since its all seated anyway!
    I agree completely. Plus it's good for those who don't normally go to rock concerts and don't want the hassle of fighting through crowds. And as you said, some people don't want to wait for hours in line for a possible opportunity.

Add Swede on Facebook

I was very skeptical about buying me a backstage ticket but I changed my attitude after participating in this event. Take this chance and meet manson. It is clearly worth the money. It is organized very well and it was a happy and pleasant manson I met, he received me with a personal feeling and I got comments from him. I do not think everything is all about money for him. The question is if he even earn some big money on this meet and greet? Maybe, just maybe, it is a way to show love back to his fans? No, how silly of me to think that way ..

I never said that it is disgraceful for a person to buy a GT ticket. I think it is disgraceful that they are sold. It's also not great for the average Manson fan, it's only great for the Manson fan that has this kind of money leaving the Manson fan with the lower income bracket completely left out.

It's disgraceful that he is charging people money to meet him when they have bought his CD's, merch and tickets to his shows over the years. You have to remember how many bands have done this for FREE, or at least a LOT cheaper as a thank you to their fanbase for supporting them over the years. (Nick Cave, Swans, Tea Party, Neubauten). They need to can that early entry bullshit too.

EDIT: I just read the rest of your post, MissZomb. Since when is 43 old? There are so many bands that age and much older who are still at the height of their careers, releasing great albums and performing better then ever. I also don't care how many blowjobs you've given to security guards (... Classy).
    Alright, I thought that you meant that it was disgraceful to actually buy a GT. So you are of the opinion that Manson owes the fans something? I disagree, he can do whatever the fuck he wants. You want him to be the proper rockstar but when he is actually acting like an arrogant rockstar, you complain. Paradox my dear. But I know what you mean and I respect your opinion. Well, I am on a sickleave (kind of equivalent to the dole that you have in Australia I think) so I am really at the bottom of the food-chain. I saved up money for the GT, it took me some time. And I did that because I thought it was worth it. And from what I have read in this thread, a lot of his fans think it's worth it.

And comparing Marilyn Manson to Einstürzende Neubauten and the Swans. Well, I don't say that Manson is superior to them muscially. Einstürzende Neubauten have done more for music than Manson. But they are not as big as Manson when it comes to popular culture. They would never sell 50 GTs for 150 dollars for over 50 shows. Great that they made it cheaper or even free for their fans. But let's be reasonable, The Swans don't sell out venues that Manson sells out. I'm not talking quality here, I'm talking quantity and popular culture.

I personally think it's a great thing that we get the possibility to meet Manson under organized circumstances. I don't care if Manson gets money for it, I can leave with a smile on my face. Worth it. I know I know, you will probably come with your sell out-argument again. Still, no one is forcing anyone to get that ticket. And a lot of bands are actually using the GT-service, Rob Zombie did it too. It's not like Manson is doing advertising for something. The day Manson promotes something he hasn't created himself or he isn't involved in, I'm on your side.

I didn't say that 43 years is old. Not at all. All I am saying is that he of course isn't acting like a pissed off twen anymore, all the famous backstage-party days are over. There is no whiskey and speed. That doesn't mean that he can't rock anymore. That just means that he has evolved. Sure, that evolution isn't all positive but still, times change.

Enough about this!!!] I hope that everyone will have an amazing time with the GT-experience. I have done it and I definitely think it's definetely worth the money!

(Well, and I never said that I was classy. I'm probably the opposite of classy. I was 17 years old when the whole blow job-incident happened. Long time ago and nothing I'm ashamed of because it felt like worth it at the time.)
    Je suis un cimetiére abhorré de la lune

Quote Originally Posted by Dv5 View Post
    I think the debate over whether or not the Golden Ticket offer is pathetic or not has been mulled over enough. If a thread like this exists, for those especially who missed out the last time, it should be just for people to discuss their excitement over their opportunity to say hello, get a picture and some other nice perks. It adds to the concert experience and so what if you have to pay for it? I am going to this show by myself and staying in a hotel by myself for the first time ever on a Manson trip so the Golden Ticket experience that I got fucked out of last time is something that is definitely going to make the trip and concert worthwhile. Hope everyone has fun.

This is one of my favorite threads simply because it highlights Manson's diversified fan base and (sometimes polar opposite) perspectives.

"I still hold my opinion in that it's pretty disgraceful.

I'll probably be getting one again.

got mine(s)

What's a gold ticket"

Quote Originally Posted by MissZombilicious View Post
    Alright, I thought that you meant that it was disgraceful to actually buy a GT. So you are of the opinion that Manson owes the fans something? I disagree, he can do whatever the fuck he wants. You want him to be the proper rockstar but when he is actually acting like an arrogant rockstar, you complain. Paradox my dear. But I know what you mean and I respect your opinion. Well, I am on a sickleave (kind of equivalent to the dole that you have in Australia I think) so I am really at the bottom of the food-chain. I saved up money for the GT, it took me some time. And I did that because I thought it was worth it. And from what I have read in this thread, a lot of his fans think it's worth it.

And comparing Marilyn Manson to Einstürzende Neubauten and the Swans. Well, I don't say that Manson is superior to them muscially. Einstürzende Neubauten have done more for music than Manson. But they are not as big as Manson when it comes to popular culture. They would never sell 50 GTs for 150 dollars for over 50 shows. Great that they made it cheaper or even free for their fans. But let's be reasonable, The Swans don't sell out venues that Manson sells out. I'm not talking quality here, I'm talking quantity and popular culture.

I personally think it's a great thing that we get the possibility to meet Manson under organized circumstances. I don't care if Manson gets money for it, I can leave with a smile on my face. Worth it. I know I know, you will probably come with your sell out-argument again. Still, no one is forcing anyone to get that ticket. And a lot of bands are actually using the GT-service, Rob Zombie did it too. It's not like Manson is doing advertising for something. The day Manson promotes something he hasn't created himself or he isn't involved in, I'm on your side.

I didn't say that 43 years is old. Not at all. All I am saying is that he of course isn't acting like a pissed off twen anymore, all the famous backstage-party days are over. There is no whiskey and speed. That doesn't mean that he can't rock anymore. That just means that he has evolved. Sure, that evolution isn't all positive but still, times change.

Enough about this!!!] I hope that everyone will have an amazing time with the GT-experience. I have done it and I definitely think it's definetely worth the money!

(Well, and I never said that I was classy. I'm probably the opposite of classy. I was 17 years old when the whole blow job-incident happened. Long time ago and nothing I'm ashamed of because it felt like worth it at the time.)
    Swans actually do sell out same the venues as Manson, Nick Cave out sells Manson tenfold and these are the bands who have done it for free. I don't think Manson owes anything to anyone but I do think it is selling out and taking advantage but more so, I think it is alienating poorer fans. I'm not going to debate this with you because I agree with Dv5's point that it has been mulled over enough.

I don't want Manson to behave like a tween but I think that is EXACTLY what he is doing right now. Come on, "No Reflection" is a VERY fuckin' tweeny song.

To those getting a GT, good on you. Have fun. I think it's fucking lame but I didn't say that to put you down or anything. Like AssetReign said, it's all just perspectives.
    Last edited by 1984; 12-22-2012 at 02:16 PM.

I never said that it is disgraceful for a person to buy a GT ticket. I think it is disgraceful that they are sold. It's also not great for the average Manson fan, it's only great for the Manson fan that has this kind of money leaving the Manson fan with the lower income bracket completely left out.
    I totally agree with you on this. It's Bon Jovi or Bieber-eseque to sell the privilege of meeting you. There are lots of other artists who meet and greet fans for no charge.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Well he's done it and is doing it. So either buy it or don't buy it, but either way it's going to happen.

As pointed out a few times we all have different opinions on it. I hope everyone has a great time like they did on the last run with Golden Tickets! (imo it's worth doing)

The only thing I wish, (and I'm surprised no one brought this up as opposed to the tired debate of whether he should/should not do these pay-to-meat-him things) is that they added/changed some features for this leg of the tour. If I buy a Golden Ticket, it will be the same crap I got last time. A mask and a t-shirt.

It would be cool if there were more package ideas and different things you could do or get.

Also, I know it means a lot to you people, but I HATE how these companies actually even bother to include the "early entrance" in their package. They aren't GIVING you that. That is just simply part of what it means to be there and inside the venue early. It's stupid to use that to make it seem like you are getting one extra thing. It's actually on the list of things you will get to try and trick and seduce you into thinking it's worth it. Early entrance is bullshit. It seems so crazy to me that some people actually bought these specifically for the early entrance last time. They were all like, "I don't really care about meeting Manson, I'm actually paying the 150 just to get in early". That doesn't make sense to me.

I'll be getting the Wisconsin date GT.