Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Can you be a Christian Marilyn Manson fan?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 71.11%
  • No

13 28.89%
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Can you still be a Christian?

Down, but not out.

I've found myself saying yes, as I wouldn't fault any Christian for simply being a fan of Marilyn Manson. However, I do accept why it's such a controversy and I understand that I'm also not a religious person either. And well, it's just my personal opinion and I'd definitely understand why there would be a lot of Christians that would say otherwise. Some Christians I've met and spoken to are even against secular music altogether regardless of their messages, overall image and genres.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-08-2013 at 04:34 PM.

Down, but not out.

Any luck on finding actual Marilyn Manson fans that were also church-going and practicing Christians?

Aside from it being the 2010s, I think that's why it was hard for me to find Marilyn Manson fans in real life as the majority of the people I know in real life, regardless as to whether they are family or friends, are Christians that are also church-going and practicing Christianity.

It's interesting, yet sometimes a bit disappointing, as I had some friends that got into Marilyn Manson until they actually read the lyrics to Antichrist Superstar and Holy Wood (Both the songs and the rest of the songs on both albums.), which was unfortunately enough to put them off Marilyn Manson altogether. At least they didn't find the music itself bad though, but it's the lyrics that got to them.

Hmmm.... I would say yes. Only because.... I don't have to agree with everything he does/says/believes to like him and his music. I like (and love) people in my life that I don't agree with everything they do, say, and believe. I wouldn't ditch a good friend or family member just because we have differences in our opinions and beliefs (my dad is an atheist). I never thought MM would be someone I could relate to or enjoy his music. I was going thru a terrible time a couple years ago when I first started listening to him.....I was in a very dark place with my health, finances, being alone (single mom), my past, and having no direction in my life. A lot of MM's songs were very comforting to me and validated what I was feeling. AND two years later....I still believe in God (Christianity). I never really thought he was against all Christians, but more the hypocrisy, legalism, and way it can be used to hurt instead of help people. Just the way I see it I guess.
    Hey victim, should I black your eyes again?
    Hey victim, you were the one who put the stick in my hand....

And another thing.... I know a lot of Christians (or really anybody for that matter) that won't touch anything MM with a 10-foot pole but will listen to Ozzy, AC/DC, and a ton of other not-exactly-Christian bands. I don't see much of a difference to be honest.
    Hey victim, should I black your eyes again?
    Hey victim, you were the one who put the stick in my hand....

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

No, Marilyn Manson is a staunch Atheist who has never touched on the aspects of Spirituality, God, "The Devil", Magick, or any "Paranormal" subject matters. lol - The funny thing is, I know Marilyn Manson fans that have never even TOUCHED The Bible let alone read one, yet they'll say that it's all total bullshit. I'm not saying that it isn't, btw, with that statement. It's just entertaining to hear/read people go on diatribes about Religion when they actually know very little about it other than "It's stupid.".
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I'm a Christian through and through, why should I go out of my church to be a MM fan lol

"Can you still be a Christian and listen to Marilyn Manson?"

Who gives a fuck? I don't care enough about who is what and definitely could give less of a shit if someone is a Christian or an Atheist and listens to MM. People will listen to whatever the fuck they want to listen to. If they want to listen to shitty gospel music sung by Joel Osteen, then that is their dumb ass right as a human being. Conversely if they want to listen to Marilyn Manson, what is stopping them? I'm struggling to see why this is even a question to ask.
    A system organized around the weakest qualities of individuals will produce these same qualities in its leaders.

I actually heartily agree with you! I find it hard to truly enjoy Manson's work if you still have to go get saved every time you listen to a Manson album. I find that most of the people that claim they are Manson fans and also Christians, tend to have a harder time with the Bible ripping and burning stuff. In other words, it makes it harder for them to fully enjoy the message that Manson tries to convey.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    No, Marilyn Manson is a staunch Atheist who has never touched on the aspects of Spirituality, God, "The Devil", Magick, or any "Paranormal" subject matters. lol - The funny thing is, I know Marilyn Manson fans that have never even TOUCHED The Bible let alone read one, yet they'll say that it's all total bullshit. I'm not saying that it isn't, btw, with that statement. It's just entertaining to hear/read people go on diatribes about Religion when they actually know very little about it other than "It's stupid.".
    I'm proud to admit that I've read the whole bible (catholic version) not once, but TWICE. Amazing book, definitely, full of stories both beautiful and violent.

Plus, since I wanted to be a priest when I was a kid, religion and christian stories have always influenced me strongly. Maybe that made me appreciate MM a lot more in my early fan years.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondule View Post
    "Can you still be a Christian and listen to Marilyn Manson?"

Who gives a fuck? I don't care enough about who is what and definitely could give less of a shit if someone is a Christian or an Atheist and listens to MM. People will listen to whatever the fuck they want to listen to. If they want to listen to shitty gospel music sung by Joel Osteen, then that is their dumb ass right as a human being. Conversely if they want to listen to Marilyn Manson, what is stopping them? I'm struggling to see why this is even a question to ask.
    It's called a "discussion forum" for a reason. At least the OP tried to keep it alive with a question that has spanned 13+ pages of response. Why don't you create new topics with your "intelligent qestions", instead of just criticise? Chill the fuck up.

Coming from someone who has said that 'MM's voice is destroyed' and can't even listen to Third day...because of it!

But you have bought The Pale Emperor nevertheless- so nothing you do makes any sense!