Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Can you be a Christian Marilyn Manson fan?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 71.11%
  • No

13 28.89%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Can you still be a Christian?

blas·phe·my
    ˈblasfəmē/Submit
    noun
    the act or offense of speaking sacrilegiously about God or sacred things; profane talk.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar

There's a BIG difference between "Christians" and "AMERICAN CHRISTIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" lol HaHa :P
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

Oh yes indeed! There are not many European Christians who are Anti-Gay, like this:

These shitty Christians only live in the fuckin' USA, sorry, but it's true! She should be bombed back in the stone age, stone-age communism.

You have good points about the person who said that (far to lazy to even bother writing their name) but what is liking black metal have to do with being a good Christian or not? I was brought up in a strict catholic home but I have always enjoyed this music genre. that doesn't make me a bad Catholic, In fact i'm not even believing in god anymore after going through stuff. why the hell is there even gods anyway? to make us think that there's another world out there for us? for us to choose being sinful or not is just stupid, because in the end humans have all sinned.

Down, but not out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondule View Post
    "Can you still be a Christian and listen to Marilyn Manson?"

Who gives a fuck? I don't care enough about who is what and definitely could give less of a shit if someone is a Christian or an Atheist and listens to MM. People will listen to whatever the fuck they want to listen to. If they want to listen to shitty gospel music sung by Joel Osteen, then that is their dumb ass right as a human being. Conversely if they want to listen to Marilyn Manson, what is stopping them? I'm struggling to see why this is even a question to ask.
    I think it's because that the chances are highly slim for actual churchgoing and practicing Christians be okay with albums like Antichrist Superstar and Holy Wood. I'd agree with you on anybody being allowed to listen to whatever they want, but I think this is one of those topics pertaining to Marilyn Manson that hasn't seemed to change that much.

-To make it clear, I'm only stating and basing this from real life encounters.-

Sure, there are exceptions, but it really is still a stretch in most cases from the looks of it. Even if I were to somehow manage to find Christians in real life that had the patience and tolerance to sit through Portrait of an American Family, Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals and Holy Wood (Or at least various songs collectively spanning from any of those 4 albums.), and then also have them watch God Is in the TV, it is still highly likely that they'll still perceive it as something they should wholly abstain from.

-However, Antichrist Superstar and/or Holy Wood alone, would probably still be more than enough reason for them to abstain from Marilyn Manson altogether, especially the former for very obvious reasons.-

Even if they're not necessarily angered or offended, it is very highly likely that the majority of them would also tell me that Marilyn Manson is simply contradictory and incompatible with their beliefs. And then of course, there's Christians I've seen that used homophobic and transphobic hate speech against Marilyn Manson, and they'd often be the same people to write him off as Satanic and demonic, and how Marilyn Manson and his fans are going to Hell because of their sinful lives and devil music.

This topic has always interested me though, as it's similar to the case with Nine Inch Nails and Christians, but clearly not as obvious and blatant. It's also interesting to note that I've also seen a lot of people that fell under "Republican" and "Conservative" that also were completely against Marilyn Manson, even if they didn't already hate him all together or were just flat-out disgusted and offended by his appearance, if not just from his music, lyrics and videos. (Most of them were also Christians on top of that too.)

And most Marilyn Manson fans I've seen and met definitely fell under "Democrat" and "Liberal" and "Atheist", which also seemed to be similar to the case with NIN's fan-base on and off the Internet.

With that being said, I'm still with you though. Anybody should be allowed to listen to whatever they want, but I can also still accept and understand why it's sometimes normally such an enormous stretch as it's also just as easy for religious views and political views to clash very abrasively and intensively.

I have also often wondered what it would be like if an influx of "Christian Republican Conservatives" posted on a Marilyn Manson and/or Nine Inch Nails message board as well, but it probably wouldn't end well.

I also found this to be a pretty good read. Even if it's about NIN, it probably could be applied to MM in some way too, as this very topic also reminded me of this, since religion is inevitably connected to politics in one way or another.

http://blog.melissadunphy.com/2005/0...t-be-fans.html
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 08-12-2015 at 01:25 PM.

Eat Internet Primadonnas

They are incompatible, it seems, but it's not like most people, Christians or not, are not hypocrites. ; )

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

My answer is Yes.Manson may be a christian some day and still remain the god of fuck off MM.

Can I be a vegetarian fan of MM? 'Cause he likes meat.
    Can I be a drug-free fan of MM? 'Cause he does drugs.
    I can go on and on and on...it's just so stupid, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo View Post
    Can I be a vegetarian fan of MM? 'Cause he likes meat.
    Can I be a drug-free fan of MM? 'Cause he does drugs.
    I can go on and on and on...it's just so stupid, really.
    It is not stupid, really... he doesn't exactly talk about strong beliefs in the meat eating wager... in regards to drugs, well, I Don't Like The Drugs sends a message that I'm sure a lot of anti-drug fans can relate to and appreciate. In the end, it is ones' body to put in whatever they aught, not that the bible touches base on methamphetamines, heroin, or coke....

The christianity coin: manson has adamantly pointed out flaws time and again. It is contradictory, bottom line. "It's so stupid" to think otherwise, not that people should be limited to their beliefs, but to accept things that COMPLETELY go against what you've been christianed to believe in (key points to this particular artist in rising), wtf are you believing in anymore? Heaven? Hell? You're already here, sunshine. To be a good christian? Be a good fucking person; no need to tie yourself in to false ideals.

It kills me to add to this damn thread that seems to have run-on forever.
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by YoureAlreadyHere View Post
    in regards to drugs, well, I Don't Like The Drugs sends a message that I'm sure a lot of anti-drug fans can relate to and appreciate.
    Well, I think a few non-drug takers might have a problem with the video of S(aint), which glorifies the taking of drugs...but that doesn't mean they can't be fans of him nevertheless.

It might occur to people that the music is far more important than a certain image!