Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Can you be a Christian Marilyn Manson fan?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 71.11%
  • No

13 28.89%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you still be a Christian?

Quote Originally Posted by Kollaps View Post
    It all comes down to how comfortable you are with your belief system and how willing you are to take something from another belief system.
    Yeah, I wanted to say this but Kollaps said it for me. Anyone can take something positive out of Manson's music. You don't necessarily have to agree with an artist to appreciate what they've created. Everyone has their own understanding of Manson and reasons why they enjoy the art and music. Not everyone is a fundamentalist, so I don't think looking at every Christian like they're sinning against their doctrine by listening to MM is accurate. Now if an evangelical pastor is a huge Manson fan, I might not understand how or why, but it's not my place to tell him what a Christian is supposed to be...especially since I'm not one.

I think we ALL can be hypocrites sometimes so let's not single out the religious people. The word "christian" itself is pretty goddamn vague and it's relatively new and more of an umbrella term to describe anyone who follows Christian values. We're all just trying to learn about ourselves and who we are, along with the people around us, so why not let people be? Who cares if it seems incompatible? It's better to try to understand something rather than fear it, anyway. Right?

Anyone can enjoy Manson and I don't really care. If they feel guilty about it, that's their problem.

Anyone can enjoy Manson and I don't really care. If they feel guilty about it, that's their problem.[/QUOTE]

Not that you were directing that towards me but for the record I don't feel guilty for listening to MM.

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

Manson said, "I NEVER said to be like me, Just BE YOU." So, your argument saying that being Christian Manson fan aren't allowed, well, it's becoming invalid in his eyes.

Manson don't care what you are. As long as you buy his new shit. ;)

Fast Food Nude. Whisky And Speed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    I'm noticing most of the people saying 'No' have some very strange preconceptions of what having Christian beliefs means.
    More elaboration please.

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    Pretty sure I'd suffer an infraction for making that same statement - funny how moderation chooses to work here.

However, I think so. Manson's idea and complaint about Christianity or any religion isn't from a lifetime of surveillance - it's from a younger adolescent viewpoint tormented in a negative environment. As most people mature, they will see this.

I get infractions all the time but not really for Manson bashing and I do a lot of that. You will, however, put sand in their vaginas.

Quote Originally Posted by Christina View Post
    That's the key word.
    Last edited by 1984; 12-26-2012 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollaps View Post
    I get infractions all the time but not really for Manson bashing and I do a lot of that. You will, however, put sand in their vaginas.
    I know - that's why it's so selective and ridiculous.

It was kind of a song reference, but.... ok.

Sorry to get off topic for a sec but what does it take to get an infraction?