Nav_image
Nav_image NEWS TOUR BIOGRAPHIES DISCOGRAPHY VIDEOGRAPHY GALLERY INTERVIEWS Nav_image
Nav_image JOURNAL ESSAYS TIMELINE FORUM THEATRE SITE INFO Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Can you be a Christian Marilyn Manson fan?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

32 71.11%
  • No

13 28.89%
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Can you still be a Christian?

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    But again isn't that assuming that everyone of faith, regardless of being chained to an organized religion, takes everything in the Bible literally? The Bible is a set of parables not a set of rules set in concrete and even if they were, humanity has moved on and therefore people are evolved. Saying that the Bible is a book written long after Christ and more a book of man's parables based on their belief.

By this logic no one is a TRUE Christian, because no one adheres to 100% of the Bible and the so called teachings of God.

Faith is what you make it, in the end of the day if there is a God, he will judge you on whether you were a good person, did right by people etc, and I doubt by the kind of music you listened to.

Basically what I am saying is religion is not the same as faith and even Manson believed that. If you are a member of certain religions I am sure there will be a conflict but I would say more because of man's subversion of faith and manipulation of religion. The Bible says not to wear cotton, write on the body or eat fish - I would say it would be very hard to find any so-called Christian out there who adheres to those "rules", therefore in themselves not by definition of this thread "true Christians".

To put a finer point on it, I'm more inclined to believe that those who chain themselves to man-made religions are less people of faith, they are more creatures of habit and upbringing and belief in false equivalencies.

Faith is what you make it. Life is how you live it. I think you can do many things and as long as you are not harming, hurting or damaging others, the final judgement comes at the end and there are more things important in faith than the band you listen to. Manson doesn't "teach" hate, he teaches the opposite of that - something some "Christians" could learn to listen to - Manson teaches understanding and tolerance but he is against stupidity and ignorance.

Real Christians are supposed to take everything in The Bible 100% literally. What the Bible says IS concrete (to christians) and humanity has NOT moved on because God has not moved on. And there are plenty of "true Christians". The fact that they don't adhere to 100% of the Bible does not make them less of a christian. The Bible teaches that man will fuck up. Everyone sins. You have to try your best. You are right that no human follows the Bible perfectly. Because they are only human, not God.

Your statement "Faith is what you make it, in the end of the day if there is a God, he will judge you on whether you were a good person..." is a lovely point of view. But it's inaccurate when discussion Christianity. It doesn't matter how nice or good you are. People who go above and beyond will be rewarded in heaven, the Bible teaches, but it makes no difference on your eternal fate.

God is very fascist in my opinion. I agree with you Emma. If he exists, he should base it off of how you were as a person,etc.. But that is not what the Bible teaches.

You repeated the "Faith is what you make it. Life is how you live it. I think you can do many things as long as you don't harm others....."

Very beautiful outlook. Very satanic in a LaVey point of view. But a christian will say that's a dead wrong outlook. "Where is your proof, that faith is what you will make it?, they will say. The Bible does NOT teach that perspective."

I wrote everything I wrote late last night and I was very tired. I hope it made sense. Maybe I could speak it better now. But one thing I have found, is that just about everyone that thinks it is compatible are not Christians themselves. They are thinking logically. Like, "why shouldn't a christian be able to listen to MM? It's only music" I agree with this notion. But that is not in line with my years of study and teachings. As I said, I am not a christian, and I think people should do whatever the fuck they want. But many of your points such as the above mentioned basically are meaningless because they are just your opinions based on nothing but logic, and the topic was about Christianity and Christianity is not about logic. Logic disappears immediately when you are discussing all powerful gods that live in the sky and can manipulate science and math, the structures of the universe, etc...

So, while I agree with all of you saying that people should do as they please and listen to what they want, it has no bearing on Christianity. Faith/Spirituality and Agnosticism? Sure. But actual Christianity? No. Never.

It seems a lot of you do not really understand that The Bible is the law (if you believe in the Christian faith), so you better follow it.

Also, Emma, you mentioned some things that it says not to do....eating fish or wearing cotton... there are plenty of things that it says not to do, and also many radical crazy things it tells you to do. Marilyn Manson quoted The Old Testament about killing your children if they disobey or whatever.

You must keep in mind that this was The Old Testament and it's laws are not in practice in the new world since Jesus came. Still very relevant books to Christianity, but they are not under the old law.

If you can listen to whatever kind of music you want as a christian, then why not stretch it even further? You can do whatever you want. Throw out the Bible's teachings to stay away from evil doers. Just do whatever you want. But you will be judged and you will be sent to the lake of fire. God has rules for you to try hard to obey. If you love Him, you won't want to upset him. Your whole goal is to please him. He is your creator, your father....from a christian perspective...
    Last edited by M Tragedy666; 12-26-2012 at 09:12 PM.

Follow me Down To Hell Mi-CroMartie's Avatar

So, telling people that they're not allowed to listen to metal and Manson stuff just because of a religious belief is just as bad as a conservative Christian parent who censors her children from anti-christian music.. Sounds familiar right? Tell me again how the bible is being fascist when you're doing it to your kids as well despite being non-religous. And, who's being fascist again? Tell me or if you can't answer that,

What about other people who have other religious beliefs like Buddhism? allow me to sample this pic:

Would you say to them that they're not allowed to listen to AC/DC or make friends who are metalheads because of their religious beliefs too?
    Last edited by Mi-CroMartie; 12-26-2012 at 09:20 PM.

let me know what you think of this music video since you said that it's NOT OK for a Christian to listen to metal because they oppose religion in general... I think most of the people here who don't tolerate Christians to listen to Manson must be the asshole parents in this video then.

If you had kids on your own and they wanna be Christian, would you do the same as those parents in the video saying that metal isn't allowed for Christians? Tell me again how atheists and non-believers have morals and show tolerance towards others... FUCK YOU ALL. You're no different than the Christian people who oppose rock music and don't allow their kids to enjoy the music... FUCKITY FUCK A DICK YOU GOTH POSERS.

P.S. 90% of you ALWAYS complain in your teen days that your parents are against manson yet YOU of all people keep saying being a Christian Manson fan is a big no no because Manson hates Christianity and the Bible and therefore aren't allowed to listen to it? FAIL LOGIC RIGHT THERE, IDIOTS.
    Last edited by Mi-CroMartie; 12-27-2012 at 12:01 AM.

Mi-cromartie, your above two posts failed to make sense to me.... sorry, but you'll have to state your idea more clearly. Who said anything about parents or not letting someone listen to metal? Metal has nothing to do with this topic. Neither do parents.

I happen to love Twisted Sister btw. Saw them live on the Twisted Christmas tour 2006. Amazing band! I don't see anything anti christian about this music video, so naturally, it would be ok for a christian to enjoy it.

As a very hardline, Southern worshipper and follower of Jesus Christ, the answer is decidedly 'no.' You absolutely cannot 'love' the music of Marilyn Manson if you profess to love the one that he routinely blasphemes against. That said, I agree with almost everything M Tragedy said. The point I took major exception to was that he equated the same notions with 'listening' to. the music. This may seem like saying the same thing but is drastically different. Satan knew a lot of scripture when he tempted Christ, but would hardly be considered a Christian. It's by this same token that it is in no way a sin to see what the enemy has to say to his disciples.

Another thing that people are doing is overlooking the music and limiting the discussion to only the lyrics. Music is just as much a language as any other and Manson's message is by no means limited to words. He even says so himself on Holywood. "And death has crawled in her ear like elevator music of songs she shouldn't hear." Elevator music, of course, being instrumental.

^ That means you don't have to belong to a fucking Manson board then if you're a bible follower Chrisitian and you might as well toss his stuff out to some stupid religious people who can trample his cds to shit...

Same thing to me.. People who can't let others enjoy Manson's music IS JUST AS BAD AS THE CONSERVATIVE PARENTS WHO OPPOSE HIM AND NOT LETTING THEIR CHILDREN LISTEN TO FUCKING METAL IN GENERAL. AGAIN, FUCK OFF.

NO, I'M NOT THROWING AWAY MY MANSON STUFF DESPITE MY CATHOLIC BACKGROUND. FUCK YOU.

Btw, Brad aka Crayon Kid once said that all of Manson's anti-religion sentiments in his music are a TOTAL GIMMICK. So, what's your excuse again? FUCK OFF.

If you think you cannot love Manson's music despite being a christian, are you suggesting that we should just fuck off this board right now and listen to the music YOU people don't like despite it's not anti-religion at all? If that's your idea, well, you're just being selfish prick assholes.

Tell me again how people like you who don't follow Bible and stuff are more tolerant than the stupid Christian people.. Tell me fuckfaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Mi-CroMartie View Post
    If you think you cannot love Manson's music despite being a christian, are you suggesting that we should just fuck off this board right now and listen to the music YOU people don't like despite it's not anti-religion at all? If that's your idea, well, you're just being selfish prick assholes.

Tell me again how people like you who don't follow Bible and stuff are more tolerant than the stupid Christian people.. Tell me fuckfaces.
    I'm not saying anything of the sort. Everyone is free to listen to anything they want. But anyone who had truly accepted Christ into their heart would be unable to love blasphemy against him. It's as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by brian219 View Post
    I'm not saying anything of the sort. Everyone is free to listen to anything they want. But anyone who had truly accepted Christ into their heart would be unable to love blasphemy against him. It's as simple as that.
    Let's see: Everyone IS FREE TO LISTEN TO WHAT THEY WANT, followed by, Accepting Jesus into their hearts cannot love the blasphemy against him = INTOLERANCE.

Then again, I might as well give up being a Manson fan since I'm a Jesus freak fucker then. I might as well throw out my Manson stuff... Let me know if you selfish pricks dickwads have any tolerance towards others left.

Again, THAT logic IS TOTAL FAILURE. You never understood also the concept of YIN-YANG symbol.