Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Manson drummers past & present

Default Manson drummers past & present

Yet there are more cock ups then ever before, Stutter really struggles with playing to a click and it's pretty reminiscent of the points that you made in regards to the timing issues that Zim Zum used to have way-back-when. I think compared to Marilyn Manson's lyrics in the past, Skold's are definitely overshadowed but I think the lyrics on Skold's most recent album have made them equal but only because of the degradation of Manson's lyrics.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

There's enough live videos since Jason has joined, there's no debating the guy is fucking solid. I can only think of the one show where there was some timing issue, but out of the 100+ shows they've played at this point he's on point and kills it.

I've been too one show where he has fucked up two songs, and I've seen videos of him making the same mistakes from two other shows. It's not a big deal or anything but he is definitely no Ginger Fish. :)

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Because Ginger Fish was infallible.

You're going a bit off topic here, Cringeon and I wouldn't go that far but out of curiosity do you have any footage of him fucking up?
    Last edited by 1984; 12-30-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST

Nope, but shit happens live. It happens to everyone.

^That was a technical error, not a human error. It can be a human error, but it wasn't done by anyone in the band.

Original AIDS provider.

This is pretty much the worst thing (and, for that matter, the only mistake) I have ever seen on stage that can be attributed to Ginger, although for all we know it could have been technical related as well.

Ginger was not the 'perfect drummer', as no such thing really exists, but he was perfect within the setting of Marilyn Manson and not truly replaceable. However, Jason's doing a better job of it than I was expecting anyone to do, and certainly a damn sight better than Vrenna ever managed. Although to be fair, the only way to really compare Jason to Ginger is for Manson to start flinging heavy objects at his head and see how well he keeps playing then.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Yeah. That still is a technical issue, once they started playing there were no problems... Either way, I didn't really mean to strike up an enormous off-topic debate about this.

Might I suggest moving this all to a Jason Vs. Ginger thread so it can be further discussed? People seem interested enough..

Original AIDS provider.

Not a bad idea, as the discussion has come up a number of times before in other threads. Here you go people, discuss Manson's drummers through the years, your preferences between them, etc etc...
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna