Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Favourite Marilyn Manson Album

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portrait Of An American Family

9 10.11%
  • Antichrist Superstar

34 38.20%
  • Mechanical Animals

34 38.20%
  • Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death)

23 25.84%
  • The Golden Age Of Grotesque

8 8.99%
  • EAT ME, DRINK ME

5 5.62%
  • The High End Of Low

9 10.11%
  • Born Villain

14 15.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Favourite Manson Album!

Default Favourite Manson Album!

Post your favorite Manson album and your favorite song from the album.
    Last edited by EvilDead; 01-03-2013 at 11:48 PM.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I have used the search button and I couldn't find a thread similiar to this?!?

You forgot to add Eat Me Drink Me to the poll :)
    Je suis un cimetiére abhorré de la lune

Manson is one of those rare artists that I absolutely love everything from. It's actually impossible for me to give a real answer. I love them all equally. Sure there are phases where one gets more play than others. But they are all special to me for different reasons and even though they all take on different lyrical and musical themes, they all still somehow fit perfectly with one another as an amazing bands album discography. There is nothing that is forgettable. Rather, I treasure each and every album and lyric. An amazing career and body of work!

I picked Holy Wood because it was the first album I bought and really got into before I even knew anything about Manson. It was an amazing journey and experience hearing it for the first time as a young adolescent, too young to even comprehend some of the concepts and multi-layered idea's of brilliance. Now, I can appreciate it in an entirely different way, but still can travel back in my mind and remember what it was like upon first listen.

It's a classic piece, and also happens to be a very landmark and important album for Marilyn Manson for many reasons. ...but really I could say the same about all of the albums.

As for a favorite song? Another impossible inquiry. All the songs flow together to tell a story, rather than a collection of random rock anthems. I'd have to say my favorite song IS the album itself, as they all flow together in sync. But Disposable Teens is what really hooked me on Holy Wood.

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Where're "Last Tour on earth" and "Remix & Repent"?

Another one of these fucking threads and you managed to leave out an album or two. Well done.

Administrator
    Unkillable Party Monster

Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    Another one of these fucking threads and you managed to leave out an album or two. Well done.
    While everyone pretends how clever and long-in-the-tooth they are, there actually doesn't appear to be a 'Favourite Album' topic on Provider Module's forum. Certainly they're a common staple on music fansites, but amidst the numerous 'Favourite' discussions here, the album preference is absent. With that in mind, EvilDead's thread is entirely welcome, and more pertinently, there is no excuse for talking to a relatively new member with such disdain. If people make duplicate threads, a member of staff can simply merge them, other users don't need to get personal.

Quote Originally Posted by MissZombilicious
    You forgot to add Eat Me Drink Me to the poll :)
    Quote Originally Posted by 404 View Post
    Where're "Last Tour on earth" and "Remix & Repent"?
    I've reviewed this, and the entire poll has now been modified to represent full-length LPs only. If any member wants to create a discussion concerning EP, Remix, Best Of or Live official releases in relation to one another, then that's fine, but let's stick to the albums in this one.
    EAT ME, DRINK ME is now present in the poll, and Smells Like Children has been removed.

My vote is well-circulated and obviously relative to this website, but Mechanical Animals is the most perfect artistic statement ever created, and The Last Day On Earth is its pinnacle.
    "the Serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which
    the LORD god had made
    "

m e m e n t o m o r i . p o s t m o r t e m

My favourite album is still "Antichrist Superstar". It's the first Marilyn Manson-album I have heard and I just have so many of my teenage-memories connected to this album. It's really a personal choice, not something based on which albums is musically and lyrically the best. Though, lyrically Antichrist Superstar probably still is the best album.

I have two favourite Marilyn Manson-songs: Tourniquet and Target Audience.
    Je suis un cimetiére abhorré de la lune

10. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Add Swede on Facebook

I'll go for Born Villain this time because it is fresh and has the feeling of the great albums. I really hope that the direction is the same in the future. So friends and fiends. The party is over for now..

Quote Originally Posted by S.D. View Post
    While everyone pretends how clever and long-in-the-tooth they are, there actually doesn't appear to be a 'Favourite Album' topic on Provider Module's forum. Certainly they're a common staple on music fansites, but amidst the numerous 'Favourite' discussions here, the album preference is absent. With that in mind, EvilDead's thread is entirely welcome, and more pertinently, there is no excuse for talking to a relatively new member with such disdain. If people make duplicate threads, a member of staff can simply merge them, other users don't need to get personal.
    This cannot be the only "favorite album" topic on here. I swear I can remember discussions about favorite albums and/or eras.

And I hope you're not accusing me of speaking to this new member with "disdain" or implying that I was getting "personal" because that would be fucking stupid and entirely bullshit.

I tend to listen to Holywood and Antichrist Superstar the most, but I do enjoy so many tunes from across Manson's catalogue. Some of my favorite songs are from the "bastardized" albums (EMDM/HEOL). Currently I am enjoying Born Villian alot so its been heavy on the playlists.

Oh and tough choice but I had to go with ACSS.
    "And We Will Sleep on the Skin of Its Nightmares..."

14. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post