Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Favourite Marilyn Manson Album

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portrait Of An American Family

9 10.00%
  • Antichrist Superstar

34 37.78%
  • Mechanical Animals

35 38.89%
  • Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death)

23 25.56%
  • The Golden Age Of Grotesque

8 8.89%
  • EAT ME, DRINK ME

5 5.56%
  • The High End Of Low

9 10.00%
  • Born Villain

14 15.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Manson Album!

Spawning Forth The Snake spaceSuicide's Avatar
    Follow spaceSuicide On Twitter Add spaceSuicide on Facebook Follow spaceSuicide on Tumblr

I voted Portrait of an American Family if it means anything and evidently it doesn't as it has the least amount of votes next to the usual low rated albums.
    I use words sharp as a sword

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Been listening to MA a bit more since getting the vinyl. Probably my favorite overall followed my HW, ACSS and then BV.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by spaceSuicide View Post
    I voted Portrait of an American Family if it means anything and evidently it doesn't as it has the least amount of votes next to the usual low rated albums.
    I still do not understand why POAAF get such low votes in these polls. The album is more Marilyn Manson then any of his past 3 releases. I have to say that Born Villain is pretty awesome but his last few albums before that were more Brian Warner side project music then Marilyn Manson the band.

Glad to see Born Villain is beating Holywood.

HOLY MOTHERFUCKING MOTHER OF GOD WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS THIS THREAD HERE YOU ARE ALL CUNTS!!1!1 EAT ME DRINK ME SUCKED SHOULDN'T EVEN BE AN ALBUM WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU ALL SLUTCUNTASSBITCH AUUUGHHH!!!1!1one!1eleven!!!

That aside, I'd really have to say Holy Wood. Holy Wood is brilliant and magical in all respects, and I can hear the story as I listen to it. It has deep personal songs, political songs, religious songs, and has the feeling of something huge. It has never gotten old for me and I don't think it ever will. Some of the best interviews arose from that era as well. I'm surprised it doesn't have more votes, that blows Antichrist Superstar out of the water for me.

8. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I imagine POAAF gets lower votes because although it's a great album I still personally think any album from the triptych blows it out of the water. I'm guessing a lot of other people do too. But I would rank it above any album outside of the triptych.

I voted for MA, it's a close one between that and ACSS but overall I just love pretty much everything about MA, the whole concept is just unreal and very relatable for me. Picking a favourite track is a much harder question-I switch between favourites all the time depending on my mood. Right now The Speed of Pain, Great Big White World and User Friendly for when I'm feeling particularly 'meh fuck everything' are my top tracks.

Holy Wood still has not been beaten in my books. I remember buying that album the day it came out and just blasted it in my car. I was 20 at the time and it was best describing everything I was feeling from being a teenager into my adult years. Although the Reflecting God is still my all time favorite, the Love Song and the Fight Song are the next best for me. This album still freaks me out when I listen to it. The band was tight then, the music is just genius, and Manson was at his best lyrically (in my opinion). The imagery and tour that backed this album were edgy and exciting.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Mechanical Animals defiantly. Probably followed by Portrait.

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Still Mechanical Animals!

I love every thing about it.
    Plus, if I have time, I love to listen all of it, without skipping. As it being just a song with 62min

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by suphiafilos View Post
    Still Mechanical Animals!

I love every thing about it.
    Plus, if I have time, I love to listen all of it, without skipping. As it being just a song with 62min
    Wow... back in 1998 when that album came out the thought that it would be leading in a poll over Antichrist Superstar would have been crazy. I was around during those era's and all my friends were huge Manson fans as well. A lot liked the album but a lot of my friends who liked Korn and Limp Bizkit did not really like the new direction that Mechanical Animals took at the time. A lot of them loved the heavy sounds on Antichrist Superstar. They were not ready for the sounds on Mechanical Animals. Might be Manson at the top of his form. The songs are just so amazing and also very fun at times. I would listen to that album every night after school and usually fall asleep and wake up for Fundamentally Loathsome. If it was snowing I would go for a drive and listen to the slow song from the album and just daydream.

The album actually saved my life in some way. I had a huge drug issue that Antichrist Superstar fueled. I would take stimulants and listen to POAAF and Antichrist Superstar and not sleep for days. That phase lasted 2 years. When Mechanical Animals came out it relaxed me and I no longer wanted to take pills. I just wanted to sleep. It helped me get back to normal in grade 12. Those albums were my life back then when they came out. I did not just listen to the albums they were my life.
    Last edited by EvilDead; 01-05-2013 at 06:07 PM.

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post