Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Favourite Marilyn Manson Album

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portrait Of An American Family

9 10.00%
  • Antichrist Superstar

34 37.78%
  • Mechanical Animals

35 38.89%
  • Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death)

23 25.56%
  • The Golden Age Of Grotesque

8 8.89%
  • EAT ME, DRINK ME

5 5.56%
  • The High End Of Low

9 10.00%
  • Born Villain

14 15.56%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Manson Album!

High End of Low would have to be my favorite, next to Antichrist Superstar which has already been discussed enough in this thread. I just love how personal this album is and a deeper look into MM's soul... I'm sure I will have a few rebuttals on this subject, but until then... I'll leave it at that.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

I wish I could revote on these like with the loudwire polls. :*(

Mechanical Animals

Still sounds excellent today and is the only MM album I can still turn on and really, really get into. It doesn't sound dated at all. I fucking love everything about it. That whole era is perfect, in my opinion. The band was so fucking tight and creative, the vocals sounded fantastic and even impressive, the lyrics had heart without sounding whiny or bitching about an ex. It's my definitive MM album. They really got it right on that one... in every single way.

I can play it for people who aren't into Manson and have them enjoy it. It's also been the only album to have changed the minds of people I know who disliked Manson for whatever reasons. Because they cannot deny that it kicks major ass musically and even vocally. Manson sounds amazing. It's just a solid fucking album. Musically it's almost timeless sounding. Whereas ACSS sounds like an angry 90s album to me at times (which isn't necessarily a bad thing).

Second is a tie between ACSS and HW (which is a really underrated album and on certain days might even be my favorite MM album. It's also the only one, along with MA, that I can still put on and get into).

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

This is a tough call between the Triptych, particularly Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals. (The songwriting on some of Holy Wood just seems too formulaic for me...funny how the "best guitar player" for Manson wrote the most boring powerchord shit out of all of them over and over again...) I love Holy Wood too, but it's a lot harder for me to get into that one because of this. Like others have said, Manson is one of those artists where each release holds something special.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

It's hard to pin down a favourite, but there's one album I end up listening to an awful lot lately, and it's Born Villain.
    The Flowers of Evil is amazing, the chorus is so perfect. I love Children of Cain, the riff in Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms, and so many other songs.

http://loudwire.com/best-marilyn-manson-songs/

10 BEST MARILYN MANSON SONGS

^ More of a 10 BEST MARILYN MANSON SINGLES collection and it has a couple factual errors but GODDAMN that's one of the best Manson articles I've seen in quite a while.

Add TongueTwistingStorm on Facebook Visit TongueTwistingStorm's Instagram Channel

The High End of Low ... Into the Fire

It's an album that came along at a point in my life where I was dealing with some of the stuff Manson drew inspiration from. I needed to hear those songs, needed to know that someone else had gone through it and made it out alive.

I won't go so far as to say that he is responsible for who I am today - I'm the one who did the work. However, I don't mind saying that I walked away from meeting him a changed person (and not for the reasons you'd expect). I was on the edge of much needed change, and Manson just tapped me over it.

12. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Original AIDS provider.

Quote Originally Posted by AssetReign View Post
    I think the article's author has clearly displayed which side of the ongoing Twiggy vs. Skold argument he is on.
    My avatar looks like a mix of NIN, My Chemical Romance, and Chris Vrenna

Portrait is the only Manson cd that stays in constant rotation.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post