Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image

View Poll Results: Favourite Marilyn Manson Album

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Portrait Of An American Family

9 10.11%
  • Antichrist Superstar

34 38.20%
  • Mechanical Animals

34 38.20%
  • Holy Wood (In The Shadow Of The Valley Of Death)

23 25.84%
  • The Golden Age Of Grotesque

8 8.99%
  • EAT ME, DRINK ME

5 5.62%
  • The High End Of Low

9 10.11%
  • Born Villain

14 15.73%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Manson Album!

Catholic Girls with UZIs johncraze's Avatar

It varies with my wild mood swings, but Antichrist Superstar will always be very dear to my heart, it really opened up my eyes to a whole other dimension.

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Not man enough to b human Manson15Marilyn's Avatar

Oooh. Tough one.

Although, I usually try to split it between the two eras. Their incendiary work in the 1990s - 2000, and then their personal work in the current era.

Out of the incendiary work, definitely HOLY WOOD (in the shadow of the valley of death)

* Lyrically its one of the best, and the best in the 1st era. And the message behind it was brilliantly played out. And I like how deep it delves, it was from both sides of the story and it proves a great point about this society we have been living here in America. Its the most brilliant, and well-thought out albums in the incendiary era.

Out of the personal work, each album's gotten better each time: So Born Villain for sure.

* Lyrically, it is superior to most all their albums before it. And musically, its really tame and mellowed out compared to the past (Although The High End of Low was also a great candidate for that.) This album is all about owning what you are, apart from the people who try to be something following all the trends out there today, goth, jock, punk, hipster, emo, prep, weeaboo, etc. etc. Its about having flaws, and rather than wallowing in them, overcoming them. Its about realising who you really are, not caring what other people think of you. Even if you lose sight of it all, its about regaining that whether or not other people accept it. Love this album, its message, its feeling, and its unique charm.

But I went with HOLY WOOD (in the valley of death) because even though the new era is greater than ever, that album alone is great and holds a strong message that most people (especially most Manson fans) kind of miss the point to. Its really unappreciated, honestly. But that was the point to the album, pointing out how we live out society.
    I am your vulture, your immoral sculpture, mirrorman who understands. I know you. I am you, your fantasy, reality.

Don't be surprised I can look you in the eye. It's hard to take you serious when you take me inside.

How the fuck are we supposed to know when I'm a monster in the way you refuse to die? How the fuck are we supposed to know if we're in love or if we're in pain?
    "Are we in love or are we in pain?"

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

It's sort of interesting and even pleasant to see that AntiChrist SuperStar and Mechanical Animals are currently tied. I had a hunch that Mechanical Animals wouldn't go down without a fight.

Antichrist Superstar, hands down. That single album changed my whole life. If my life ever gets published in a biography, the author will have to dedicate a whole chapter to such album and explain why and how with Antichrist Superstar began the construction of the person I am today.

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Antichrist Superstar

I'm unable to choose a favorite song so I'll go with my least favorite, "Mister Superstar."

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Eat Me, Drink Me. It reminds me of a time that I love.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Strange & Unusual Sinner Halo Infinity's Avatar

I still have to admit that choosing between Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals is still tough for me. Whenever I introduce anybody new to Marilyn Manson that actually wants to listen to his music, those are the albums I present them with. I also wonder how tied an ACSS vs. MA poll would be? =P
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-19-2017 at 02:22 AM.

Damn, no Pale Emperor up here OR Say10.

Weird. When I first voted in this poll back in 2013, I apparently opted HW. Now..it's much different.

It usually changes, except the first 4 have stayed constant. But as of right now...

1. Mechanical Animals
    2. The Pale Emperor
    3. EAT ME, DRINK ME
    4. Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death)
    5. The Golden Age of Grotesque
    6. The High End of Low (don't judge me pls)
    7. Portrait of an American Family
    8. Antichrist Superstar
    9. The minute long SAY10 snippet (not enough of anything else to judge it on.)
    10. Born Villain

As you can tell, I gravitate to Manson's lighter stuff for some reason.

Edit: well, we wanted favorite song too, so...

Coma White
    Warship My Wreck
    Putting Holes in Happiness
    Target Audience
    The Bright Young Things
    Wight Spider
    Wrapped in Plastic
    Man That You Fear
    Lay Down Your Goddamn Arms (this song is too good to be on BV)
    Last edited by Mok; 01-09-2017 at 03:43 AM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

lol, I was really just trying to be a troll by bumping this, but since you've made a serious contribution, I just want to say...damn...you must REALLY hate Born Villain. I think BV was a cool idea that wasn't seen through and kinda lazy. And, I'm surprised Portrait isn't higher in your list if you like Manson's lighter stuff. Actually, BV should be higher too, based on light/heaviness and nothing more. And I know there are a lot of light songs on HW, that also happens to have some of his hardest stuff on it too, same with GAOG. I just find your choices interesting lol.

But yeah, these polls are very pointless. Moods change through the days, and it switches up what album is my favorite too. Right now, MA is mine too. At the time THEOL was. But fuck, who gives a fuck?

Can't wait for 10!