Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: would manson benefit from an outside producer?

Interestingly enough, here is an interview a local magazine I know did with Vrenna the other day, and asked this question to him..... http://www.soundspheremag.com/featur...-chris-vrenna/ S] As a grammy-award winning producer, would you be interested in letting other producers work on your own written music?

C] “Oh, absolutely! It’s whether you have another writing partner or bandmate or even freakin’ Trent [Reznor], or ‘The Downward Spiral’. I think sitting in a vacuum by yourself is one thing, but any outside collaboration or just opinion sounding board, all that kind of stuff, I actually do think it’s important to the creative process to get other ideas or suggestions, inputs, directions, anything like that. I think it makes an artist grow. Sometimes you just get use to seeing or hearing something a certain way because you did it all, and then somebody can hear it completely different and then say something and it makes you think, ‘Oh man! I didn’t think of that’, which opens up other avenues to explore creatively.”

So there you go! Also, just to note Vrennas favorite producer is Flood, who I mentioned in a previous post. Theres some stuff about Manson in that interview too, check it out

I think Manson needs to record an album like most people do. Write an abum with a full band. Born Villain is awesome and a step in the right direction. They need to decide on a certain sound and keep to one style so the album flows like one album. Every Manson album flows like an album except for High End Of Low. They should get a keyboardist and start the writing process as soon as the tour is over. Manson music needs the syth in it. Manson's music just works better with keys. The songs for Born Villain were actually written a few years ago. He must have started writing something by now. He should find a topic and write an album that tells a story much like HolyWood. I do love the lyrical content on Born Villain but some songs could have used more lyrics and less repeating. Songs like Breaking The Same Old Ground and Flowers of Evil would have been taken to another level. And I love those songs. The band then should go to an actual studio and record everything all at the same time so it all flows. High End Of Low sounded like every song was from a different album and recorded in different studios.
    His voice sounds better to after he has been on tour for awhile. It brings me back to the Spooky Kids. The more singing he did the stronger his voice got after time. For the past 9 years he has taken a lot of time off from singing and touring. He should continue to tour and get his vocals more practice for the next album. I hope I am making sense.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilDead View Post
    I think Manson needs to record an album like most people do. Write an abum with a full band. Born Villain is awesome and a step in the right direction. They need to decide on a certain sound and keep to one style so the album flows like one album. Every Manson album flows like an album except for High End Of Low. They should get a keyboardist and start the writing process as soon as the tour is over. Manson music needs the syth in it. Manson's music just works better with keys. The songs for Born Villain were actually written a few years ago. He must have started writing something by now. He should find a topic and write an album that tells a story much like HolyWood. I do love the lyrical content on Born Villain but some songs could have used more lyrics and less repeating. Songs like Breaking The Same Old Ground and Flowers of Evil would have been taken to another level. And I love those songs. The band then should go to an actual studio and record everything all at the same time so it all flows. High End Of Low sounded like every song was from a different album and recorded in different studios.
    His voice sounds better to after he has been on tour for awhile. It brings me back to the Spooky Kids. The more singing he did the stronger his voice got after time. For the past 9 years he has taken a lot of time off from singing and touring. He should continue to tour and get his vocals more practice for the next album. I hope I am making sense.
    this.

Yeah. I thought Eat Me, Drink Me in particular sounded technically pretty shabby (especially what they'd done with Manson's voice). I think I'd like it a lot more if it was exactly the same raw material in a higher quality!