Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Last 3 Albums Incorporated Live

Not to beat a dead horse, but Twiggy can not play Skold's solos.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Murderer33 View Post
    There's a 45 second clip on the concert's thread along with a full audio recording on soundcloud. You can find the audio clip on here or via the PM Facebook page. :)
    Can you link me please? I can't find it

Visit grotesk_burlesk's Instagram Channel

Sorry but IMO some songs just have to be played on every single concert because they're massive hits, (talking about songs like sweet dreams and the beautiful people). Songs like TBP and sweet dreams are some of his most famous songs, and casual fans, non-fans would be disappointed if they go a mm concert and don't listen to them. Can you imagine a Guns and roses performance without Sweet child o mine?

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by grotesk_burlesk View Post
    Sorry but IMO some songs just have to be played on every single concert because they're massive hits, (talking about songs like sweet dreams and the beautiful people). Songs like TBP and sweet dreams are some of his most famous songs, and casual fans, non-fans would be disappointed if they go a mm concert and don't listen to them. Can you imagine a Guns and roses performance without Sweet child o mine?
    Yes, I would praise to whatever God there is that I didn't have to suffer through it for the billionth time, not that I even like them. Radio overairplay is quite enough. But I get what you're saying.

But at the same time, I also feel like the majority of Manson's crowds at this point ARE the true fans, so switch it up. If the casual fans or non fans don't get to hear a song, sorry. Why are they there in the first place, especially if they are a non fan? And being a casual fan isn't an excuse to not learn other tunes. Those people can still give other albums a listen and learn other tunes. I feel like those people are just there to say they went to a Marilyn Manson concert, anyway. I don't know anyone that would pay $50+ to go see a band that they are a casual fan of and only know a few hit singles, but I'm sure they're out there.
    2001-07-11 - North Myrtle Beach, SC ["Guns, God, & Government"/"Ozzfest 2001"]
    2004-12-03 - North Myrtle Beach, SC ["Against All Gods"]
    2013-07-14 - North Myrtle Beach, SC ["Hey, Cruel World..."/Summer 2013]

Visit grotesk_burlesk's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by MechanicalAnimal View Post
    Yes, I would praise to whatever God there is that I didn't have to suffer through it for the billionth time, not that I even like them. Radio overairplay is quite enough. But I get what you're saying.

But at the same time, I also feel like the majority of Manson's crowds at this point ARE the true fans, so switch it up. If the casual fans or non fans don't get to hear a song, sorry. Why are they there in the first place, especially if they are a non fan? And being a casual fan isn't an excuse to not learn other tunes. Those people can still give other albums a listen and learn other tunes. I feel like those people are just there to say they went to a Marilyn Manson concert, anyway. I don't know anyone that would pay $50+ to go see a band that they are a casual fan of and only know a few hit singles, but I'm sure they're out there.
    Well the best solution which I can think of, was that manson should start doing 2 hour shows divided in two parts. In one he would sing all the singles, and in the second his most obscure songs like most bands do.

If Manson didn't play the shortest set in the history of headliners, this wouldn't be a problem. There's a whole lot of rarities that can fit into a 100 minute set list. But when he's barely out there for a cumulative 57 minutes, there's hardly any time for that.

marilyn could play different or less heard songs more frequently and add new props, sure
    i'm not opposed, even to tracks off of THEOL. he sorta bombed those tracks during that
    tour from what i've heard people say.. but i know he can rock it now. he should go for it again
    definitely wouldnt mind hearing IWTKYLTDITM or WOW, or RTTEOTW
    that performance of RTTEOTW you were talking about was genius

i also wouldnt mind hearing songs that have never been played
    flowers of evil would be neat
    or LDYGDA, or OTPOM or BV
    evidence,, has that been played live?
    target audience
    lamb of god
    kaboom kaboom?
    slutgarden?

though i agree songs like sweet dreams, TDS, DT and TBP
    could be given a rest for a while
    though in the end he's going to do what works best anyway i guess
    and give what the majority of his customers want
    its not like those songs don't drive the crowd wild

lunchbox, manthatyoufear, min of decay, IDLTDBTDLM, death song, mechanical animals and
    ITSOTVOD would all be cool to hear again

"I'm a strip, strip, strip, and I flicker, flick, flick, flick
    A flicker of celluloid and there's holes, holes, holes
    In my everything"

Quote Originally Posted by vht View Post
    If Manson didn't play the shortest set in the history of headliners, this wouldn't be a problem. There's a whole lot of rarities that can fit into a 100 minute set list. But when he's barely out there for a cumulative 57 minutes, there's hardly any time for that.
    Yeah. He does more like 70 odd minutes on his own tours (rather than the co-headlining), but it's still a really short set compared to most acts. 90 minutes plus is the norm for acts with more than a couple of albums, and most bands with as long a history as Manson are doing two hours plus. Even Lady Gaga did an almost three hour set comprising pretty much everything she'd ever recorded, and that was with two and half albums under her belt!

From the last three albums, the only song that I want to hear live is Overneath The Path of Misery. It's a goddamn shame it hasn't been played live yet.

The reason the big albums were so great was because each tour promoted them greatly and played a lot of those tracks. I think the modern Manson should only play his new songs and the odd rare song or single. Heres something realistic and something awesome.

1.Murders Are Getting Prettier Everyday
    2.Love Song
    3.Four Rusted Horses
    4.Pretty As A Swastika
    5.Running To The Edge Of The World
    6.I Want To Kill You Like They Do In The Movies
    7.The Flowers Of Evil
    8.Tourniquet
    9.Sweet Dreams
    10.LunchBox
    11.Overneath The Path Of Misey
    12.If I Was Your Vampire