Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JamesNintendoNerd

Down, but not out.

Default JamesNintendoNerd

This was by far the first Internet show I've gotten into so far. I'm sure that if you've ever heard of him at least once in your life, you'd have most likely seen this one already.

LOL. Welcome to 2006.

Just kidding. I'm a fan.

He's slowed down a lot since making the Nerd movie, though. If you like videogame reviews or just humorous, snarky commentary you should check out the Zero Punctuation reviews on The Escapist.
    Last edited by Celebrity Killing Spree; 02-09-2013 at 09:56 AM.

Hallelujah motherfuckers thatrussianman's Avatar

That's Zero Punctuation. I love Yahtzee to death but he will critizice a game to the nth degree

James, or the AVGN, reviews old games but makes it funny because he's filthy and not reserved at all. He's pretty smart
    Chaos Undivided

Down, but not out.

The Spiderman episode and the first Bible games episode had me dying of laughter when I saw them for the very first time. I also found the Cowardly Lion to be a riot in The Wizard of Oz review. And yes, I'm also looking forward to the movie myself, and I could see how that could've caused him to slow down a bit, aside from sticking with it since 2006.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-09-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Whenever criticizing something - anything - in my head, it always comes out in James' voice as he does a review of it for me. He is not simply an amusement but a part of my functioning mind.

Been a fan for years.

Looking forward to the movie.

One thing I really like about James is that he does a lot of videos educating his young audience about film history and cult films after luring them in with AVGN videos.

Down, but not out.

I just caught these as I was randomly searching for his videos. I've always preferred the Super Nintendo, but that's also mostly because I grew up with it. (Not that the Sega Genesis was awful, and once I'm good and ready to go 100% on video game collecting, the Sega Genesis will be the first retro system on my list.) And oh boy does this take me back. I can still remember seeing lots of Sega Genesis fans dumping on the Super Nintendo during my childhood.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 03-19-2013 at 04:51 PM.

I am another yourself. Dronepool's Avatar

Super Nintendo was revolutionary.

The Sega Genesis is the console for gamers who have a massive penis. That's why the cartridges were smaller than the SNES carts, because you would need more room in your pants for your junk.

Quote Originally Posted by Celebrity Killing Spree View Post
    LOL. Welcome to 2006.

Just kidding. I'm a fan.

He's slowed down a lot since making the Nerd movie, though. If you like videogame reviews or just humorous, snarky commentary you should check out the Zero Punctuation reviews on The Escapist.
    If by "snarky commentary" you mean "whining about everything" then sure, Zero Punctuation is great.