Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Childfree & Unmarried

Add Swede on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    This was another topic that I almost forgot to include here. What's your opinion on people that don't want to have children, or people that don't want to get married? Are you one of them? And if so, have your friends and family been accepting and supportive of your decisions? As for me, I'm still on the fence, but I don't have any problems with people that would rather not have children or never get married. However, I've seen a lot of people condemn others for not having children and/or getting married. If it wasn't for religious reasons, it was for societal and even sometimes political reasons.
    We are married but children we do not intend to acquire. It is an ambivalent feeling when it comes to having children but we have decided to not acquire any where there is too much concern over such a long time. I do not think it is ok to judge what others do or plan in their lives. There are still major decision and one has to consider all aspects before embarking on unfamiliar ground.

2. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

Certainly, not everyone is personally inclined childrearing or romantic pair-bonding. While I think at least the capacity for these behaviors is significant to human nature, everyone should do what they feel called to.

It's certainly more popular in younger years (teens all the way to the early thirties) to claim disinterest in getting married and having kids (or adopting, or whatever options apply to your situation), but obviously on a long enough timeline more people fall off that wagon than don't. All that said, I sometimes fear a genuine trend towards more extreme individualism and basic self-interest further undermining both the ideas of childrearing and pair-bonding as a social responsibility.

4. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by 21Faces View Post
    Certainly, not everyone is personally inclined childrearing or romantic pair-bonding. While I think at least the capacity for these behaviors is significant to human nature, everyone should do what they feel called to.

It's certainly more popular in younger years (teens all the way to the early thirties) to claim disinterest in getting married and having kids (or adopting, or whatever options apply to your situation), but obviously on a long enough timeline more people fall off that wagon than don't. All that said, I sometimes fear a genuine trend towards more extreme individualism and basic self-interest further undermining both the ideas of childrearing and pair-bonding as a social responsibility.
    Boy, it's nice to see you back around! I miss our talks.

As I think we touched on on one of my Facebook updates, it's completely absurd (but characteristically snarky) of you to implicitly associate being single or childfree as being self-centered or socially isolated to the point of being a detriment to our society. if you want to tout the benefits of adhering to what you consider natural social norms or human behavior, then I suppose you better stop with all the liberal social constructing and Marxism I catch you taking part in! Let's all just fuck like rabbits (or maybe like humans, so to speak) and eat each other and stone gays and stop wearing clothes!

EDIT: Although I suppose I should give you a pass for your misguided views on 'familial values' and child rearing due to your genetic disposition as a Hispanic Catholic. ;)
         

and with just one faint glance back into the sea
    the mollusk lingers with its wandering eye
      
      

Add demonicblackcat on Facebook

first of all, my parents are the old fashioned type who think all their kids must marry therefore have babies so the family line continues... my 2 sisters have already married with children. me on the other hand have tried to tell them i'm in polygamous relationship but i don't want any kids. They have never listened to me and i don't think it will EVER get through to them, which makes me an angry little person. so ya, any ideas?

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

?
    Last edited by Cat; 08-11-2015 at 07:58 AM.

9. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Muddy Knees

I have lost all interest in relationships for myself, and kids are something I have never been interested in to begin with. Consider me child-free, marriage-free, and perfectly content/happy in life.

I've been single essentially my entire life, beyond an eight month stint seven years ago, and it's something I couldn't fathom ever changing. I used to have a more hopeful attitude over relationships, but the past few years of dating clicked it over for me that I really just wanted to be alone than hang out and establish relationships with these people. The very thought of being with someone tends to feel insanely constricting because, while sex has waning fun, nothing about being around these people interests me. Call it shallow, or whatever, but I simply stopped giving a fuck about these people or having desire to connect with them. I'm much more interested in my career, studies, video games, music, and working out than I am in connecting with people. I'm not hopeful this feeling will change whatsoever, but if something drastic does change in a decade or so then maybe my older-self will mature on a more personal level and I'll become just a little less cynical on this subject. It's simply not something I want in my life at this point due to complete lack of interest or desire.

Marriage? I'm not one to make promises on this scale, as well as including governmental regulation into another aspect of my life, on something my future-self or a potential spouse would feel somewhat forced to keep for whatever reason. I could easily view someone as a lifelong partner without any of that extra nonsense to go with it and be perfectly happy. Marriage is obnoxious to me and any possible partners are told of this viewpoint early on.

The older I get the more people have been bothering me about relationship/dating nonsense, so it feels good to vent a bit.

Edit: Fucking hell. I had to make some fixes here. My grammar was atrocious.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I was recently diagnosed with erectile dysfunction and can't produce any sperm. I also need a procedure done for Retrograde Ejaculation. So, I never have to worry about having kids, which is a good thing. It's something that I've always been worried/concerned about as my Dad had Schizophrenia and it skips a generation. So, I will not only be not contributing to overpopulation nor will I be bringing another person into the World who will just suffer. And even if my dick did work, which I stress, I still couldn't get anyone pregnant. My ejaculate is either just shooting blanks with/followed by extreme ass and stomach pains or it it is just all watery followed my pain in my ass hole and stomach. So, YAY! No kids for me!
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

13. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Twiggz On Twitter Add Twiggz on Facebook Visit Twiggz's Instagram Channel

Oh Christ I'm glad I don't have a dick....I'm a lesbian....I'm childless...I also feel I haven't taken this thread as serious as others.... O.O

...Stand down dick fighters...

Cash is a poor mans $ money $

15. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

I do and don't take this thread seriously. I was going to start an Erectile Dysfunction thread just for fun but just decided to make something up in here. LOL
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

17. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Follow Twiggz On Twitter Add Twiggz on Facebook Visit Twiggz's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri-LIE View Post
    I do and don't take this thread seriously. I was going to start an Erectile Dysfunction thread just for fun but just decided to make something up in here. LOL
    Dude you make me laugh

...Stand down dick fighters...

Cash is a poor mans $ money $

19. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post