Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Childfree & Unmarried

Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Thanks, and I was going to make it even more gross, but I wanted to keep it somewhat realistic.

I know that this isn't really thread related, but I've been meaning to buy some of those "Super-Soaker" C-um P-ills that they use in the P-orno Movies.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

I have nothing against being married. If I found the right person, I'd do it. I don't want kids though. I am good with kids and I have babysat, but I only like them in small doses. Not when it's a 24 hour job. I'm too selfish and wouldn't want to sacrifice my fun. I've had arguments with religious people about marriage. I told them that it serves no purpose outside of a legal context and I would say that if there is a god, he would know how you feel inside about the person and that you love them with all your heart. You don't need a piece of paper to prove that. I've never heard them give me a satisfying answer. The answer that I give they just don't like and that can't quite figure out why. I think it's logical and just common sense, but then again most religious people lack rationality. I've always wanted to have a close friend with kids and I'd be the old hippie uncle with long hair showing up to babysit and getting the kids in a bit of trouble and bringing them beer when they are a teenager. And I'd watch them and treat them as if they were my own, but it's just not a responsibility I have every day. If I married someone who's kids are already almost raised or raised, that's another story and that would be fine. I'd marry someone with a 15 year old. I could handle that, I think.

3. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Married to Suedehead Shangri-LIE's Avatar
    Follow Shangri-LIE On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    I have nothing against being married. If I found the right person, I'd do it. I don't want kids though. I am good with kids and I have babysat, but I only like them in small doses. Not when it's a 24 hour job. I'm too selfish and wouldn't want to sacrifice my fun. I've had arguments with religious people about marriage. I told them that it serves no purpose outside of a legal context and I would say that if there is a god, he would know how you feel inside about the person and that you love them with all your heart. You don't need a piece of paper to prove that. I've never heard them give me a satisfying answer. The answer that I give they just don't like and that can't quite figure out why. I think it's logical and just common sense, but then again most religious people lack rationality. I've always wanted to have a close friend with kids and I'd be the old hippie uncle with long hair showing up to babysit and getting the kids in a bit of trouble and bringing them beer when they are a teenager. And I'd watch them and treat them as if they were my own, but it's just not a responsibility I have every day. If I married someone who's kids are already almost raised or raised, that's another story and that would be fine. I'd marry someone with a 15 year old. I could handle that, I think.
    I wouldn't say that all Christians lack rationality. LOL - There's more than one type. There's even a scale for that. I'd get married in a Church if I ever got married and my soon to be wife had Religious beliefs if that's what she wanted. I used to be like that, but there's really no point in it. People tend, even Atheists, which is quite funny, base their existence/personality on THERE IS A GOD! THERE IS NO GOD! But to each their own. I've lost both Christian/Jewish Girlfriends as well as Atheist girlfriends before because they didn't like how I made them think of certain things differently. Whenever I date again, or whenever I get married, it's just one of those "whatever makes you happy" sort of things. I'll study or talk about anything that anyone wants to talk about, even Christians whenever it comes to the Bible and many other things pertaining to it, and I don't try to make them feel illogical and stupid. So, yeah. If i ever get married, I really don't/won't care how much of a Theist/Polytheist/Atheist or anything ist/ism that someone is or isn't. Loving someone is more than that.
    OMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOMNOM

5. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    (TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

. . it is all I ever wanted. I am from a very large family & great with Kids' I have felt I have so much love to give and share but lately I just feel it's selfish & starting to hate that about myself.
    . . the fear takes hold

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

^^^ I sort of feel that way too -- that it's selfish. It might sound weird, but I feel like you basically just force this 'person' into the world without even giving them a choice. And with how shitty the world is, why would you do that to someone in this day and age? I can see it from other perspectives too. This perspective is very cynical. I think a lot of parents are delusional about what it's like and they aren't really thinking long term. It's night like getting a new puppy. There are so many needy kids too, it's almost better off to adopt and the worlds population is getting far too high.

Also in response to Shangs, I don't necessarily think they are ALL irrational. I shouldn't generalize so much. Many of them are though. Or maybe they all are in fact irrational and biased with a priori views that are unshakable, no matter what counter evidence. That's not just about Christians, but all religious folk. Some, it's not intentional though. Some it's just ignorance which can be fixed. I try not to base my whole life on beliefs, but it's hard. Most people do, and I'd say most religious people certainly do. It's just such an important thing to them. They take it as the foundation for all other beliefs, whether about morality, etc.. And that brings me to my last point about it not being so much about the individual's beliefs about whether or not there is a god, but more about the secondary beliefs that come with it i.e. whether or not abortion is wrong, stem cell research, drug legalization, prostitution, gay marriage, etc... It's just a vastly different worldview for the other and smaller things, I find. I just simply would not marry someone that is so much different that me. At least who I am today, (which can always change), I'd never marry in a church unless it was to pacify their family and the person I'm marrying felt like me as well....but then I'd question whether they were a robot just doing whatever their parents want without a mind of their own.

I'd like to marry someday, I suppose. I'm having fun living the single life now. Sometimes it would be nice to have someone to come home to and someone to go on trips with and someone to fuck, but then I remember all the bad things that come with it and I have a lot more freedom now. Maybe I'll end up staying single forever and living a life of hookers and one night stands.

I want some of those Super Soaker pills too!

Eat Internet Primadonnas
    Follow Penance Sentence On Twitter Add Penance Sentence on Facebook Follow Penance Sentence on Tumblr Visit Penance Sentence's Youtube Channel Visit Penance Sentence's Instagram Channel

Definitely want children someday. For sure. Marriage too, but more so, to pass on my seed, than for anything else. I think lots of people in a very sex-determined existence don't want kids because the cliche of a dad is one with lower testosterone, and denied to do what he wants. I don't get why someone wouldn't want children.

I really don't like kids either. Why would I? But, the reason you have kids is because you want YOUR kid to be special. I totally want to be the best father to my future kids I could possibly be. I almost can't wait. But, I'm going to make myself wait longer than most people, though. I'd like to be a father, when I'm around the age of 50. Kind of feel people have kids when they're too young and stupid. Not talking 18, but even think 30 is too early. Not matter how tight you think your head is, only around the nice ripe age of 50 do you have basically have everything you'll need to prepare you for it. The only thing, about that is, sperm quality. If you're a healthy guy at 50, I don't think it'd matter too much. Some people age very, very slowly.

Even if the sperm quality is slightly less ideal, I feel like your knowledge and experience of the world at that age could bypass any genetic deficiency because of the knowledge you could impart to a spry offspring, and epigenetics would run its course. Worst case scenario, I'll slightly lower the age threshold, but currently, 50 seems ideal.

Edit: I mentioned little about marriage, because Love is a hard concept for me. Haven't been in love in years. I may go my whole life without experiencing someone's warm embrace. I'd allow it, and would even want it, but it's hard to count on it. I'd still want a semi-stable household with a strong maternal presence, especially for girls. But I've almost accepted the fact that I'll never have what most people have. Not because I'm hideous or without a decent personality/intelligence, but its just never worked out in the past. And, I blame me, my failure to relate to people. I'd still want kids. And, I'd want them to be totally different than me. Actual good people. Unlike me. I don't want clones. I want to raise good people, because, it's how I wish I were.
    Last edited by Penance Sentence; 02-17-2016 at 08:16 AM.

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Visit JennyVonB's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Penance Sentence View Post
    I really don't like kids either. Why would I? But, the reason you have kids is because you want YOUR kid to be special.
    I have a child but I'm distinctly uncomfortable around any other children. In fact I went to what I thought was a "grown up" party the other week, all glammed up ready to go (I don't get out much), and was really disappointed when it turned out lots of people had brought their kids. Now I'm a parent, I find people expect I'll love kids. I'm tired of getting to hold the newest baby, all I do is worry I'll drop it! But I don't feel like this at all with my own child. Just as well, really...

Quote Originally Posted by Two Faced Egg (23) View Post
    . . it is all I ever wanted. I am from a very large family & great with Kids' I have felt I have so much love to give and share but lately I just feel it's selfish & starting to hate that about myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Tragedy666 View Post
    ^^^ I sort of feel that way too -- that it's selfish. It might sound weird, but I feel like you basically just force this 'person' into the world without even giving them a choice. And with how shitty the world is, why would you do that to someone in this day and age?
    I've actually been feeling a bit selfish about having a child. Watching him grow up, I've recently started to consider what he's going to encounter in life. I admit I didn't properly consider that before I had him. I think that's because when you're thinking about starting a family, it's actually very hard to imagine what your child/ren might be like beyond being a baby, that they will ultimately grow up. That may sound incredibly naive but there you go.

(TwentyThree) Two Faced Egg (23)'s Avatar

Theirs been a misunderstanding. I apologize for not addressing it sooner. I feel selfish because I believed that another would love me. It did not have anything to do with bringing life into our reality. I have a very good grasp on what's happening ( And what appears to be happening ) in our world.

Interesting experience I had a few days ago speaking with a child. She asked my thoughts on life. Before I could answer ( As I was very surprised ) She answered "I am he as you are he as you are me
    And we are all together.." What could I say? I am the Eggman. "Its all us & its all in no sense" -Frank Merovee
    . . the fear takes hold

I have absolutely no interest in marriage as an institution, whether it is under the auspices of a faith or not. I would rather not be a commodity, regardless of contemporary reframing of that element. Other people can do whatever the fuck they want, just don't invite me to the wedding (really, please, I beg you. I will not be offended). However, there is nothing wrong with life long, or long term relationships, even if personally I am terrible commitment phobe and was born without a romantic bone in my body. Apparently it is disconcerting.

As for children ... no. Never. The thought of pregnancy is enough to make me want to undertake preventative surgery on the spot with the nearest blunt instrument. Actually having to go through with it would probably end in death.
    Quid ignorantia sit multi ignorant.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post