Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: "Inspiring Quotes"

"You just have to, you have to not give a fuck about what other people think. Do what matters to you." - I don't know if anyone said this but, I'm sayin' it!

Q is for fucking Queen Alexandra's Avatar

The first quote that has hit me like a brick on the head was a paraphrased Buddhist (I'm not a die hard fan of Buddhism, though) saying I heard half a year ago: You should not seek happiness in others, only in yourself. A group of words has never changed me so much before. My life, or more accurately, my outlook on life and myself have changed dramatically ever since I heard that before moving back to New York. I'm trying really hard right now to stop myself from blurbling out a word salad of happy, love, joy, happy, happy, did I mention happy?

I used to read positive sayings all the time and kept repeating them in my mind like a chant, but that never seemed to work. I would still be the miserable fuck I was and I just couldn't trick myself into being happy. But that quote, somehow, infected me like a virus and traveled all the way down to my subconscious self, which "clicked" and finally understood that it was only me who wasn't letting myself be happy. I was an imbecile that was blaming everyone and everything else around for my misery, except myself. A fool that was waiting to meet someone who'd give me a valid reason or teach me how to be happy.

Happiness does not exist, it's simply a state of mind, like a high induced by a drug.

And "happiness" that comes from falling in love? I don't deny it and believe it's one of life's biggest blessings- to love someone and be loved -but you must love yourself first and foremost. Because if you don't, your lover will steal your happiness from you as soon as he/she leaves. And then you're back to being the old miserable fuck you were.

And this is also one of the most inspiring quotes I've seen here: Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. I don't even know how to stress how true this is. Opening your eyes and seeing your own stupidity is one of the coolest experiences in life, seriously.

Cheers and be happy. I mean Haaaaappy. :)

3. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

5. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

"Be courteous to all but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence." - George Washington

One of my favorite quotes and one that really pertains to my life.... I've had to learn to do this and it took me a long time and a few very hard knocks.... I was too trusting too quickly with some people. Hard lesson!
    Last edited by Angel of Sorrow; 04-11-2014 at 04:34 PM.
    Hey victim, should I black your eyes again?
    Hey victim, you were the one who put the stick in my hand....

7. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

''Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.'' - Marilyn Monroe

9. Like 2 Member(s) liked this post

The quality of mercy is not strain'd,
    It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
    Upon the place beneath: it is twice blest;
    It blesseth him that gives, and him that takes.....
    .......Though justice be thy plea, consider this,
    That, in the course of justice, none of us
    Should see salvation: we do pray for mercy;
    And that same prayer doth teach us all to render
    The deeds of mercy.
    Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice
    "Even smiling makes my face ache."

11. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

13. Like 4 Member(s) liked this post

"What if a demon were to creep after you one night, in your loneliest loneliness, and say, ‘This life which you live must be lived by you once again and innumerable times more; and every pain and joy and thought and sigh must come again to you, all in the same sequence. The eternal hourglass will again and again be turned and you with it, dust of the dust!’ Would you throw yourself down and gnash your teeth and curse that demon? Or would you answer, ‘Never have I heard anything more divine. “
    -Friedrich Nietzche
    --------------------------------

Don't tell me what to do.

15. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    "Even smiling makes my face ache."

17. Like 5 Member(s) liked this post

To the untrained eye one can only observe in a matter of seconds that a) we really see what we think we see and b) think on what you saw c) and then form an opinion and finally D) we act/speak upon it (or not.)
    Whatever road leads where the words go they just flow
    And intertwined brain waved intelligence environment in coexisting connect
    The shift and the blur and the reflective aftermath of realism in reality
    Wherever they go the invisible goes
    The mirrors of illusion are not of one and are of many in infinite space

Everything seems to change in repeats like tidal waves of the Pacific
    The positives and negatives are infinitely interchanging in every molecule

(I felt like free-writing this, myself...so...I gave ^all THAT a shot.)
    Do ya like it?