Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [152]: Jun 25 2013 - Family Arena - ST. Charles, Missouri, USA

Alice Cooper w/ Marilyn Manson
    St. Charles, MO
    6/25/13

2. Like 1 Member(s) liked this post
    Administrator
    IN gOD WE TRUST
    Follow Cringeon On Twitter Add Cringeon on Facebook Visit Cringeon's Instagram Channel

Great recording Haz! \m/

So few posts here, so I wanted to jump in and say it was a fantastic show. (No endless comedy of errors this time around, so thankfully you can all be spared a 5-post long rant from me).

The show was pitifully undersold; so few people were at the arena, I actually felt embarrassed for Marilyn Manson and Alice Cooper. But this didn't impact the performance at all. Manson was livelier and funnier than I've seen him in years. I love his new bit with throwing various words and phrases into the middle of songs and then repeating them over and over. Also, him mimicking the keyboard noises with his vocals is pretty hilarious. It was nice to see a full-on show from MM again, with the stilts, giant chair, neon DRUGS sign, and so on. The band actually made some tired bits (here's looking at you "Rock is Dead" and "Sweet Dreams", wipe away tears) completely fun to hear for the first time in many moons. And I thought "Personal Jesus" was actually chilling; hands down the best performance of that song I've ever seen from MM. "This Is the New Shit" was another highlight. It could be retitled "Blah Blah Blah" at this point. (I can't wait to check out the video of both songs). All in all, I would say Marilyn Manson really brought the Etc . . .

This was my first time seeing Alice Cooper, and he did not disappoint. I've been wanting to see him for years and this was totally worth it. He didn't play "He's Back (The Man Behind the Mask"), but I won't hold it against him, since I'm probably only one of five people that actually wants to hear that song. I was also hoping to automatically get a lap dance during "Poison", but for some reason it didn't happen. I will not hold Alice accountable for this, however. What really blew me away about Alice is that he's still able to sing after being decapitated. Most 65-year olds would just die, but not him, apparently. "Ballad of Dwight Frye" was a highlight for me, as was the giant monster during "Feed My Frankenstein". Also a real treat seeing Manson and Alice duet on "I'm Eighteen"; Manson kissed Alice's boot and then I squirted a little something.

In conclusion, we had a great time. I'd like to thank Manson and Alice for putting on such a great show, all the empty seats, the RAEP signs, Alice's boa constrictor, the chubby goth girls who activate my special places, the Feed My Frankenstein monster, the girl in our row who's version of moving out of the way while we were trying to get to our seats consisted of just sitting there playing on her phone and almost tripping us, and the drunk woman at Denny's after the show who sat next to us and insulted the cook and the waitress and basically made everyone in the entire restaurant remember that sometimes, dead is better.
    Last edited by Gloominatus; 06-27-2013 at 01:23 PM.

Add 0m3ga on Facebook Follow 0m3ga on Tumblr

So how empty was the arena?
    all
    my
    stitches
    itch

It was so empty, your mama's ass could have fit in the . . .

Okay, enough of that. But really, it was the lightest attendance of any arena show I've ever been to. The number of people in the audience during Manson's set was usually what you would see for like an opening act. The floor seats were all filled, but the back half of the floor was just a wide open empty space (not sure if the arena just didn't allow that or not, though). But all of the other sections were very sparsely attended; at best some were moderately full, but many were just kind of mildly dotted with people. We sat all the way in the topmost back section (re: cheapest seats), which had an okay number of people, but there were still A LOT of empty seats. I have to say, it was pretty surreal. Some more people showed up for Alice Cooper, but other people also left after Manson. I was very disappointed in St. Louis for such a crappy turnout.

Can't seem to get my rainshower pit footage from yesterday up just yet but here's what I've uploaded from THIS show so far, at least. Enjoy! More to come.

Administrator
    "Captain Aids"
    Follow Norsefire On Twitter Visit Norsefire's Instagram Channel

Thanks HAZ! Great videos!
    I enjoyed the close up shots on mOBSCENE!

It was a great show, I did the meet and greet and was lucky to get to chat with Manson. Even luckier when he handed me a backstage pass. It was super chill after the show. We hung out for almost three hours. I even got a picture of me in his "smart glasses" He was very laid back, easy to be around and not on any groupie shit which was super cool!!!!!!

Haz, you sir have captured some great videos. I can't wait till you can post part 3. I was also looking back in the Hey Cruel World shows and you said you got the Kansas City show, any chance of posting those when you get back for your wonderful tour with Manson.

Quote Originally Posted by Norsefire View Post
    Thanks HAZ! Great videos!
    I enjoyed the close up shots on mOBSCENE!
    Haha, glad to hear it! I was SUPER psyched to have such a great zoom lens when I caught Manson's little finger-fucking drama on the chair, I'm pretty sure I must've been one of the very few people who could actually see what he was doing up there, lol.

And I've got a bunch more footage of the tie you made and gave him from various other shows. Always tried to get a good shot of it and hoped you'd get to enjoy 'em someday! Wish I would've realized he was just gonna randomly toss it into the audience, I would've tried to get it beforehand and have it personalized for you so you could have it back eventually. Bah!

Quote Originally Posted by bryan_65 View Post
    Haz, you sir have captured some great videos. I can't wait till you can post part 3. I was also looking back in the Hey Cruel World shows and you said you got the Kansas City show, any chance of posting those when you get back for your wonderful tour with Manson.
    Thanks! Sorry for the extended delay for the rest of the show, btw. I've got STACKS of DVC tapes and SD cards of the shows since last May, I just still haven't made my way home yet and I can't really do anything with them till I do. All in good time!

And, yeah, can't wait to post that HCWT show from K.C., MO! It's definitely some of the very best footage I got and a hilariously spectacular and kickass show, too. Just gotta get home and get around to it, but it'll be WELL worth the wait, I promise!

:)