Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long Hard Road In and Out of Hell: Pages From A Marilyn Manson Groupie's Tour Diary

Follow Lillith On Twitter Follow Lillith on Tumblr Visit Lillith's Instagram Channel

Default Long Hard Road In and Out of Hell: Pages From A Marilyn Manson Groupie's Tour Diary

Ok so this is what I have been working on for the last couple of months. It's a joint review by Lexa Vonn & I of The Plastics. This review has also been approved by Manson himself.

Intro by Lexa Vonn:

Reading the pages of the journal Lillith Black kept as she traveled from show to show on the last leg of Marilyn Manson's 2013 North American Hey Cruel World Tour, brought back many memories for me. The first time I ever saw Marilyn Manson play was in 1995 at a small club in Boston. I was in high school at the time and the admission for the show was $8. The moment Manson took the stage, he seemed to fixate on me. Hypnotized by his ice blue contacts (he wore two at the time), I felt both frightened and aroused. My nightmares and fantasies became one as I was seduced by displays of sex, violence, and a certain innocence I can't really describe. There was something familiar about him, like we knew each other from a past life. Too intrigued to leave, I waited around the tour bus after the show that night in hopes of meeting him. When he exited the back of the club, he walked up to me and asked what my name was. After graduating high school, I took a Greyhound bus to L.A. where I lived on and off the streets for awhile. I met Manson again after a show in Hollywood during the Smells Like Children tour and asked if he remembered me. "Yes, you're from Boston," he replied. I was stunned that he remembered me at all, let alone where I was from. Not too soon after that, Antichrist Superstar was released and after breaking up with a lover who I'd been living with and being estranged from my family, I found myself with nowhere to go. It was then that I began to follow the band on tour.

Read More Here
    The Plastics
    My Plastics Chapter
    Mods feel free to move this, if it's in the wrong spot. Wasn't sure where to post it.
    Last edited by Lillith; 03-25-2013 at 10:29 PM. Reason: No Reason
    I gave Marilyn Manson AIDS.

That was very interesting to read, thanks for sharing. :) Sometimes I wish I lived in America instead of Finland. A little harder to follow him that much from here... He doesn't even come here anymore, so I have followed him to other countries twice now. But I'm not rich enough to travel so much, and too scared for hitchhiking and such. Plus I'm not that kind of girl who would show her boobs at shows, dress slutty or anything like that, so don't know would I get much of his attention even I would go to as many shows as possible. But it's interesting to read these stories about people who have followed him so much, for such a long time.

Edit. But have to admit that I also wondered will they share Teena's story too, since this pretty much brought her to my mind too. And yeah, maybe "inspiring" wasn't the right word after all.
    Last edited by crowfaerie; 03-14-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Add TongueTwistingStorm on Facebook Visit TongueTwistingStorm's Instagram Channel

Want. Part. Two.

This is a great read, you are an excellent writer. I would absolutely love to do something like this for the dates around where I live. When I think of how the two shows I saw affected me, I can only imagine how alive I would feel. Alas, very little money and no drivers' license.

Chicks flashing their tits at the band is so commonplace that it's not much of an attention grabber for them. I wouldn't call the stories about groupies inspiring, but they're definitely an interesting read.

I agree with the other comments here- this was an interesting read, and very well written. Your writing style is captivating- made me feel like I was there with you. Lillith, you are very talented with your writing, and I am truly impressed with the way that you express your thoughts and feelings.

I've read a little bit of Lexa Vonn's writings about her encounters with Manson, but I'm still a bit unclear about a couple of things that maybe you have the answers to, Lillith. First and foremost, I'm assuming that you are a part of The Plastics (please correct me if I'm wrong). What does this mean, or what does this group stand for? Are you girls actual "groupies," and if so- is it just the standard definition of what groupies do or does it go beyond that? Quite honestly, when I hear the word "groupies" the first thing that pops into my mind is the typical idea most have... a person who makes it their mission to gain access backstage solely just to have sex with the celebrity.

In reading Lexa Vonn's writings about Manson, and now yours as well- I didn't get the impression that the goal was a sexual encounter with Manson. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong- but in reading Lexa's writings, she followed Manson for quite a long time, and by one account- ended up watching a movie with him in a hotel room alone (if I remember correctly, they were even sitting together on the bed) and yet neither he or she made any type of move sexually. I believe she has even gone on to state that she has never had any type of sexual encounter with Manson at all, although she has with other rock stars and yet I've always seen her referred to as "Marilyn Manson's groupie."

So, I'm a little confused. The title of this thread even uses the word "groupie." But, it seems to me that your motivation isn't about trying to sleep with Manson, or is it and I'm just reading into it incorrectly? Please do not be offended by my questions, because I am truly a little confused about what The Plastics motivations are, since the term groupie is used so frequently in conjunction with them but it doesn't seem like they fall entirely under the definition of groupies as there doesn't seem to be that driven goal of having a sexual encounter. Is the goal of a Plastic to follow Manson from show to show, try to meet him and connect with him on a personal level but not on a sexual level? Or, is it all of that, and if given the chance- to turn it sexual? Or is that something that the Plastics don't set out to achieve with their encounters?

Again, please do not take any offense to what I'm asking here, or think I'm being insulting at all, because that is not my intent at all. I think it's amazing that you and Lexa have had so many great opportunities to connect with Manson like you have... I would give anything to have the opportunities that you two have had! I've wanted to meet him for the past 16 years because of what his music means to me, and never have- even with the VIP option with this past tour, I wasn't able to that... so I am envious of you both, for sure. I'm just interested in what exactly "The Plastics" stand for, and what makes them different than others groupies... for example, than someone like Teena Byrd (she's an extreme example, but you get what I mean, I hope).

Quote Originally Posted by AssetReign View Post
    Chicks flashing their tits at the band is so commonplace that it's not much of an attention grabber for them. I wouldn't call the stories about groupies inspiring, but they're definitely an interesting read.
    I'm not sure, in France for example I've never seen any girl doing it!

Well, I loved reading it too, and I hope you'll write again and share your experience cause it's really pleasant to read :)

Come to the dark side Black Dahlia's Avatar

Loved reading this! It's always intriguing to know what Manson's like with each of his fans. I always wanted to give him some special gift but I wouldn't even know where to begin. Seeing him once has given me a craving to see him live again, and I can't wait to satisfy it.

Cool sites.
    And yeah, I too was wondering why Teena Byrd wasn't a part of this scene. Seems like they just do what she was doing and trying to do.

Follow Lillith On Twitter Follow Lillith on Tumblr Visit Lillith's Instagram Channel

Quote Originally Posted by alexismbench View Post
    I agree with the other comments here- this was an interesting read, and very well written. Your writing style is captivating- made me feel like I was there with you. Lillith, you are very talented with your writing, and I am truly impressed with the way that you express your thoughts and feelings.

I've read a little bit of Lexa Vonn's writings about her encounters with Manson, but I'm still a bit unclear about a couple of things that maybe you have the answers to, Lillith. First and foremost, I'm assuming that you are a part of The Plastics (please correct me if I'm wrong). What does this mean, or what does this group stand for? Are you girls actual "groupies," and if so- is it just the standard definition of what groupies do or does it go beyond that? Quite honestly, when I hear the word "groupies" the first thing that pops into my mind is the typical idea most have... a person who makes it their mission to gain access backstage solely just to have sex with the celebrity.

In reading Lexa Vonn's writings about Manson, and now yours as well- I didn't get the impression that the goal was a sexual encounter with Manson. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong- but in reading Lexa's writings, she followed Manson for quite a long time, and by one account- ended up watching a movie with him in a hotel room alone (if I remember correctly, they were even sitting together on the bed) and yet neither he or she made any type of move sexually. I believe she has even gone on to state that she has never had any type of sexual encounter with Manson at all, although she has with other rock stars and yet I've always seen her referred to as "Marilyn Manson's groupie."

So, I'm a little confused. The title of this thread even uses the word "groupie." But, it seems to me that your motivation isn't about trying to sleep with Manson, or is it and I'm just reading into it incorrectly? Please do not be offended by my questions, because I am truly a little confused about what The Plastics motivations are, since the term groupie is used so frequently in conjunction with them but it doesn't seem like they fall entirely under the definition of groupies as there doesn't seem to be that driven goal of having a sexual encounter. Is the goal of a Plastic to follow Manson from show to show, try to meet him and connect with him on a personal level but not on a sexual level? Or, is it all of that, and if given the chance- to turn it sexual? Or is that something that the Plastics don't set out to achieve with their encounters?

Again, please do not take any offense to what I'm asking here, or think I'm being insulting at all, because that is not my intent at all. I think it's amazing that you and Lexa have had so many great opportunities to connect with Manson like you have... I would give anything to have the opportunities that you two have had! I've wanted to meet him for the past 16 years because of what his music means to me, and never have- even with the VIP option with this past tour, I wasn't able to that... so I am envious of you both, for sure. I'm just interested in what exactly "The Plastics" stand for, and what makes them different than others groupies... for example, than someone like Teena Byrd (she's an extreme example, but you get what I mean, I hope).

No offense taken. Yes I am indeed a member. The Plastics are girls who pretty much live and breath Rock N Roll. To the point where going to a show is pretty much like how going to Church is to most normal people. Groupies where the term for a muse coined in the 1960s for many bands. The people that you refer to that just sleep around with the bands, roadies etc, are pretty much called "starfuckers". While I personally see nothing wrong with doing that, it's not my thing and it will also earn you jack shit in the respect department. And more or less put you on the same level as "Teena". But for the sake of this post she doesn't even count. There really no turning back after death threats are sent. It's not forbidden to sleep with the band members, if a "fling" or what have you where to happen but it's also not really the point of being a Plastic. I recommend you check out Pamela Des Barres book Let's Spend The Night Together. There is also a much longer and more indepth description of the Plastics on the front page of the site and in addition to FB link {just click the info page}, which are both conveintaly located at the bottom of my original post.

Thank You everyone for the compliments. I never actually set out to be a writer, nor did I consider myself that good at it. :) But this was such a fun project that I couldn't resist. I'm glad everyone is enjoying it so far. I don't really care if flashing is common place or not. Manson seems to enjoy it, it's fun. And kind of like Hey, I love this show so much I'm gonna go topless sort of deal." There will be more coming soon.
    Last edited by Lillith; 03-14-2013 at 12:50 PM. Reason: No Reason

Default Part II

Our bus out of Cleveland arrived late without any notifications and the vending machine stole the money I deposited for a bottle of water. The bottle just sat there in the machine, mocking me like a liquid filled middle finger. Gina changed buses in Buffalo, as her ticket was routed differently than mine. I'm pretty sure my bus hit just about every city and town in upstate NY. I suspect the blame may have been pinned on me on the last bus ride due to my fashion, since I seemed to be taking on the appearance of a Hell's Angel while I traveled. With my biker jacket, unkempt hair, skin tight pants and backpack, I guess I looked a bit threatening. On this ride, I was more likely taken for a homeless girl, as I had already been on the bus for a day and a half to two days, still in the same make-up. I at least had the good sense to change clothes before getting on the bus, which is more than I can say for most of the people on there.

Read More