Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image Nav_image
Nav_image
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long Hard Road In and Out of Hell: Pages From A Marilyn Manson Groupie's Tour Diary

Follow Lillith On Twitter Follow Lillith on Tumblr Visit Lillith's Instagram Channel

Default Part III

Thankfully, this Greyhound ride was relatively uneventful and short, but just long enough for me to catch a little bit of sleep. The cold however, was doing a number on my hands. Even with gloves and Hot Hands, they were starting to peel, ache, and my cuticles were splitting at the seams. Midway to Boston, I finally got my iPod charger to function long enough to be reminded that my couch surfing host wouldn't be home till after 5:30pm. Due to GH scheduling constraints, my bus wouldn't even be getting into Boston until 11:30/12:00pm, leaving me with almost no time to get ready. Thankfully, by now I am quite well versed in doing make-up on the fly with nothing but a compact and my make-up case. After investigating the loo situation at Southside Terminal, I concluded with the idea that it was going to be too busy to bother with. Having to think quickly, I raced past the ATM, down the escalators, and attempted to hurry the elevator to get me to the street level where I finally located a Dunkin Donuts about a block away. Buying a small coffee to earn myself some customer credibility, I took over the bathroom for the next 20 minutes. As I wrestled with my already overstuffed suitcase, I rushed to get dressed and performed a quick make-up job. I was contemplating plugging in my iron to straighten my hair, when I was interrupted by the staff and some guy looking for his wife.

Read More
    I gave Marilyn Manson AIDS.

Follow Lillith On Twitter Follow Lillith on Tumblr Visit Lillith's Instagram Channel

Default Part IV

Los Angeles, CA

Nokia Theater

2/21/13

By Lillith Black (with Lexa Vonn)

By the time the L.A. show neared, I decided that I'd had enough of the Greyhound experience and managed to pull some cash together for a last minute plane ticket. My dad offered to get me a hotel room for the first two nights and Lexa Vonn generously invited me to stay at her humble abode for the rest of my short vacation. It was the the second to last MM show of this leg of the tour and there was also a Plastics' event happening later that weekend, "Patti Johnsen's Annual Groupie Roundtable." With both those events occurring back to back, it was an offer I couldn't refuse. Appropriately enough, the second song to play on my iPod shuffle as the plane took off was "Hey, Mister Superstar." The plane was comfy, but the ride was ridiculously long! At one point, I remember waking up and seeing it was 9:30 and thinking, why the hell haven't we landed yet? Then, I realized that I was still on East Coast time and wouldn't be landing for another couple hours. LAX was pretty uneventful. By the time I got downstairs, my luggage was already waiting on the carousel. All I needed to do was figure out where to meet the Super Shuttle, which ended up taking a good two hours to finally drop me off at my hotel in downtown L.A.

Read More

Sigh this is the last one for now. :(

Haha, I loved the MM contribution!

Yea that was pretty funny.

Default Epilogue

My First Trip to L.A. to meet The Plastics
    By Lillith Black

If you are having any second thoughts what so ever about joining The Plastics or its authenticity as a true family rather than an impersonal Internet fad, think again! Taking a spur of the moment and questionably financed trip to L.A. was one of the most fun and rewarding experiences of my life! Originally, I had no immediate plans to fly out to LA., but I got a decent paycheck from my new job and there were only two Marilyn Manson shows left to the current leg of the Hey Cruel World tour. As we all know, Manson shows are addictive! On top of that, there was also the "7th Annual Groupie Roundtable" happening at The Rainbow that weekend and I felt like I needed a little inspiration to revive my chapter of The Plastics in Virginia. I was kinda on hiatus as a Plastic, due to a vast array of personal problems and a less than accepting local town. But when Lexa assigned me the MM project and invited me to stay with her if I came to L.A., I decided it was meant to be. I'd never met Lexa in person before the Manson show we attended at Club Nokia in L.A., but she treated me like family the second we met. After the show, Lexa made sure to check on me to insure that I got back to the hotel safely and advised me on which subway to take so that she could pick me up in the morning.

Read More.